Discuss Scratch

game_pr0grammer
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

Update of Remake of Flower Garden from Yoshi's Island

it's basically just the same thing but the chords for the orange channel is set to “harmony” instead of “strum”, some of the notes on some patterns have been changed to more accurately reflect the original, and the bass sound has changed… again

i think the bass used in the song is actually an electric bass, but since there seems to be no option for electric bass in the presets, i had to make my own.

Ok so I guess it's a slap bass I thought it wasnt because the sounds from the original were more compressed

Last edited by game_pr0grammer (Nov. 28, 2019 02:34:50)


I NEED YOUR ATTENTION!! THIS IS URGENT!! Sorry for making such an eye-catching statement, but we need help raising attention to the unfair treatment of kumquats! Kumquats are always seen as fruits that eat signatures– this is wrong! I know, because I am a kumquat myself! Put a message relating to kumquat equality in your signature! Kumquats are being treated very unfairly! Because not all kumquats eat signatures; some are just plain inanimate! Below is a link to my studio supporting this equality movement.


game_pr0grammer
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

does anyone know what each pitch is supposed to represent for the “standard drumset” preset?

I NEED YOUR ATTENTION!! THIS IS URGENT!! Sorry for making such an eye-catching statement, but we need help raising attention to the unfair treatment of kumquats! Kumquats are always seen as fruits that eat signatures– this is wrong! I know, because I am a kumquat myself! Put a message relating to kumquat equality in your signature! Kumquats are being treated very unfairly! Because not all kumquats eat signatures; some are just plain inanimate! Below is a link to my studio supporting this equality movement.


SudisCain
Scratcher
58 posts

beepbox.co

Work in progresso

Credits: Destination 1

Last edited by SudisCain (Nov. 28, 2019 10:27:42)

NickVBen
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

None of you guys remember the good old days when you could only have 4 channels. Of course, I much prefer the way beepbox is now, especially with the addition of 3.0. However, I've also noticed that a lot of people here are taking advantage of the MIDI import feature and claiming things as their own that aren't. For those of you that want to prove that you really put the work into a cover, there's a nifty little site called Beepbox Competition. Beepbox Competition is essentially the same as Beepbox, but importing from files is disallowed.


I've been recently working with less channels to create deceivingly simple songs. Here are a few of the ones i'm working on:
Song 1
Song 2
Song 3

game_pr0grammer wrote:

does anyone know what each pitch is supposed to represent for the “standard drumset” preset?
I believe that in ascending order from the bottom, it goes: Bass drum, low tom, mid tom, high tom, snare, clap, ride cymbal, crash cymbal, open hi-hat, closed hi-hat/stick hit, maraca or shaker/brushes(?), and some small cymbal that i can't identify

Last edited by NickVBen (Nov. 29, 2019 02:16:43)



空白


SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

NickVBen wrote:

However, I've also noticed that a lot of people here are taking advantage of the MIDI import feature and claiming things as their own that aren't.
Who?

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
30003500
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
NickVBen
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

SuperDoom wrote:

NickVBen wrote:

However, I've also noticed that a lot of people here are taking advantage of the MIDI import feature and claiming things as their own that aren't.
Who?
naming names isn't my job here


空白


GrayWolf0805
Scratcher
40 posts

beepbox.co

NickVBen wrote:

None of you guys remember the good old days when you could only have 4 channels. Of course, I much prefer the way beepbox is now, especially with the addition of 3.0. However, I've also noticed that a lot of people here are taking advantage of the MIDI import feature and claiming things as their own that aren't. For those of you that want to prove that you really put the work into a cover, there's a nifty little site called Beepbox Competition. Beepbox Competition is essentially the same as Beepbox, but importing from files is disallowed.


I've been recently working with less channels to create deceivingly simple songs. Here are a few of the ones i'm working on:
Song 1
Song 2
Song 3

game_pr0grammer wrote:

does anyone know what each pitch is supposed to represent for the “standard drumset” preset?
I believe that in ascending order from the bottom, it goes: Bass drum, low tom, mid tom, high tom, snare, clap, ride cymbal, crash cymbal, open hi-hat, closed hi-hat/stick hit, maraca or shaker/brushes(?), and some small cymbal that i can't identify
whats the MIDI?
vlpiscanc
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

auprivave
Scratcher
23 posts

beepbox.co

NickVBen wrote:

I've also noticed that a lot of people here are taking advantage of the MIDI import feature and claiming things as their own that aren't.
That's a shame. It's really deceptive, and stealing work just turns people into noobs since they don't get experience.

NickVBen wrote:

I've been recently working with less channels to create deceivingly simple songs. Here are a few of the ones i'm working on:
Song 1
Song 2
Song 3
Awesome idea and songs.
SudisCain
Scratcher
58 posts

beepbox.co

NickVBen wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

NickVBen wrote:

However, I've also noticed that a lot of people here are taking advantage of the MIDI import feature and claiming things as their own that aren't.
Who?
naming names isn't my job here


How about showing examples?
Angrybirds2019
Scratcher
70 posts

beepbox.co

If someone recreates the Roary the Racing Car theme, then I'll give them a double choc cookie.

IMMA RACE CAR BEEP BEEP! https://i.imgflip.com/3cm57c.gif
SudisCain
Scratcher
58 posts

beepbox.co

Finally finished my Credits: Destination 1. The skills I've learned this year is all in this one beepbox. (Also my last instalment of the destination 1)
So here it is:
CREDITS: Destination 1
auprivave
Scratcher
23 posts

beepbox.co

SudisCain wrote:

Finally finished my Credits: Destination 1. The skills I've learned this year is all in this one beepbox. (Also my last instalment of the destination 1)
So here it is:
CREDITS: Destination 1
That's an amazing song.
By the way, how do you learn? Do you take an online course?
GrayWolf0805
Scratcher
40 posts

beepbox.co

SudisCain wrote:

Finally finished my Credits: Destination 1. The skills I've learned this year is all in this one beepbox. (Also my last instalment of the destination 1)
So here it is:
CREDITS: Destination 1
wow thats amazing i was blown away
martinat388
Scratcher
10 posts

beepbox.co

hey guys! I'm working on a remix of divine terror, the rebooted version of dusttrust sans phase 5. it won't be 100% accurate, but when it's done I hope you enjoy!
SudisCain
Scratcher
58 posts

beepbox.co

Finally finished my Credits: Destination 1. The skills I've learned this year is all in this one beepbox. (Also my last instalment of the destination 1)
So here it is:
CREDITS: Destination 1

auprivave wrote:

SudisCain wrote:

Finally finished my Credits: Destination 1. The skills I've learned this year is all in this one beepbox. (Also my last instalment of the destination 1)
So here it is:
CREDITS: Destination 1
That's an amazing song.
By the way, how do you learn? Do you take an online course?

I just looked at good beepboxes and wrote down some notes (Mental ones). The biggest turning point for me was when I did a Megalovania cover. I learned so much from it. Soon after that, I did another remix of a beepbox which helped me learn about chords and harmony. Most of my works are inspired by Deltarune, Shovel knight and Undertale. When I run out of inspiration I usually just reverse my music, you never know you could find a really nice tune.

While I looking back at my older works, I was simply surprised how much I've improved since May 2019. Here is one of my first works: The lobby

In other words, I learned from making remixes and looking at other people's works. It took some time but that didn't matter because I was enjoying it.

Last edited by SudisCain (Dec. 1, 2019 04:34:26)

auprivave
Scratcher
23 posts

beepbox.co

SudisCain wrote:

I just looked at good beepboxes and wrote down some notes (Mental ones). The biggest turning point for me was when I did a Megalovania cover. I learned so much from it. Soon after that, I did another remix of a beepbox which helped me learn about chords and harmony. Most of my works are inspired by Deltarune, Shovel knight and Undertale. When I run out of inspiration I usually just reverse my music, you never know you could find a really nice tune.

While I looking back at my older works, I was simply surprised how much I've improved since May 2019. Here is one of my first works: The lobby

In other words, I learned from making remixes and looking at other people's works. It took some time but that didn't matter because I was enjoying it.

What would you say are some of the most important things you learned from good beepboxes?
SudisCain
Scratcher
58 posts

beepbox.co


What would you say are some of the most important things you learned from good beepboxes?

The most important things I've learned from good beepboxes are the Basslines, the Chords (or harmony), the timing (when to build up and when to slow down) and the balance (The balance of notes, you should have low notes, high notes, and middle notes. It's best to keep things balanced. Yes, you don't have to follow this formula to make good music but it's something to look out for. This is helpful when making a counter melody.)

A common mistake most people do is the lack of volume management. People forget that they can lower down the volume of some channels. You mostly want the melody to be the loudest (notice the word MOSTLY), the harmony to be the second loudest, the bassline is to be either second or third and the drums are a bit of mix. Just use judgment to tell if something is too loud or too soft. A bad example of Volume management is when everything sounds like a mess. A good example of Volume management is when you can listen to most of the notes with ease. You can use the panning if you have two instruments that are in the same pitch and same volume…

Another thing to look out for is the complexity of the music. Too much moving parts is a bit of a pain to listen to (you can use judgment to tell that…). If you want to make a beepbox that has lots of moving parts in it, you should make it flow like water. Take the Shovel knight OST, for example, you can hear most of the notes without trying too hard. This is when you have good volume management and good balance. It's also best to use different instruments for each channel.

I'm not sure if this is helpful but I'm pretty sure somebody can explain “How to make good music” better. I still think I'm still pretty meh when it comes to music-making. I just want to branch out to different styles of music.

I sure hope this helps you.

Last edited by SudisCain (Dec. 1, 2019 06:11:04)

martinat388
Scratcher
10 posts

beepbox.co

https://beepbox.co/#8n63sbk0l00e0wt1Um0a7g0_j1_i0r1o321222000T1v1L4ueaq3d6f9y1z8C0c0A8F8B8V8Q126bPda58E008gT1v1L4uecq1d7fay0z1C3c0AcF8B7VaQ0001PffffE0000T5v1L4u50q1d5f8y1z6C1c0h0H-JJAArrqiih999T1v1L4u31q1d5f9y1z7C1c0AbF6B2ViQ069eP7b72E0006T3v1L4uf4q1d5f8y2z7C0S009ajurqOiO9900T1v0L4u3bq1d5f7y1z7C0c2AcF8B4V6Q047cPa744E0000T2v1L4u15q0d1f8y0z1C2w0T4v1L4uf0q1z6666ji8k8k3jSBKSJJAArriiiiii07JCABrzrrrrrrr00YrkqHrsrrrrjr005zrAqzrjzrrqr1jRjrqGGrrzsrsA099ijrABJJJIAzrrtirqrqjqixzsrAjrqjiqaqqysttAJqjikikrizrHtBJJAzArzrIsRCITKSS099ijrAJS____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-5E5E5E5E5E5jnU6ibgbgbgbgbgbw795E5E5E5E5E5OIAmwmwmwmwmwlfvz54LjhX1bMN7c41n45IyhOs3lbWXokzC22HxHleLni008YCg8Vvpt24sMglsdr8OczjlbU2KAzIwb8ukG8X-4UbaBZ5l97n8kSTRidl5000000000000000000002CUDVjn_bU93yqrQvCCz-EEE8QRf568kkk4uhg000000000000000000002Cz-woczEHwE8zwo8zwye5wsRSgIx8i4whQkRmmllSpe3wOeAzIAU8zJe3PdkhSO4yhRl7dw00000000000000000001jbHkh2b9Aswb82FEZ7dFGBabxryeUmMndPGqIFhsbshT2S2VKtjlakn2T4tMJwKrDkRs-G7AaWWU2COgA91dBX98Y9V2C6FGFxWqGkSLA70arbpaSWC4GAGsHDni5Yz8QRRROteRAX9eiFjnZnrLcQYQ00000000000000000000FE_EaCCCCCCCCCCCCCA000000000000000000001bQQu79QAs3p8MYDkhOapte2OFvhlihRO5dJZkzlhg000000000000000000001f5RcLQjwWqcAzE8W2ewzjnweohSAs0hw00000000000000000000kQpQ7jjjjjjjjjjjjjjFFfbM000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 can someon finish it for me?

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile