Discuss Scratch

natalie
Scratch Team
100+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

goldfish678 wrote:

werdna1 wrote:

Can't we update by opening the offline editor and downloading the update automatically from there?
Yep.

Actually, not for this version, please see my messages on page 1.
koilmasta
Scratcher
20 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

made a test project and made “happy birthday” using the sound blocks. used the effect blocks, and the sound got a bit messed up. the block effects were ghost and pixelate if thats important.

As y'all know, I'm dead. -HoboGen
when green flag clicked
forever

say [So long, living people... are you gonna eat that cookie?]
end
natalie
Scratch Team
100+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

koilmasta wrote:

made a test project and made “happy birthday” using the sound blocks. used the effect blocks, and the sound got a bit messed up. the block effects were ghost and pixelate if thats important.

Yes, that's the latest Flash bug that slows down any project with graphic effects that are in a loop: Some projects laggy due to pesky change in Adobe Flashplayer/ . Scratch Team programmers are working on a solution that hopefully will be available in two weeks.
firestorm185
Scratcher
17 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

also, it won't import .bmp's properly. Not sure if someone has posted this bug yet, just noticed it myself….

thanks for the update though! It'll start to work better over time, I know. thx again! :3
natalie
Scratch Team
100+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

firestorm185 wrote:

also, it won't import .bmp's properly. Not sure if someone has posted this bug yet, just noticed it myself….

thanks for the update though! It'll start to work better over time, I know. thx again! :3

Apparently this is a known issue in the online version of 2.0 too. It's on the list of issues to be fixed.

Last edited by natalie (Aug. 30, 2013 01:20:15)

bunny365
Scratcher
3 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

Thank you Scratch team! I like how you made an automatic installer on the website without having to download anything! I do have two suggestions:
  • Can you add a download button to the website?
  • Can you make the offline editor have a button that opens the website (Like an <iframe> on websites) so I don't have to wait for my internet browser to load just to check what's happening?
I think that if you add the 2nd one, it should remove the Create button from the top (You would already have the offline editor open). I do have one request though, it has nothing to do about Scratch but mainly about my profile. Can you change my country to United States? I set it to Canada because I was on a Nintendo 3DS when I signed up and it only supports 200 items in a drop-down box, and since US was way at the bottom of the choices at the time, I made it Canada because they technically speak English and they are next to the US.

Last edited by bunny365 (Aug. 30, 2013 01:59:42)

grokblah
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

bunny365 wrote:

Can you add a download button to the website?
We will add a download button when the offline version is more stable and no longer in beta.

bunny365 wrote:

Can you make the offline editor have a button that opens the website (Like an <iframe> on websites) so I don't have to wait for my internet browser to load just to check what's happening?
That's an interesting idea!

Thanks for your feedback bunny365!

Shane
bunny365
Scratcher
3 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

grokblah wrote:

bunny365 wrote:

Can you add a download button to the website?
We will add a download button when the offline version is more stable and no longer in beta.

bunny365 wrote:

Can you make the offline editor have a button that opens the website (Like an <iframe> on websites) so I don't have to wait for my internet browser to load just to check what's happening?
That's an interesting idea!

Thanks for your feedback bunny365!

Shane
Your welcome. And can you change my country on my profile to United States? I set it to Canada due to limitations on my device's internet browser when I registered.
grokblah
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

bunny365 wrote:

Your welcome. And can you change my country on my profile to United States? I set it to Canada due to limitations on my device's internet browser when I registered.
Done!
tpaley
Scratcher
100+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

I have a glitch that isn't really a glitch but is annoying.

Can you make it so that the tips bar does not appear when you full-screen?

If it matters, Windows 7… I don't know what other specs.

natalie
Scratch Team
100+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

tpaley wrote:

I have a glitch that isn't really a glitch but is annoying.

Can you make it so that the tips bar does not appear when you full-screen?

If it matters, Windows 7… I don't know what other specs.

Yeah, well, at least it closes now in version 367. Do you have that version now?

I agree about getting rid of the bar and it's on the bug request list, though it probably won't happen for awhile, as there are a lot of other things to fix that get in the way. Thanks for mentioning though that you notice it.
icecool44
Scratcher
36 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

Hi
If you have any question about the french translation feel free to send me an email ( I can call you overseas cause it's free at charge for me ) at
i.scool@mac.com
or
skyeyes44@gmail.com
or
You can call me in France
06 66 66 44 90

Bonjour

Voilà le lien pour télécharger la version de Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor 28,9 Mo
Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor

Bonjour

Voilà le lien pour télécharger la version de Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor 28,9 Mo
Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor

Ainsi que les fichiers associés :
Projets
Pour bien commencer : quelques pages ont été ajoutées
Pour bien commencer
Cartes Scratch en anglais mais peu modifié
Cartes Scratch

Merci de me signaler vos difficultés en envoyant un courriel à
i.scool@mac.com
ou
skyeyes44@gmail.com
ou
de m'appeler pour la France au
06 66 66 44 90

Ainsi votre question ou votre suggestion sera traitée plus rapidement.
Allez Scratch !!

Scratch On!
gaberilde
Scratcher
62 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

natalie wrote:

Hi all! Just a reminder to delete your previous 2.0 offline editor, if you have one from earlier this week! This has a new name and many bug fixes, so you need to delete the previous 2.0 beta if you already installed it.

You can keep 1.4 installed, no problem!

edit:check my new comment for a better way

Last edited by gaberilde (Aug. 30, 2013 09:47:04)


open (gaberildes profile) 
Run above block

open (gaberildes website) 
Run above block





SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

If I download Scratch.air and run it, it seems to be a reasonable straight forward type of install - does it have switches so it can be installed silently?

Then we'd have a deployable package for schools

Simon
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

SimpleScratch wrote:

If I download Scratch.air and run it, it seems to be a reasonable straight forward type of install - does it have switches so it can be installed silently?

Then we'd have a deployable package for schools

Simon
This might help you.


My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
gaberilde
Scratcher
62 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

natalie wrote:

Hi all! Just a reminder to delete your previous 2.0 offline editor, if you have one from earlier this week! This has a new name and many bug fixes, so you need to delete the previous 2.0 beta if you already installed it.

You can keep 1.4 installed, no problem!

you can update 2.0 from the editor it deletes the old scratch link and puts the new link there
all you gotta do is then delete the old scratch 2.0 offline editor form C:\program files

open (gaberildes profile) 
Run above block

open (gaberildes website) 
Run above block





boaz4
Scratcher
12 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

This is great!

But…
What happened to the feature in Scratch 1.4 where you could click a boolean or reporter block and it will “say” the answer??

I wish that feature would be back…. both in the online and offline editor. They really helped! Now every time I need to take a variable and use the set variable to block instead….
goodkitkat99
Scratcher
15 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

Hi,
I found a bug (i think) when you try to clear a circle with the pen tool, it leaves behind a sort of ‘outline’ around it, this isn't good as I use guide lines to draw with. I use a mac if that's any help as well.
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]


Is that supposed to happen?

Windows 8.1 preview.

Last edited by BigBlueBlock (Aug. 30, 2013 11:14:34)

Poke-Minecrafter
New to Scratch
3 posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

That also happens on my computer…
Windows 7 64-bit

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile