Discuss Scratch

-Cherri-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Mentoring Program- Training Thread!

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Cherri, your percentage is 92%. Extra Credit will get you a 94%.
I've done an extra credit, the fixing mistakes thingeh.

Hiii! :3

I'm the one and only cherbear who loves helping newbies!
Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

Could you re-word the assignment? I'm confused. Thanks!

Explain.
Create a project or post that explains my teachings… so just re-word your lessons? Or are we supposed to just narrow it down to what is essential? I wasn't sure because you didn't really use links… Thanks!

~Fail spectacularly~
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Cherri- wrote:

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Cherri, your percentage is 92%. Extra Credit will get you a 94%.
I've done an extra credit, the fixing mistakes thingeh.

I'll add that. you have a 94% then.

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

Create a project or post that explains my teachings… so just re-word your lessons? Or are we supposed to just narrow it down to what is essential? I wasn't sure because you didn't really use links… Thanks!

Just explain my lessons. Ex: Explain to me the Forums. Act like I'm a New Scratcher, and you are teaching me. And make sure to use links.
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Updated S.M.P.G. No new grades yet, but EC added, and rainbow_waves was started to be added.
scratchinghead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nickname- I don't know, just call me scratchinghead. xD
Job- Mentor
If Mentor, greatest talent- Math (especially sine and cosine stuffs)

Last edited by kaj (Today 18:04:22)
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchinghead wrote:

Nickname- I don't know, just call me scratchinghead. xD
Job- Mentor
If Mentor, greatest talent- Math (especially sine and cosine stuffs)

We won't be teaching Math, but I'm glad to have another student.

I'll Bump up the first assignment later, and I have some Students who need to complete the 2nd Assignment!
-Cherri-
Scratcher
100+ posts

When's the third comin out?

ItchyCatIII
Scratcher
500+ posts

I was told I was accepted on my profile…

Anyway:

Username: ItchyCatIII
Job: Mentor (I applied for “mentor, or if we have enough mentors, but need more finders, I'm happy with either”, so I believe I'm mentor since I haven't seen anything in the thread on the matter).
What are you best at?: Coding

Don't you just hate when people advertise in their signatures (and raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip ones. That's just not okay).

#BringItBack
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ItchyCatIII wrote:

I was told I was accepted on my profile…

Anyway:

Username: ItchyCatIII
Job: Mentor (I applied for “mentor, or if we have enough mentors, but need more finders, I'm happy with either”, so I believe I'm mentor since I haven't seen anything in the thread on the matter).
What are you best at?: Coding

Lot's of Mentors!

All the people who don't see themselves on the FP, tell me!

-Cherri- wrote:

When's the third comin out?

Eh, sooner or later. (Oh, because not everybody, including you, is finished with the 2nd!)

Last edited by CrazyGoldfish3 (Oct. 14, 2015 23:45:02)

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Third Assignment:

A new Scratcher has asked you to help them with a game that they have created! Its called

The Amazing Adventures of the Emperor CATFISH!

It includes 2D Graphics where a fish is wandering through the ocean looking for secret seeweed…

He say's that he has this base idea but he can't think of anything else to add to his project and plot. How do you help him?

Last edited by makethebrainhappy (Oct. 15, 2015 00:27:13)

chacharosie8888
Scratcher
1000+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Third Assignment:

A new Scratcher has asked you to help them with a game that they have created! Its called

It includes 2D Graphics where a fish is wandering through the ocean looking for secret seeweed…

He say's that he has this base idea but he can't think of anything else to add to his project and plot. How do you help him?
I'm sorry XD but *seaweed
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

chacharosie8888 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Third Assignment:

I'm sorry XD but *seaweed

XD. That was intentional. XD
chacharosie8888
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nickname- Chacharosie
Job- Mentor
Greatest talent- Community Contribution
-Cherri-
Scratcher
100+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Third Assignment:

I would tell the New Scratcher to look at projects that he enjoys, and build ideas from it, “get inspiration”, is how I would word it. However, I would make sure to include that he/she should not copy the idea outright. With a few tweaks and additions of their own, they can make the idea into something more interesting. If I see he/she is having trouble with something particular, I will give he/she links to a few tutorials that could help.

-Cherri-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Reported!

chacharosie8888
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It says fix the mistakes in lesson 1. What lesson 1? What mistakes? Is this a trick question?
Edit:YAaaaaaaaY 200th post in this topic! Ok back on topic XD

Last edited by chacharosie8888 (Oct. 15, 2015 00:25:30)

ItchyCatIII
Scratcher
500+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Third Assignment:

I would give this response to the user

Hi there!

I recommend adding some more details about what happening. For example, how does he (the fish) become/meet the Emperor Catfish. If he becomes the emperor Catfish, what does he do as the empire? If he is just meeting the empire, what happens at the meeting? What does the empire do?

Those are a few of my ideas, that maybe you could answer in your project. Anyway, for more ideas, I recommend seeing the project ideas forum at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/9/ . There, you can request ideas, or give ideas. To post there, simply press the “New topic” button, type your subject, type your message (be sure to be specific about what you're looking for: What kind of project, what ideas do you have, and what kinds do you want?) and press post! Soon enough, some Scratchers should give you some ideas!
. I guess that would be WAY over the character limit, but I'd try for something along the lines of that.

Don't you just hate when people advertise in their signatures (and raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip ones. That's just not okay).

#BringItBack
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Cherri- wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Third Assignment:

I would tell the New Scratcher to look at projects that he enjoys, and build ideas from it, “get inspiration”, is how I would word it. However, I would make sure to include that he/she should not copy the idea outright. With a few tweaks and additions of their own, they can make the idea into something more interesting. If I see he/she is having trouble with something particular, I will give he/she links to a few tutorials that could help.

You need to help him and provide ideas, not just point him to get inspiration, , although a good strategy, this is not the focus of this exercise.
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

chacharosie8888 wrote:

It says fix the mistakes in lesson 1. What lesson 1? What mistakes? Is this a trick question?

Lesson One is on the second post of this forum . I just posted all the lessons there for convenience. Read through the huge thing .

Lesson Two is also out. We can have

Lessons, Exercises, and Extra Credit opportunities !
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ItchyCatIII wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Third Assignment:

I would give this response to the user

Hi there!

I recommend adding some more details about what happening. For example, how does he (the fish) become/meet the Emperor Catfish. If he becomes the emperor Catfish, what does he do as the empire? If he is just meeting the empire, what happens at the meeting? What does the empire do?

Those are a few of my ideas, that maybe you could answer in your project. Anyway, for more ideas, I recommend seeing the project ideas forum at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/9/ . There, you can request ideas, or give ideas. To post there, simply press the “New topic” button, type your subject, type your message (be sure to be specific about what you're looking for: What kind of project, what ideas do you have, and what kinds do you want?) and press post! Soon enough, some Scratchers should give you some ideas!
. I guess that would be WAY over the character limit, but I'd try for something along the lines of that.

You can use multiple comments to answer someone's question . I'm not putting a limit for this exercise.

The New Scratcher replies “How do I make the actual game better though… What should happen when the Emperor touches the seeweed.?”