Discuss Scratch

smartzx
Scratcher
100+ posts

Power block

savaka wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

by this logic, we can remove “move (10) steps”

why not just use
go to x: ((x position) + ([cos v] of ((direction)*(amt)))) y ((x position) + ([sin v] of ((direction)*(amt))))
i mean jeez so simple
It's not simple. Scratch is supposed to be easy to use. Not everyone knows trigonometry.

xlk wrote:

and while we are at it, the “wait” block is also unnecessary, as you can use the timer for it.
BTW, I remember reading somewhere that scratch's blocks are faster than a series of blocks doing the same, so (()^()) would be technically speaking faster than doing logarithms. I mean, is it that hard to add scratchteam?
You could, but that would make less sense, and it's supposed to be easy to use.

PkmnQ wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

by this logic, we can remove “move (10) steps”

why not just use
go to x: ((x position) + ([cos v] of ((direction)*(amt)))) y ((x position) + ([sin v] of ((direction)*(amt))))
i mean jeez so simple
how is that simple?
you should've used
change x by ()
as the easy workaround block.
still, your point is good.
They were being sarcastic

Does anyone know where I can find an ACTIVE Big Brother AUDITION studio? Pweeez tell me. (I'm also find with the Amazing Race, but not Survivor)
CodeBit
Scratcher
70 posts

Power block

walkcycle wrote:

CodeBit wrote:

Scratch's left side of the screen has a negative x coordinate. Can anybody solve this?
the abs operator makes a negative value positive

try

set [base v] to ([abs v] of (x position))

Help With Scripts for more problems (this is the suggestions forum)

But would that make it follow the curve? Thanks anyway, I'll try it later!

EDIT: Yep, it worked! Thanks!

Last edited by CodeBit (Dec. 20, 2017 02:01:10)


- CodeBit
thesuperscratchcat14
New to Scratch
5 posts

Power block

Fun facts: 10^3 = 10 * 10 * 10 = 1,000
Exponentiation is a mathematical operation, written as bn, involving two numbers, the base b and the exponent n. When n is a positive integer, exponentiation corresponds to repeated multiplication of the base: that is, bn is the product of multiplying n bases:

The exponent is usually shown as a superscript to the right of the base. In that case, b to the power of n is called “b raised to the nth power”, “b raised to the power of n”, or “the n-th power of b”.

When n is a positive integer and b is not zero, b−n is naturally defined as
1/ b to the power of n, preserving the property b to the power of n × b to the power of m = b to the power of n + m. With exponent −1, b to the power of -1 is equal to 1/b, and is the reciprocal of b. (BTW I got this from Wikipedia)

Last edited by thesuperscratchcat14 (Feb. 11, 2018 12:00:38)


When working on Bloxxer Programming Language:: events hat
create new blocks:: motion
HappyMohid
Scratcher
6 posts

Power block

<() ^ () = ()>

so hard


if <(1) ^ (1) = (10)> 

when <(1) ^(1) = (10)> 
ScratchDiogoh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Power block

HappyMohid wrote:

<() ^ () = ()>

so hard


if <(1) ^ (1) = (10)> 

when <(1) ^(1) = (10)> 
What is hard, too? also make a new topic

+1700 Bad Posts

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile