Discuss Scratch

PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

WooHooBoy wrote:

True, true.
OBS is great and works well, tho
I've added it as well as a few other video-related things.

Base 10 is the best number system.
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

What if we made a site which asked a few questions and then spat out the best free software for you? Choose your own adventure meets free software.

Base 10 is the best number system.
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

PullJosh wrote:

WooHooBoy wrote:

True, true.
OBS is great and works well, tho
I've added it as well as a few other video-related things.
Speaking of screencasting, I recommend Kazam (only for Linux) as well.

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
meowflash
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Best Free Things

How about Sonic Pi?

More Stuff|My Bandcamp
My DeviantArt|Intro Voting For December 2015 August 10th 2016
My dank userscript|Check out my Github, too!

Kumquats, this signature is inedible and poisonus.
Also try the code below in IBNIZ.
sxsaxAr+waxBr-*
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

meowflash wrote:

How about Sonic Pi?
That looks like a pretty cool program which I might look into using, but again, it's a very niche thing, so it won't be included in the list.

Base 10 is the best number system.
meowflash
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Best Free Things

PullJosh wrote:

meowflash wrote:

How about Sonic Pi?
That looks like a pretty cool program which I might look into using, but again, it's a very niche thing, so it won't be included in the list.
What do you mean it's niche? You can program music using it!

More Stuff|My Bandcamp
My DeviantArt|Intro Voting For December 2015 August 10th 2016
My dank userscript|Check out my Github, too!

Kumquats, this signature is inedible and poisonus.
Also try the code below in IBNIZ.
sxsaxAr+waxBr-*
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

meowflash wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

meowflash wrote:

How about Sonic Pi?
That looks like a pretty cool program which I might look into using, but again, it's a very niche thing, so it won't be included in the list.
What do you mean it's niche? You can program music using it!
How often do people ask “I wonder if there's a free program that I can use to write code that will make music?”
How often do people ask “I wonder if there's a free program to record my screen?”

Base 10 is the best number system.
meowflash
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Best Free Things

PullJosh wrote:

meowflash wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

meowflash wrote:

How about Sonic Pi?
That looks like a pretty cool program which I might look into using, but again, it's a very niche thing, so it won't be included in the list.
What do you mean it's niche? You can program music using it!
How often do people ask “I wonder if there's a free program that I can use to write code that will make music?”
How often do people ask “I wonder if there's a free program to record my screen?”
Maybe I should make my own music programming language…

More Stuff|My Bandcamp
My DeviantArt|Intro Voting For December 2015 August 10th 2016
My dank userscript|Check out my Github, too!

Kumquats, this signature is inedible and poisonus.
Also try the code below in IBNIZ.
sxsaxAr+waxBr-*
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

iamunknown2 wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

Add vim and emacs to code editing.

Also, please add qTox, uTox and all the other Tox clients in a new section called “communications”.
PR please
How does public relations have to do with this?

Tox is a new protocol for chat. However, unlike Skype, its main goal is to be secure. There are a lot of clients for Tox, e.g qTox. Tox also allows for file sending, voice chat and video chat other than instant messaging.
PR = Pull Request, dude :p
IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

ROBLOX
cubeupload

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

Gitter
Slack
CircleCI
Heroku

idk what's been added

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

IronBit_Studios wrote:

ROBLOX
cubeupload
Cubeupload is already there.

Base 10 is the best number system.
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Best Free Things

Smuxi is cool. It's an IRC client. So communication.

Also, I'm too lazy to PR so yay.

I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
__init__
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

  • GIMP is not vector
  • Cubeupload has ads
  • Add firefox
  • Atom is super resource heavy; add that pls
  • Add Office Online for editing documents
  • Speaking of documents you left out the c in documents
  • Add git for scm
  • PICPICK IS BEST SCREENSHOTTER K
  • OBS isn't that difficult to use
  • Explorer.exe and Finder have built in compression
  • And how is this different from awesome lists?
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

__init__ wrote:

  • GIMP is not vector
  • Cubeupload has ads
  • Add firefox
  • Atom is super resource heavy; add that pls
  • Add Office Online for editing documents
  • Speaking of documents you left out the c in documents
  • Add git for scm
  • PICPICK IS BEST SCREENSHOTTER K
  • OBS isn't that difficult to use
  • Explorer.exe and Finder have built in compression
  • And how is this different from awesome lists?
1) K
2) I forgot because adblock
2.5) Not doing browsers*
3) Okay
4) This is a list of the best things, remember?
5) Oops
6) wut
7) My opinion is always the correct one
8) This list is for normal people not computer geniuses
9) I got like 4 requests for 7zip so I decided to add it
10) It's worse. :3
I had no idea that existed.
Also it has different stuff.

* 2.5 because I messed something up so I had to add it in between 2 and 3 and I'm lazy

Base 10 is the best number system.
Zatnik
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Best Free Things

__init__ wrote:

  • GIMP is not vector
Well, it does have vector paths (which you can export as SVG, even), but they're very limited (unless later versions of GIMP have better vector editing; I use 2.6, so I don't know for sure ).

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Check out my image editor! You can save, load, and export images, as well as use various tools.
__init__
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

but office online is 1000000x better than g00gldox
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

Well can Windows Explorer do rar, bzip, gzip, 7z, lzma, etc? hint: no
7zip is 100% necessary

Last edited by MegaApuTurkUltra (Nov. 14, 2015 21:14:57)


cute cute cute cute cute

rip in pizza ATs
__init__
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Well can Windows Explorer do rar, bzip, gzip, 7z, lzma, etc? hint: no
7zip is 100% necessary
lol but I like plain zips cause they're native and you don't have to download special tools to extract them (especially when you're on a school computer and can't download anything)
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Best Free Things

__init__ wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Well can Windows Explorer do rar, bzip, gzip, 7z, lzma, etc? hint: no
7zip is 100% necessary
lol but I like plain zips cause they're native and you don't have to download special tools to extract them (especially when you're on a school computer and can't download anything)
But what if you want super fast speeds (gz) or super good compression (rar or 7z)

Last edited by MegaApuTurkUltra (Nov. 14, 2015 21:24:21)


cute cute cute cute cute

rip in pizza ATs

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile