Discuss Scratch

DragonHearts
Scratcher
100+ posts

Surround Sound and More Sound Blocks

I am thinking of making a Horror game once I get my computer back (because the old one broke and Im using my phone to talk on Scratch) and I remembered that importing sounds into a Scratch Project, it isnt surround sound. Maybe you could add surround sound?

Also, i have ideas for new sound blocks. I dont know if some are already there though because I havent been making projects in a while.

Change Surround Sound left [] times::sound

Change Surround Sound right [] times::sound

Play sound [example v] [surround v] [loop once v]::sound//I also noticed that they also dont loop when I imported a looping .mp3
Play sound [example v] [surround v] [loop forever v]::sound
Play sound [example v] [surround v] [don't loop v]::sound

Set [all sounds v] to [loudness v] []::sound
Set [example v] to [pitch v] []::sound//positive raises pitch, negative lowers pitch
Set [this sprite's sounds v] to [speed v] []::sound//positive speeds it up, negative slow its down
Set [all other sprites' sounds v] to [echo v] []::sound//positive increases the echo duration after the sound,negative increases the echo duration before the sound

Stop [this sprite's/all other sprites v] sounds::sound
Stop [All sprites' v] sounds::sound
Stop sound [example v]::sound

Stop all sprites with [Variable] [Variable Quantity]::sound
Set all sprites with [Variable] [Variable Quantity] [loudness/pitch/ect. v] []::sound
Play sound [example v] with all sprites with [Variable] [Variable Quantity]::sound

Stop sound [example v] [not looping v]::sound//doesnt affect ones looping forever, it just restarts them
Stop sound [example v] [looping v]::sound//stops the ones looping and looping forever
Stop sound [example v] [loop once v]::sound//sends the sound to the last loop. If its already on the last loop it stops the sound
Stop sound [example v] [all v]::sound//stops the sound regardless of the loop
Please add these in because I think it would make Scratch a LOT better.

Last edited by DragonHearts (Oct. 9, 2015 04:20:10)

˙umop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇıɹʍ ɯ,I
DragonHearts
Scratcher
100+ posts

I bet a LOT of people would want this to happen

˙umop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇıɹʍ ɯ,I
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No Support, do you really need this? Scratch isn't meant to be professional. Plus, Surrond Sound would require using stereo sound and a lot of other sound-based items. Scratch uses mono sound, and it's extremely hard to force it to play any stereo-based music.

bottom text
DragonHearts
Scratcher
100+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

No Support, do you really need this? Scratch isn't meant to be professional. Plus, Surrond Sound would require using stereo sound and a lot of other sound-based items. Scratch uses mono sound, and it's extremely hard to force it to play any stereo-based music.
Oh, ok. Just seems like Scratch would be better with surround sound though. (I mostly wanted Surround sound in my Horror game because I wanted to let people know that there's something in that corner or behind something and stuff)

Last edited by DragonHearts (Oct. 9, 2015 05:02:08)

˙umop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇıɹʍ ɯ,I
Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The pitch blocks are a duplicate of this
All of the others are too complicated, so no support, Scratch is meant to be EASY, not hard.

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
vwantos
Scratcher
30 posts

try going to scratchx beta and look arround
iTweak0r
Scratcher
100+ posts

Surround sound? I've never seen a laptop with a 5.1 speaker system, and only some people have home theaters, and just WHY? No support.

But, if you actually mean stereo sound then support.

Specs 1 (main): Safari on MacBook Pro; Late 2008; Core 2 Duo @2.4GHz; 8GB 1067MHz DDR3 RAM; Mac OS X 10.10;

Specs 2: Firefox on Lenovo Yoga 13; Core i7 @2.0GHz; 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM;
tri-boots Windows 10 Pro, Mac OS X 10.10, and Ubuntu 14.01 LTS;

All have the latest version of Flash.
IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Leadrien2366
Scratcher
100+ posts

IronBit_Studios wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

120 second rules, STOP IT.
ChildCritic
Scratcher
500+ posts

IronBit_Studios wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iTweak0r wrote:

Surround sound? I've never seen a laptop with a 5.1 speaker system, and only some people have home theaters, and just WHY? No support.

But, if you actually mean stereo sound then support.

Placeholder
Penguin_999
Scratcher
41 posts

would be cool for headphones

define ()()[]()()
forever
wait (when green flag clicked) secs
if < then
set <<Penguin_999> and <set video transparency to (end) %>> effect to (show variable [])
replace item (pen down) of (if on edge, bounce) with <stop all sounds>
end
end
MeIzAwezomeDede
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please don't necropost

Nothing to see here
GoChipStudios
Scratcher
14 posts

Hey, if anybody is still needing some spatial sound stuff, I created a spatial sound engine. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/953813251/

Remember, with great power comes great re-scratch-ability.

when I receive [Wash Dishes v]
repeat Until <(mom count) = (0)>
Play video games
end