Discuss Scratch

babu1237
Scratcher
1 post

EV3 Scratch Extension now available

FriezKing wrote:

codeandcircuit wrote:

We've created a working EV3 Scratch Implementation. It's linked over on the ScratchX site and is being used in our classroom to control EV3. The kids absolutely love it. It is so much easier for them than using the LEGO apps.

I'd love to get some feedback on it if people have time to try it out.

Here: http://scratchx.org/#extensions

-Ken
Heyo! It says I need to get some extension in the Tips menu, but 1. Where in the world is the Tips menu? 2. What extension???
extension/plugin: https://scratch.mit.edu/info/ext_download/
I don't see a tips menu either.
camel82106
New to Scratch
1 post

Hi,
I have tried to use EV3 extension. But without success.

I have installed scratchx device plugin. EV3 is paired on bluetooth I have doublechecked it through uploading program with lego mindstorm ev3 home.

But in scratch I see just yellow icon which states that I'm disconnected. Trying to play a note doesn't work. I have tried to perform same in internet explorer 11, firefox and chrome. (Windows 10) Everywhere just yellow icon.

Any clue please?

Thanks
Peter

Last edited by camel82106 (Jan. 14, 2018 19:30:59)

Sadralhotmar
New to Scratch
1 post

Hello.
I want to use scratch instead of Lego apps to control EV3 in my classroom.
But, just like camel82106, I just see a yellow icon that says EV3 is disconnected.
I'm out of ideas, can anyone help please ?

Thanks.
rfbush
Scratcher
1 post

Sadralhotmar and camel82106 - I just finished a unit with my class using old 2009 Macbook Pro's. Safari was the only browser that would work on a Mac. I haven't tried a PC. I had success following these directions from the Scratchx EV3 documentation to a T and setting up each EV3 with it's own dedicated computer.

:-)
strangeoctopus
Scratcher
4 posts

camel82106 wrote:

Hi,
I have tried to use EV3 extension. But without success.

I have installed scratchx device plugin. EV3 is paired on bluetooth I have doublechecked it through uploading program with lego mindstorm ev3 home.

But in scratch I see just yellow icon which states that I'm disconnected. Trying to play a note doesn't work. I have tried to perform same in internet explorer 11, firefox and chrome. (Windows 10) Everywhere just yellow icon.

Any clue please?

Thanks
Peter
I have the same problem, followed all the instructions. I got it working at first, with the little scratch cat icon saying “Scratch Controlled,” but now I can't seem to get it working again. Same problem as the quoted text. I use Windows 8.1.

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.