Discuss Scratch

MasterMatior123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

ATTENTION: I have heard you all. I know that Scratch is for kids, FNAF is scary, etc. As such, I have figured out a solution to my problem, and will no longer be replying to any of you (except if you're the Scratch Team). Thanks for helping :)

If you haven't heard already, the Scratch Team has put a “ban” on FNAF projects. What that means is that we can't make any FNAF projects with jumpscares/backstory/etc.

The reason I am making this post is to ask the Scratch Team to reconsider this ban, and let us make FNAF projects again.

We made FNAF projects to show our dedication to the game with the world, but with this new ban, we no longer have that ability on Scratch. I believe that we should be able to make FNAF projects again, to continue our support for the games and their creator.

On the other hand, the Scratch Team has said that Scratch is a site for all ages, and all Scratchers should be able to see all projects. I agree on the fact that Scratch should be for all ages. However, we cannot blame ONLY the FNAF project makers for having young children see the FNAF projects. That is just creating a larger problem in the end.

In conclusion, the Scratch team should reconsider their decision on FNAF, and let us make FNAF projects again. If any Scratch Team member is reading this, please try to have us be able to make FNAF projects.

You'd be making me and thousands of other Scratchers happy.

Thank you for your time, and thanks for reading this post.

NOTE: If this post happens to be in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it.

Last edited by MasterMatior123 (Nov. 19, 2015 20:33:48)


NEW PROJECTS EVERY WEEK!
when green flag clicked
say [I love all my fans :)]
Eat, code, sleep, repeat.
Unfortunately, the rest of my signature has been blown up by Creepers.
Scratcher1002
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

… It's only banned if you include the backstory, games LIKE FNaF are fine.
MasterMatior123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

Scratcher1002 wrote:

… It's only banned if you include the backstory, games LIKE FNaF are fine.
It can also be censored if it has jumpscares.

NEW PROJECTS EVERY WEEK!
when green flag clicked
say [I love all my fans :)]
Eat, code, sleep, repeat.
Unfortunately, the rest of my signature has been blown up by Creepers.
Chibi-Matoran
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

Actually:

Paddle2See wrote:

We're not going to ban all FNAF projects out of hand because we think it is possible to make a project about it without going against the Community Guidelines. We will, of course, continue to moderate the site and hope that if you find *any* projects that you think are inappropriate for Scratch, you will click on the report button and let the moderators know.
FNAF is not banned (It is a rejected suggestion), but any project which is too scary, whether it is FNAF or not, will be removed.

If you see this signature while scrolling, you have been visited by ʎ++ haskal. Lazy evaluation, monads, function purity, lambdas, currying, partial application, algebraic data types, pattern matching, and typeclasses will come to you, but only if you comment, “Thanks, ʎ++ haskal” on my profile.

Cassian && ||
MasterMatior123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

Actually:

Paddle2See wrote:

We're not going to ban all FNAF projects out of hand because we think it is possible to make a project about it without going against the Community Guidelines. We will, of course, continue to moderate the site and hope that if you find *any* projects that you think are inappropriate for Scratch, you will click on the report button and let the moderators know.
FNAF is not banned (It is a rejected suggestion), but any project which is too scary, whether it is FNAF or not, will be removed.
speakvisually has recently said that any FNAF games with jumpscares/backstory will be censored.

NEW PROJECTS EVERY WEEK!
when green flag clicked
say [I love all my fans :)]
Eat, code, sleep, repeat.
Unfortunately, the rest of my signature has been blown up by Creepers.
Scratcher1002
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

MasterMatior123 wrote:

Scratcher1002 wrote:

… It's only banned if you include the backstory, games LIKE FNaF are fine.
It can also be censored if it has jumpscares.
If it's taken straight from FNaF 4.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

MasterMatior123 wrote:

speakvisually has recently said that any FNAF games with jumpscares/backstory will be censored.
Jumpscares have to be pretty mild, and the backstory is not allowed at all. Plus, some projects don't have either. (I know it's a joke)

I AM SELLING CRAM | smug hat kid dance | fetch | Sans Gaming
also I'm probably playing Pokémon Shield if you're reading this so expect forum activity to be down a bit
IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

It's not banned.
Jumpscares and excessive backstory are, however.

MasterMatior123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

CatsUnited wrote:

MasterMatior123 wrote:

speakvisually has recently said that any FNAF games with jumpscares/backstory will be censored.
Jumpscares have to be pretty mild, and the backstory is not allowed at all. Plus, some projects don't have either. (I know it's a joke)
That explains why my One Night At Scratch Cat's series hasn't been taken down yet. The jumpscares in them aren't even that scary, and there's no backstory at all. You just gave me a good idea!

NEW PROJECTS EVERY WEEK!
when green flag clicked
say [I love all my fans :)]
Eat, code, sleep, repeat.
Unfortunately, the rest of my signature has been blown up by Creepers.
IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

MasterMatior123 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

MasterMatior123 wrote:

speakvisually has recently said that any FNAF games with jumpscares/backstory will be censored.
Jumpscares have to be pretty mild, and the backstory is not allowed at all. Plus, some projects don't have either. (I know it's a joke)
That explains why my One Night At Scratch Cat's series hasn't been taken down yet. The jumpscares in them aren't even that scary, and there's no backstory at all. You just gave me a good idea!
Thanks for listening!

Cream_E_Cookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/168506/
Read this everyonewho doesn't check the annoucements.
IT actually is kinda banned.
Anyway, no support, it is scary for younger kids, and younger ones will get scared to.
Some school districts have BLOCKED scratch because of it.

















ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

So you're suggesting we allow projects that feature gory backstories and jumps cares that could scare young children? Yeah, no.

Besides, it's ok to make FNAF related projects, just don't make them too scary. Use your common sense.
Chibi-Matoran
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

Cream_E_Cookie wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/168506/
Read this everyonewho doesn't check the annoucements.
IT actually is kinda banned.
Anyway, no support, it is scary for younger kids, and younger ones will get scared to.
Some school districts have BLOCKED scratch because of it.
O.o

Well, the topic pretty much says the same thing as Paddle2See's quote in the rejected suggestions sticky: FNAF is allowed, but projects which are too scary will be unshared.

If you see this signature while scrolling, you have been visited by ʎ++ haskal. Lazy evaluation, monads, function purity, lambdas, currying, partial application, algebraic data types, pattern matching, and typeclasses will come to you, but only if you comment, “Thanks, ʎ++ haskal” on my profile.

Cassian && ||
Cream_E_Cookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

MasterMatior123 wrote:

You'd be making me and thousands of other Scratchers happy.
And thousands of screatchers sad

















MasterMatior123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

ChocolatePi wrote:

So you're suggesting we allow projects that feature gory backstories and jumps cares that could scare young children? Yeah, no.

Besides, it's ok to make FNAF related projects, just don't make them too scary. Use your common sense.
Whoops, forgot to mention the backstory part, sorry about that.

I agree with speakvisually on that, the backstory of FNAF is inappropriate for little kids.

As for the jumpscares, some young children LIKE jumpscares. Not all people are the same, you know.

NEW PROJECTS EVERY WEEK!
when green flag clicked
say [I love all my fans :)]
Eat, code, sleep, repeat.
Unfortunately, the rest of my signature has been blown up by Creepers.
MasterMatior123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

Cream_E_Cookie wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/168506/
Read this everyonewho doesn't check the annoucements.
IT actually is kinda banned.
Anyway, no support, it is scary for younger kids, and younger ones will get scared to.
Some school districts have BLOCKED scratch because of it.
O.o

Well, the topic pretty much says the same thing as Paddle2See's quote in the rejected suggestions sticky: FNAF is allowed, but projects which are too scary will be unshared.
OK, you can make FNAF projects, but they can't be scary. Got it. Thanks

NEW PROJECTS EVERY WEEK!
when green flag clicked
say [I love all my fans :)]
Eat, code, sleep, repeat.
Unfortunately, the rest of my signature has been blown up by Creepers.
MasterMatior123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

Cream_E_Cookie wrote:

MasterMatior123 wrote:

You'd be making me and thousands of other Scratchers happy.
And thousands of screatchers sad
“Thousands of Scratchers” was just an estimate. I'm not sure EXACTLY how many Scratchers would be happy if the changes were made.

NEW PROJECTS EVERY WEEK!
when green flag clicked
say [I love all my fans :)]
Eat, code, sleep, repeat.
Unfortunately, the rest of my signature has been blown up by Creepers.
Chibi-Matoran
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

MasterMatior123 wrote:

Cream_E_Cookie wrote:

MasterMatior123 wrote:

You'd be making me and thousands of other Scratchers happy.
And thousands of screatchers sad
“Thousands of Scratchers” was just an estimate. I'm not sure EXACTLY how many Scratchers would be happy if the changes were made.
Cream_E_Cookie's point is that allowing FNAF (if it was banned in the first place; it's not) would also make many Scratchers sad, to argue your point that doing so would make many Scratchers happy. The exact number doesn't matter.

If you see this signature while scrolling, you have been visited by ʎ++ haskal. Lazy evaluation, monads, function purity, lambdas, currying, partial application, algebraic data types, pattern matching, and typeclasses will come to you, but only if you comment, “Thanks, ʎ++ haskal” on my profile.

Cassian && ||
Econinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

No support.
1) These type of projects are allowed.
2)

speakvisually wrote:

What’s the impact of this content on Scratch? Multiple school districts have blocked access to Scratch. Several parents have reported their children having nightmares. A number of community members feel uncomfortable browsing Scratch because of this type of content.
Basically, the ST are listening to adults which
a) blocked Scratch since it allowed FNAF
b) Parents contacted the ST because their kids using Scratch had nightmares.
If that's not enough, let me repeat that again:
nightmares
c) Some people are in fact uncomfortable with browsing FNAF content
3) The ST must also consider kids which even have nightmares. Here's a quote from the CGs:
Scratch welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Everybody. Even FNAF haters/people have nightmares about it must be welcome here.

“Honestly, is he serious?” ~ Stoffel Vandoorne
“GP2 Engine, GP2, AAARGH!” ~ Fernando Alonso
“I've tried already, try yourself” ~ Fernando Alonso
“Now we can fight!” ~ Fernando Alonso
Proud McLaren Renault Fan rip alonso

please note: I've essentially left the website to do other stuff full time. please do not message me about anything on my Scratch profile or bother me about Scratch elsewhere, I will probably not respond.
Cream_E_Cookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please Bring Back FNAF

Econinja wrote:

No support.
1) These type of projects are allowed.
2)

speakvisually wrote:

What’s the impact of this content on Scratch? Multiple school districts have blocked access to Scratch. Several parents have reported their children having nightmares. A number of community members feel uncomfortable browsing Scratch because of this type of content.
Basically, the ST are listening to adults which
a) blocked Scratch since it allowed FNAF
b) Parents contacted the ST because their kids using Scratch had nightmares.
If that's not enough, let me repeat that again:
nightmares
c) Some people are in fact uncomfortable with browsing FNAF content
3) The ST must also consider kids which even have nightmares. Here's a quote from the CGs:
Scratch welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Everybody. Even FNAF haters/people have nightmares about it must be welcome here.
Exactly what i was going to say better.

















Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile