Discuss Scratch

Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

roforb wrote:

if you guys put the userblock in games a measge will popup for all the paeple users can't games with the #userblock
Userblock?
What?!

The username block wont work… you cant even know if he used Turbo Mode or not, or whatever, unless they comment it.

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
s_federici
Scratcher
500+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

infinitytec wrote:

The website is down.
Here is a download, but I don't think it's current.

It seems to work quite well. Except that it raises errors when you try to open/save a project.
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

s_federici wrote:

infinitytec wrote:

The website is down.
Here is a download, but I don't think it's current.

It seems to work quite well. Except that it raises errors when you try to open/save a project.
Specially with certain blocks, that weirdly turn into others.

Last edited by Penguin5664 (April 22, 2017 18:19:14)


((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Penguin5664 wrote:

s_federici wrote:

infinitytec wrote:

The website is down.
Here is a download, but I don't think it's current.

It seems to work quite well. Except that it raises errors when you try to open/save a project.
Specially with certain blocks, that weirdly turn into others.
Can you guys please tell me which blocks, so that I can fix them? Thank you!

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Penguin5664 wrote:

s_federici wrote:

infinitytec wrote:

The website is down.
Here is a download, but I don't think it's current.

It seems to work quite well. Except that it raises errors when you try to open/save a project.
Specially with certain blocks, that weirdly turn into others.
Can you guys please tell me which blocks, so that I can fix them? Thank you!
Well, I have a block that has bugs.

Its the:

custom block!! ::custom

The custom blocks have a disasterous bug.

When you edit the custom blocks, you have to unjoint the entire script from the custom block to avoid it from getting the script jointed on it removed.
Trust me, I lost a script 3 times after I edited my custom blocks. Please fix that ;A;

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Penguin5664 wrote:

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Penguin5664 wrote:

s_federici wrote:

infinitytec wrote:

The website is down.
Here is a download, but I don't think it's current.

It seems to work quite well. Except that it raises errors when you try to open/save a project.
Specially with certain blocks, that weirdly turn into others.
Can you guys please tell me which blocks, so that I can fix them? Thank you!
Well, I have a block that has bugs.

Its the:

custom block!! ::custom

The custom blocks have a disasterous bug.

When you edit the custom blocks, you have to unjoint the entire script from the custom block to avoid it from getting the script jointed on it removed.
Trust me, I lost a script 3 times after I edited my custom blocks. Please fix that ;A;
I thought I fixed that at one point… I'll have to fix that. Thanks for letting me know!

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Penguin5664 wrote:

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Penguin5664 wrote:

s_federici wrote:

infinitytec wrote:

The website is down.
Here is a download, but I don't think it's current.

It seems to work quite well. Except that it raises errors when you try to open/save a project.
Specially with certain blocks, that weirdly turn into others.
Can you guys please tell me which blocks, so that I can fix them? Thank you!
Well, I have a block that has bugs.

Its the:

custom block!! ::custom

The custom blocks have a disasterous bug.

When you edit the custom blocks, you have to unjoint the entire script from the custom block to avoid it from getting the script jointed on it removed.
Trust me, I lost a script 3 times after I edited my custom blocks. Please fix that ;A;
I thought I fixed that at one point… I'll have to fix that. Thanks for letting me know!
Maybe the problem is that I maybe have a older version of Whiskers- or if I have the latest, then how it would happen?

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
D3rpforever
New to Scratch
1 post

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

How do i download whiskers?
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Quote from "D3rpforever".

How do I download whiskers?
1.- You must have the Scratch 1.4 program.
2.- Enter to this link.
3.- Copy all the Scratch 1.4 program files to the Bleeding-Edge(Whiskers) folder, but disallow file replacing.
4.- You're done! Now just run Whiskers. I hope this helped.

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Just a quick update on development:
  • Scrapping lots of things from original Whiskers. Going to try to make it work on ANY device with a web browser, or squeak, and that means getting it to draw quickly with SqueakJS or with an actual VM.
  • Scratch Blocks with css and javascript (From https://fiddle.jshell.net/zdfscywv/24/), and rendering that to a canvas
  • Rewriting the Whiskers interpreter to be a bit more primitive and work with javascript if the plugin is supported
  • Re-doing lots of the core code, in order to make the small performance improvements that will really make Whiskers useable
  • And overall, making it lots more stable

ETA: ~2 months.

Also, this might finally have SVG support, and since I can render an SVG element to the canvas fairly quickly, and cache it for performance as costumes. But that would require completely moving to SqueakJS, and no VM support (so you would have to locally host a server, which is not a problem if you have python installed). And I might add proper 2.0 file format support, since I will have JSON available through javascript, but I'm not too sure of how hard it is to create zip file in JS. Also, I might get WAV file support working, if I can finish my research on playing sounds with javascript (might run into some issues with safari, but I can probably work around it somehow).

Lastly, I'm going to see about contacting Gwiddle again, because it looks like my issue was closed. I really would like my domain back.

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Quote by "NoMod-Programming".

Also, this might finally have SVG support, and since I can render an SVG element to the canvas fairly quickly, and cache it for performance as costumes. But that would require completely moving to SqueakJS, and no VM support (so you would have to locally host a server, which is not a problem if you have python installed). And I might add proper 2.0 file format support, since I will have JSON available through javascript, but I'm not too sure of how hard it is to create zip file in JS. Also, I might get WAV file support working, if I can finish my research on playing sounds with javascript (might run into some issues with safari, but I can probably work around it somehow).
HOW?! JUST HOW?! SVG support?! This should be a REALLY, REALLY REALLY GOOD IMPLEMENTATION!

And please fix those custom blocks lel

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Penguin5664 wrote:

Quote by "NoMod-Programming".

Also, this might finally have SVG support, and since I can render an SVG element to the canvas fairly quickly, and cache it for performance as costumes. But that would require completely moving to SqueakJS, and no VM support (so you would have to locally host a server, which is not a problem if you have python installed). And I might add proper 2.0 file format support, since I will have JSON available through javascript, but I'm not too sure of how hard it is to create zip file in JS. Also, I might get WAV file support working, if I can finish my research on playing sounds with javascript (might run into some issues with safari, but I can probably work around it somehow).
HOW?! JUST HOW?! SVG support?! This should be a REALLY, REALLY REALLY GOOD IMPLEMENTATION!

And please fix those custom blocks lel
Yup. Fixing custom blocks too. And SVG support is made by drawing the <svg> element to a canvas, but this only works in javascript. On the VM, I might need to find a way to render them quickly and draw them to the screen

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Quote by "NoMod-Programming".

Yup. Fixing custom blocks too. And SVG support is made by drawing the <svg> element to a canvas, but this only works in JavaScript. On the VM, I might need to find a way to render them quickly and draw them to the screen.
Like, ummm… How many time could this take? Could it take like some days or whatever? Sorry for this question by the way… '|:­D

(Dont tell me how I did the :­D smiley show like this bcoz' I used Alt+0173 in the : and D so it shows a “fake smiley”)

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Penguin5664 wrote:

Quote by "NoMod-Programming".

Yup. Fixing custom blocks too. And SVG support is made by drawing the <svg> element to a canvas, but this only works in JavaScript. On the VM, I might need to find a way to render them quickly and draw them to the screen.
Like, ummm… How many time could this take? Could it take like some days or whatever? Sorry for this question by the way… '|:­D

(Dont tell me how I did the :­D smiley show like this bcoz' I used Alt+0173 in the : and D so it shows a “fake smiley”)
It should take me ~2 weeks to implement a basic SVG experience. Another week to test it out and implement loading and saving, and then another few to get blocks correctly rendered using SVGs, without them being drawn over. Then it should take me a few days to fix custom blocks, and then the last few weeks to implement JSON with the Javascript bridge (much faster load times for sb2 projects), fix a SqueakJS bug with saving and loading projects (Is it just me?), and then add sound support for WAV files.

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Penguin5664 wrote:

Quote by "NoMod-Programming".

Yup. Fixing custom blocks too. And SVG support is made by drawing the <svg> element to a canvas, but this only works in JavaScript. On the VM, I might need to find a way to render them quickly and draw them to the screen.
Like, ummm… How many time could this take? Could it take like some days or whatever? Sorry for this question by the way… '|:­D

(Dont tell me how I did the :­D smiley show like this bcoz' I used Alt+0173 in the : and D so it shows a “fake smiley”)
It should take me ~2 weeks to implement a basic SVG experience. Another week to test it out and implement loading and saving, and then another few to get blocks correctly rendered using SVGs, without them being drawn over. Then it should take me a few days to fix custom blocks, and then the last few weeks to implement JSON with the Javascript bridge (much faster load times for sb2 projects), fix a SqueakJS bug with saving and loading projects (Is it just me?), and then add sound support for WAV files.
Okay, thanks anyways!

Last edited by Penguin5664 (April 29, 2017 23:36:08)


((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Drawing blocks using SVGs: (Ones on the top-right)


Thanks to @ascom (Andrew Sun) for the jsfiddle code (adapted to a Whiskers plugin for SqueakJS)

Last edited by NoMod-Programming (April 30, 2017 21:17:27)


Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
timrowledge
Scratcher
14 posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

NoMod-Programming wrote:

[
TL;DR: Hard drive failed and got punished; school blocked squeak, and I forgot about scratch. Looking into squeakjs for portable squeak, and going to fix the suspended site too.

For your own sanity get a squeaksource.com account (free, obviously) and learn to use Monticello to save your package(s) there. The NuScratch & Pi GPIO packages are there already. Seriously, you'll thank yourself the next time your drive dies or you delete everything by accident etc.

I'm sure you already understand that Squeak is about as portable as it gets and that SqueakJS is *extremely* slow by comparison. Getting a fast Scratch experience that way is not going to be easy, and very much so on a Pi. Strictly speaking SqueakJS does run in Chrome on a Pi3 but ‘amble’ is a more appropriate word than ‘run’. Now the good news is that there are ways (project ‘SnowGlobe’ etc) to start a system on SqJS and move it pretty much transparently to a ‘real’ VM. That might be a route worth looking into someday.
timrowledge
Scratcher
14 posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

NoMod-Programming wrote:

[ the last few weeks to implement JSON with the Javascript bridge (much faster load times for sb2 projects)
There is a JSon package for Squeak at www.squeaksource.com/JSON.html that works pretty well for me.
There is an old but potentially useful SVG package at http://map.squeak.org/sm/packagebyname/svgmorph
Penguin5664
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Quote by "NoMod-Programming".

Drawing blocks using SVGs: (Ones on the top-right)


Thanks to @ascom (Andrew Sun) for the jsfiddle code (adapted to a Whiskers plugin for SqueakJS)
AMAZING!!

((づ。◕‿‿◕。::sensing)づ::sensing) // This is "Mini-Bloky". He protects my signature from the kumquats!
How many Block Requests we can get? Please request! Check @78ch3's Everything Shop, too!
when gf clicked :: #B46200
vector :: #C56B00
scratch :: #DA8B00
blocks! :: control
infinitytec
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whiskers: Scratch 2.0 for Incompatible Devices

Alright, I think I found the latest copy of Whiskers I have.
Clicky!
Enjoy!


Not here much, but sometimes I lurk.
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything, and everyone.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile