Discuss Scratch

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

click to go to studio

ABOUT US

This is the Christian HQ of the Scratch community. We strive to spread the good news of the gospel and the teachings of Jesus.
Here Christians can come and commune with one another.

Mission 2016: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/89439846/

Motto: In concordia nos vivere. Translation: In harmony we live.

To join, the requirement is that you must be a Christian, regardless of denomination. All curators can participate but only administrators can access the main account @ChristianHQ.

Some philosophies for visitors
————————————————-

We believe that religion is OK on Scratch.
However, we also believe that NEGATIVE or UNJUSTIFIED assumption and accusation of Christians and people as a whole is not beneficial for the community.
We believe that members of a studio centered around Christianity should be Christian.
————————————————-
- Manager Promotion -

Promotion is based on studio activity.

NOTE: Please do not promote anybody without consulting other admins for permission, thank you!

3-Manager Rule: In order to promote a user, 3 managers have to vouch for promotion.

New Scratchers WILL NOT be able to become manager, as we need to make sure that it is not just a hack account like what happened to a Christian studio in the past.
————————————————-
- Administrators -


Owner:
@Blaze349.


Account:
@ChristianHQ

Managers:
@BB_Pro
@JJ240702
@scratch342
@AnimalStudier
@Superdoggy
@powerpoint56
@st19_galla
@Scratchifier
@wyattw27
@Mit_educhick
@ddlucas
@Tyman187
@botconboy
@iamunknown2
@scratcher7_13
@55fingers
@ANTMANTHEAWESOME
@dria1
@Jaguar774
@sarahmae14
@ChristianKid5
@booklover10
@jefferson8
@Evidence_or_Science
@Bravestar10224
@flyingblue / @sports-maniac
@Greatguy123
@cwrivera99
@Urdan
@Geoluna
@AntzoMC
@SorrelColonel
@KingSabilas
@foundationKM
@JBGT

Do Not Invite:
@Draughtsmaster
@Boerscratcher
@Draughtsmaster2

PS: Thanks to those that fixed the studio.
PPS: Those three are guilty of grieving the studio
——————————————–
FAQ
———————————————

Q: If there was God, why would he allow all sorts of evil even touch the world?
A: Simply, let me ask you this: If you were a hypothetical parent teaching your (hypothetical) son/daughter how to walk, would you ever get him to properly walk without letting him fall? Humans are the same.

Q: How about earthquakes and all sorts of stuff that is inevitable?
A: It's God's reminder that we have something better to do than to wage war on each other - we should also focus on anti-earthquake measures etc.

Q: Why doesn't God just remove free will from us to prevent mistakes?
A: God created us with free will to set us apart from his other creations. He wants us to be able to choose to love and follow him, rather that being forced to do it.

Q: How about religious extremism e.g Crusades? Would God want that?
A: Though Christians have made some terrible mistakes in the past, today we are not supportive of the Crusades or any other forms of Christian extremism, because they go against what Jesus taught in the gospels. For example, Jesus once stopped his disciple Peter from killing one of Jesus's captors, even though this person was going to lead Jesus to his painful death.

Q: Does God hate Jews, since they killed Jesus?
A: No, God loves everyone, no matter what they do. Not only that, but some of Jesus's dying words were, “Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do.” And without Jesus's crucifixion by the Jews, none of us could be saved.
———————————————-

LATEST NEWS:
Studio project:
Phase: Pre-initiation

Last edited by Blaze349 (Dec. 15, 2015 23:18:43)

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Can I join? I am a Presbyterian, but I have one question, do we have to believe exactly what you say in the FAQ?





Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

To join ask at the studio. No in fact if you feel a part of the FAQ is biased towards a particular denomination then you can request to address it.
alectricity
Scratcher
9 posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Can I manage?

forever

set [alectricity v] to [awesome ]
end
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

- Manager Promotion -

Promotion is based on studio activity.

Also why do you want to manage?
aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Blaze349 wrote:

To join ask at the studio. No in fact if you feel a part of the FAQ is biased towards a particular denomination then you can request to address it.
Ok, Thanks, and it really is a personal faith thing, so I'm fine with it being up there.





Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

ChristianHQ
New to Scratch
1 post

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Bump
DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Question- Do you have to be confirmed to join the studio?


Click the image to learn more!
KingSabilas
Scratcher
10 posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

No, you just have the love God and Jesus.

An imperfect girl in and imperfect world.

#LivingForGod
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

DownsGameClub wrote:

Question- Do you have to be confirmed to join the studio?
No
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Junk_Collector
Scratcher
100+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

I would like to join

When (4)>(5)::extension
say [Who made this happen?!] in [Klingon v] so that (0.5 v) % of population of [earth v] understand you::looks
buy (lots v) of [cool clothes, cat launchers, and old bananas v] from [the bottom of that guy's left shoe v]::pen
fly to [mars v] on a [butterfly v] at (3) miles per hour::motion
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Ok will add you
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Bump! We need to work on an about me project
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

Blaze349 wrote:

Q: If there was God, why would he allow all sorts of evil even touch the world?
A: Simply, let me ask you this: If you were a hypothetical parent teaching your (hypothetical) son/daughter how to walk, would you ever get him to properly walk without letting him fall? Humans are the same.
That doesn't make sense. Why would a benevolent, all-loving god even need to teach humans how to do anything? You are comparing a god to a human, needing to teach his creations how to do something. I don't see why god wouldn't just create the race perfect, without the capability to fail. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Can someone explain? (P.S. I am not saying this to be argumentative, I am having a sort of a faith crisis so I need help)

Last edited by ChocolatePi (Oct. 7, 2015 13:03:04)

iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

ChocolatePi wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

Q: If there was God, why would he allow all sorts of evil even touch the world?
A: Simply, let me ask you this: If you were a hypothetical parent teaching your (hypothetical) son/daughter how to walk, would you ever get him to properly walk without letting him fall? Humans are the same.
That doesn't make sense. Why would a benevolent, all-loving god even need to teach humans how to do anything? You are comparing a god to a human, needing to teach his creations how to do something. I don't see why god wouldn't just create the race perfect, without the capability to fail. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Can someone explain? (P.S. I am not saying this to be argumentative, I am having a sort of a faith crisis so I need help)
Having a perfect race would make us similar to robots. How can a thing be “perfect” without it being deterministic?

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

iamunknown2 wrote:

ChocolatePi wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

Q: If there was God, why would he allow all sorts of evil even touch the world?
A: Simply, let me ask you this: If you were a hypothetical parent teaching your (hypothetical) son/daughter how to walk, would you ever get him to properly walk without letting him fall? Humans are the same.
That doesn't make sense. Why would a benevolent, all-loving god even need to teach humans how to do anything? You are comparing a god to a human, needing to teach his creations how to do something. I don't see why god wouldn't just create the race perfect, without the capability to fail. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Can someone explain? (P.S. I am not saying this to be argumentative, I am having a sort of a faith crisis so I need help)
Having a perfect race would make us similar to robots. How can a thing be “perfect” without it being deterministic?
What I mean by “perfect” is without problems, without evil.

If god was so benevolent and omnipotent, that means he could do anything, regardless of logic. He would've made logic. And if he was omnibenevolent (if that's the word), then he would not want humans (“his children”) to suffer, right? So why does he let us suffer?

Being like robots is an idea of humans. God would not need such an idea, since he created the idea for humans in the first place.

I guess it all comes down to Genesis, if you believe it. Why would god create the snake if he knew if was going to unleash pain and evil unto all humans? Why would he create Satan? And please don't say it is to test human beings, because an omnipotent being would not need to test them at all. He would not need to test them if he did not create evil.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Christian HQ Collaboration Work

ChocolatePi wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

Q: If there was God, why would he allow all sorts of evil even touch the world?
A: Simply, let me ask you this: If you were a hypothetical parent teaching your (hypothetical) son/daughter how to walk, would you ever get him to properly walk without letting him fall? Humans are the same.
That doesn't make sense. Why would a benevolent, all-loving god even need to teach humans how to do anything? You are comparing a god to a human, needing to teach his creations how to do something. I don't see why god wouldn't just create the race perfect, without the capability to fail. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Can someone explain? (P.S. I am not saying this to be argumentative, I am having a sort of a faith crisis so I need help)
I'll answer your question but please don't flame as this is for collab works and really doesn't need to be closed. Without failure there is no success. Because without the other there is no distinction and it becomes a pointless word.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile