Discuss Scratch

Waenfach1
New to Scratch
1 post

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

7734f wrote:

supersam2903 wrote:

I made a project on an old version, updated Adobe AIR and updated Scratch. I got an error so i uninstalled and reinstalled it. I still got the error so there's:
A) No way (that I can find) to get Scratch 2.0 offline

B) For me to open that project

Windows 8.1
Intel core i3

Yes, this happened to me too, here is the message I saw:

“The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.”

I have Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5

I've tried installing it several times and get the same message. I've installed Adobe Air although it isn't listed in Programs but it comes up as there if I try to reinstall. Would be grateful for some advice
Thanks
7734f
Scratcher
500+ posts

Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available! [closed - beta period is over. Thanks for testing.]

scratchhacker3000 wrote:

SimpleScratch wrote:

You need to install Air on the computer you are using - can't make that bit portable (AFAIK)

You could copy the Scratch 2 files from one computer you've installed it on onto a portable drive (I've done this on a network drive so it should work on a protable drive) and run the Scratch file from there.

But since you can't get Adobe Air onto the drive - there wouldn't be much point

Simon
So you're saying it isn't possible to transport Scratch 2.0 to a computer with no internet?
No, not really.
If you had internet, then you could, but without the internet, no.

SmoshyFan
Scratcher
12 posts

It says I downloaded successfuly, but when I open Scratch 2.exe, It Says:
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. Yo may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
HELP
SmoshyFan
Scratcher
12 posts

I'm using Windows 7by teh way
czarnyjocker
New to Scratch
3 posts

hello!!!!!
Conorb06
Scratcher
44 posts

i have tried a few times but scratch 2.0 is not installing please help:
(join )

watergun
Scratcher
8 posts

I downloaded the offline editor and adobe air, then the next day my windows 7 computer said there was something wrong and it might delete a few programs to fix this and it seemed that it had deleted the offline editor and adobe air, do you know how to fix this. HELP!
stupiddog
New to Scratch
1 post

“The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.”

I have Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5

Why is this happening?

syringolide
New to Scratch
1 post

Developers PLEASE FIX this or provide a workable solution. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

The error in question is below:

This occurs during attempted instillation of both i) the automatic installer method, and ii) separately downloading AdobeAir and the Scratch installer file.

If one searches through the forums it can be seen that quite a few people have been having this problem. I'm also having this problem and none of the suggested fixes work (e.g., deleted old versions, work as admin, re-install AdobeAir etc.). I have tried everything I can, and this is the only installer I have failed to install on my PC in the last decade.
This is really very frustrating. I love Scratch but it can be a pain working through the browser and although Scratch 1.4 works, it's a tease to not be able to do the more advanced stuff that scan be done on the browser version and obviously what Scratch 2 is capable of.

I have Windows 8.1, Admin rights, and completely computer literate etc.
And why is this not just a simple installer download like Scratch 1.4? Why complicate things and deny people access to what is such a great education tool, which I have been using to teach my son programming.

(BTW, well done from creating Scratch! It's really excellent and I'm sure will influence many kids to gain an appreciation for programming and how App, games etc.. work)
CE44
New to Scratch
1 post

On the FAQ page on the Scratch website the link to the downloadable version of Scratch 2 is wrong. The link URL is
http://scratch.mit.edu/help/faq/%5Cscratch2download%5C

Surely it should be http://scratch.mit.edu/scratch2download/
KostaGrigoriev
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why I can't open my project, downloaded from site, in Scratch 2.0 Offline? MacOS Mavericks and Windows 7 Starter. Offline edition - 385.

kathict
Scratcher
1 post

I am using windows 7 and also get the same error message when trying to download scratch 2. Adobe air seems to install successfully, but won't install the scratch bit. Please help. I REALLY want to be able to use the offline version with my students!
Scratch-O-Matic2000
New to Scratch
1 post

Help please!
So I'm trying to download this 2.0 version but I always get an error message saying
The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
So yeah, anyone know what is happening or am i just being dumb and also how to fix it!?
Thanks,
Natalie x
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thanks to everyone who gave us feedback about the Beta! The beta period is now over. The Swf will use the best code path based on the system it's on.