Discuss Scratch

Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

dogeiscut wrote:

remade it on regular beepbox

Awesome, thanks! There is an offsite BeepBox stream I shared it to but it turns out they don't accept songs made with Modded BeepBox so now I can re-share it.
dogeiscut
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

Gnawing At Your Feet

Last edited by dogeiscut (Feb. 22, 2018 01:32:34)

peanut
RandomAppleSoda04
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

Locomule wrote:

shovelcat wrote:

I like dialga also

What is that, something like BeepBox?
Nope, it's a Pokemon. The best Pokemon, to be precise!

Anyway, I feel like reposting a song I did once.
This is the first BeepBox song I made this year. I quite like it!
I also made a short loop in Modded BeepBox and fixed an old cover with BeepBox's multi-channel update. Animal Crossing: Wild World/City Folk: 12 P.M., to be precise. However, as usual, I edited this post to contain them, in order to avoid double-posting.

Last edited by RandomAppleSoda04 (Feb. 22, 2018 03:33:33)

I really, really like Dialga. : D

scratch 2.0 used flash
but flash is being discontinued in 2020
that's why 3.0 doesn't use flash.

anyway here's a thing, and another thing. do an Enjoy
Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

RandomAppleSoda04 wrote:

Very nice. Kinda crazy that you wrote a 3/4 waltz time song in regular 4/4 time measure! If that makes any sense..
shovelcat
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

RandomAppleSoda04 wrote:

Locomule wrote:

shovelcat wrote:

I like dialga also

What is that, something like BeepBox?
Nope, it's a Pokemon. The best Pokemon, to be precise!

This is the first BeepBox song I made this year. I quite like it!
I also made a short loop in Modded BeepBox and fixed an old cover with BeepBox's multi-channel update. Animal Crossing: Wild World/City Folk: 12 P.M., to be precise. However, as usual, I edited this post to contain them, in order to avoid double-posting.
I like giratina wayy better though

Last edited by shovelcat (Feb. 22, 2018 22:56:20)

It's rare for me to finish my stuff
RandomAppleSoda04
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

Day 423
——-

Is it even scientifically possible to make something this sad-sounding while having it based on Spinner and ignoring G's canon prioritization once again?
Unfortunately, that seems to be a rhetorical question. (At least Miitopia helped me find a use for the glitch instrument. Listening to Surprise Present for half an hour straight works wonders!)

All I wanted to make was a calm tune in regular BeepBox to match the snow outside- which I made a decent-sized snowman out of today- but I guess this happened instead…?

scratch 2.0 used flash

dogeiscut
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

RandomAppleSoda04 wrote:

Day 423
——-

Is it even scientifically possible to make something this sad-sounding while having it based on Spinner and ignoring G's canon prioritization once again?
Unfortunately, that seems to be a rhetorical question. (At least Miitopia helped me find a use for the glitch instrument. Listening to Surprise Present for half an hour straight works wonders!)

All I wanted to make was a calm tune in regular BeepBox to match the snow outside- which I made a decent-sized snowman out of today- but I guess this happened instead…?
remade in regular beepbox

peanut
teal08
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

This isn't an original piece, but you can probably guess what it's going to be ;)

░░▒▒▓▓██▓▓▒▒░░[Sc²¹][Ra⁸⁸][Tc⁴³][H¹]░░▒▒▓▓██▓▓▒▒░░
This would be the perfect place for a really inspirational/witty/just-plain-awesome quote but as you've probably noticed this is my signature, so don't expect anything half-decent, let alone good…

R.i.p. Stefán Karl Stefánsson (1975-2018)
Forever Number One.
RandomAppleSoda04
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

dogeiscut wrote:

RandomAppleSoda04 wrote:

Day 423
——-

remade in regular beepbox
Ah, thank you! : o

scratch 2.0 used flash

Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

RandomAppleSoda04 wrote:

Day 423
——-

You wrote it using a minor key (the unhappy face) Re-write using the major key (the smiley face) and it will sound happy. That IS musical science
KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

Locomule wrote:

You wrote it using a minor key (the unhappy face) Re-write using the major key (the smiley face) and it will sound happy. That IS musical science

Typically how it is, lol

Last edited by KidoftheEnder45 (Feb. 23, 2018 16:17:40)

RandomAppleSoda04
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

Locomule wrote:

RandomAppleSoda04 wrote:

Day 423
——-

True! Music is great like that.

also, I may or may not have finished it, which is good because i can follow your advice and make happier songs now.

scratch 2.0 used flash

KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

Tbh, minor keys invoke either sadness or fear, etc. It really depends on how they're used.

RandomAppleSoda04
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

Tbh, minor keys invoke either sadness or fear, etc. It really depends on how they're used.
They can also be rather peaceful if used right.

scratch 2.0 used flash

KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

It all depends on the usage.

Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

Where it gets freaky to me is on the science end of things. I know how sound works, I even studied electronics in the military where we learned all about frequency vibrations of energy and a lot of that pertains to sound waves as well. So I get how sound is created,how it travels to your ear, how we hear and interpret it, but WHY does a minor chord sound sad and a major chord sound happy? Is it because that is how our cultures have always used them and if so, does that mean if the earliest musicians had flipped them they'd sound opposite to us now?

I heard a band called Pop Evil doing a couple of songs that were obviously kind of metal sounding yet also, well, pop sounding. Almost too pop for me but the production work was really good so I got copies. Once I figured them out on guitar, I understood what they were doing. They were doing rock/metal with distortion, power chords, dropped tuning, etc but using chords arranged in a major pattern, lol. Hey, it worked and as a musician you are always looking for that little hook, that something extra to throw into the pot. Plus they drop back into a typical minor style chord arrangement for the choruses which reinforces the “rockness” of the songs.

Last edited by Locomule (Feb. 23, 2018 21:28:49)

shovelcat
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

Locomule wrote:

Nothing special, I might do something else with this later
For some odd reason that reminds me of part of Giratina's theme from pokemon platinum

It's rare for me to finish my stuff
Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

Stadium and Go are the only 2 I've played.