Discuss Scratch

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Administration/Training|

Flint-L wrote:

Alright, I'll combine both of you points:

Revision:
Tropical Waves is having trouble because chatting causes us to miss orders.
AND: Tropical Waves is having trouble because there is not enough fun. The DoF may help this cause.

More comments, please!
Yes, the whole point of the DoF was to keep activity up while keeping chatting down.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Flint-L wrote:

Revision:
AND: Tropical Waves is having trouble because there is not enough fun. The DoF may help this cause.

More comments, please!
Yes, the whole point of the DoF was to keep activity up while keeping chatting down.
Yes, right. We should just have Ty choose.

Last edited by dolphin_24 (Dec. 5, 2015 15:26:46)

Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Flint-L wrote:

Revision:

More comments, please!
So the two points tie into each other?

Revision:
AND The DoF would help us with the chatting problem, keeping everyone active, which would in turn help us get orders.

You know the drill. Suggestions? Additions?
edit: spelling.

Last edited by Flint-L (Dec. 5, 2015 15:29:22)

Secretary and Manager of Tropical Waves.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flint-L wrote:

Flint-L wrote:

Revision:

More comments, please!
So the two point tie into each other?

Revision:
AND The DoF would help us with the chatting problem, keeping everyone active, which would in turn help us get orders.

to elect the DoF we should be divided into groups of three, each making their own decision, than they would reveal their vote and majority wins, or we could do the same thing with STV. The DoF should be like a second manager helping hire/fire members but also creating fun challenges and contests to keep activity up while keeping chatting down, I nominate myself for DoF.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flint-L wrote:

Flint-L wrote:

Revision:

More comments, please!

Revision:

to elect the DoF we should be divided into groups of three, each making their own decision, than they would reveal their vote and majority wins, or we could do the same thing with STV. The DoF should be like a second manager helping hire/fire members but also creating fun challenges and contests to keep activity up while keeping chatting down, I nominate myself for DoF.
I'm going to nominate Tyler.

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dolphin_24 wrote:

Flint-L wrote:

Flint-L wrote:

Revision:

More comments, please!

Revision:

I'm going to nominate Tyler.
He's already in charge.

Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

-snip-
You're getting ahead of yourself, I think. I am not in any way a leader here, so you nomination/election suggestions would be better put to Ty (possibly on his profile) or one of the other leaders, e.g. Hockey.

What I am trying to do is find common ground for us to become successful in this shop. However, positions of office in this shop aren't up to me.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates

Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Also, from my weak position of Manager, I forbid voting on this forum in interest of our success.

-Socrates

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flint-L wrote:

Also, from my weak position of Manager, I forbid voting on this forum in interest of our success.

You have the support of the VC.
Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Flint-L wrote:

You have the support of the VC.
Thank you!

Everyone - I have put a bunch of orders on the main thread. Please take (and complete) them, as you are so able.

-Socrates

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

For the cutting people prob, I propose a suggestion: sub-members, they aren't full members and they have to pay a monthly fee: 1 fave, but they can't be cut.

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We should also have a voting thread. Now don't you think that someone with great Ideas like these should be DoF?

Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

For the cutting people prob, I propose a suggestion: sub-members, they aren't full members and they have to pay a monthly fee: 1 fave, but they can't be cut.
Once again, you are ahead of yourself. You need to propose this directly to Tyman and/or Hockey.

In my humble opinion, “payment” is a bad idea, but please do not debate it here.

-Socrates

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

@All

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

This is an All-Call of Death. Do not respond within five days and you will immediately be cut without warning. Those who respond within two days are at minimal risk for being cut. Those who do not respond within two days will be reviewed for possible ejection from TW, but could survive.

This is urgent. Please respond immediately if you do not wish to be cut. Thank you and have a great day.

Remember!

rollercoasterfan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

@All

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

This is an All-Call of Death. Do not respond within five days and you will immediately be cut without warning. Those who respond within two days are at minimal risk for being cut. Those who do not respond within two days will be reviewed for possible ejection from TW, but could survive.

This is urgent. Please respond immediately if you do not wish to be cut. Thank you and have a great day.

Remember!
I'm here Hockey.

when [chromometer altimeter v] = [5th length v] and [7th length v] with a [gap v] of (17) ::events hat
forge [chromometer v] altimeter until < (speed) = (velocity)> ::control cstart
switch places with (759 v) altimeters with value of (speed) ::looks
control [altimeter 1 v] at time (10):(17):(58) ::control
end
initialize sequence (24) so [object 3 v] moves to x (156) y (231) ::control
reveal [final answer v] and stop running this script ::events cap
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

@All

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

Remember!
Responding for the third time. Oh! and by the way:

We should also have a voting thread. Now don't you think that someone with great Ideas like these should be DoF?

To elect the DoF we should be divided into groups of three, each making their own decision, than they would reveal their vote and majority wins, or we could do the same thing with STV. The DoF should be like a second manager helping hire/fire members but also creating fun challenges and contests to keep activity up while keeping chatting down, I nominate myself for DoF.

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sub-members aren't needed. They overcomplicate things. We need to sort out the problems we have with our full members first. Remember, there's an All-Call of Death in effect!

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

Sub-members aren't needed. They overcomplicate things. We need to sort out the problems we have with our full members first. Remember, there's an All-Call of Death in effect!
-_- Please keep this in mind

dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

*yawns* All call of death. Remind me never to do that. So scary…..reminds me of that plane crash dream…..