Discuss Scratch

ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Make stickies a different color (orange)

I simply suggest that we make stickies a special color (orange) instead of the usual blue or grey. The reason I'm suggesting orange is because orange is a part of Scratch's color scheme and because it is a relatively loud color.

This won't stop all people ignoring the stickies, but hopefully it would make them stand out more in the sea of topics and attract a few clicks.
Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

I think making the actual topic title orange wouldn't really fit in! What about the little thumbtack thingy on the side?

Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

orange on white looks too irritating imo
READ THIS BEFORE SUGGESTING ANYTHING

As a long time Scratcher, I have found new meaning to the name “Scratch”: for me, it means to “scratch that itch”, to come back again and again to realize new ideas in this toy language, even when I'm capable of creating my projects in real programming languages years later. It's a friend that helped me to pursue programming and get me to enjoy its fruit. I'm certain many others who have walked this path as well have grown fond of its importance in their life.
IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. I don't see a valid reason not to yet.

Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

IronBit_Studios wrote:

Support. I don't see a valid reason not to yet.
“It doesn't look great” is invalid? A bright orange would clash with the colors already in place! But I still support making the stickies more noticeable in some way.

ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Iditaroid wrote:

I think making the actual topic title orange wouldn't really fit in! What about the little thumbtack thingy on the side?

Zro716 wrote:

I see what you're talking about. Perhaps I change it to what Iditaroid suggested, but I think that would be too subtle. Maybe a lighter/darker shade of blue?
Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

ChocolatePi wrote:

Perhaps I change it to what Iditaroid suggested, but I think that would be too subtle.
The icon is small, but I still think it would be noticeable. It would stick out and draw your eyes, but not be too obtrusive.

Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hm…although I guess that would still have the orange-on-white problem

Last edited by Iditaroid (Oct. 19, 2015 18:09:58)

DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zro716 wrote:

^^
No support for orange.

U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hey wait wasn't there a suggestion somewhere to make stickies more noticable too? lemme find it…

I think this is it: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/39648/?page=1

though I do remember myself suggesting a “divider” of some sort to separate stickies from topics

As a long time Scratcher, I have found new meaning to the name “Scratch”: for me, it means to “scratch that itch”, to come back again and again to realize new ideas in this toy language, even when I'm capable of creating my projects in real programming languages years later. It's a friend that helped me to pursue programming and get me to enjoy its fruit. I'm certain many others who have walked this path as well have grown fond of its importance in their life.
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zro716 wrote:

hey wait wasn't there a suggestion somewhere to make stickies more noticable too? lemme find it…

I think this is it: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/39648/?page=1

though I do remember myself suggesting a “divider” of some sort to separate stickies from topics
I seem to remember you also suggesting a “forum walkthrough” if it's your first time on the forums. Have you tried to dig that one up as well?
Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChocolatePi wrote:

I seem to remember you also suggesting a “forum walkthrough” if it's your first time on the forums. Have you tried to dig that one up as well?
aha found it https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/78718/

whoops I meant the other one, I can't find the walkthrough one

Last edited by Zro716 (Oct. 19, 2015 19:06:56)

Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zro716 wrote:

There. No support.

But yes, orange onto of white makes it impossible to see the sticky because I have a TV as my computer screen.

I believe it's 1900 X 1080 px wide of a resolution.

So, no support. I won't be able to see the text and it'll be too hard on my eyes.

Pet peeve: Lag. Just, lag. Lag, lag, LAG SPIKE-
There is a need for perfection, even if it's unusual: www.vetpetmon.com
A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;
gdpr533f604550b2f20900645890
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How about adding an orange exclamation point next to the topic? That way the page wouldn't be too flashy, but users' attentions would still be drawn to the sticky.

Last edited by gdpr533f604550b2f20900645890 (Oct. 19, 2015 20:00:18)

stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support.

It was suggested before, but I can't find that topic and it just turned into arguing about the colour anyway.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support.

dragonbite
Scratcher
97 posts

I don't see why not to. Support.

If you make them any color though, we might want to use something easy to see on white. Maybe purple?

Pray for Paris
Any misspells in the above post are the fault of my brain, who constantly refuses to spell things the way it's stinkin' s'posed to be.
yay u foundedededededed teh secwet text! :3
Want to know the secret of my kumquat-free siggy? TOO BAD FOR YOU!!! FWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!
Make your own turtle and name it! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/90719657/#player
tiger75
Scratcher
100+ posts

What about making the stickies highlighted in light orange?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein
Cream_E_Cookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dragonbite wrote:

I don't see why not to. Support.

If you make them any color though, we might want to use something easy to see on white. Maybe purple?

ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zro716 wrote:

ChocolatePi wrote:

aha found it https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/78718/

whoops I meant the other one, I can't find the walkthrough one
Found it! https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/946724/