Discuss Scratch

Scratch_Hairstyles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Hi! I was thinking of making a shop but I need people to join and complete people's orders for me!
Can you help?
Love,
SH xx

wizard192
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

robocat2000
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

can we adverise here

Check out my shop! The Emporium Of Everything | My profile





forever
Watch out for Evil Kumquats
end
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

-Aced-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Could you give me some more tips?

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

-Aced- wrote:

Could you give me some more tips?

Like? It would have to be personalized… Is there something you would like me to look at? .
-Aced-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Like how to get people to order things. I have 96 views but nobody has ordered anything.

If there's anything I'd like you to look at it would be my shop.

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

-Aced- wrote:

Like how to get people to order things. I have 96 views but nobody has ordered anything.

If there's anything I'd like you to look at it would be my shop.

Views are never an indicator of how popular a forum or shop is. You get a view every time you view or someone else views the page so you could just spam the refresh button and get an extra 500 views… it doesn't really matter.

You can't really get anyone to order anything. You can't force them… although you could try to get a catchier title (by adding different text symbols), making your front page much more appealing by formatting it with BBcode, adding a banner and so on.

You'll always have competition so nothing is 100% but these things should be sure to help .
-Aced-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

makethebrainhappy wrote:

-Aced- wrote:

Like how to get people to order things. I have 96 views but nobody has ordered anything.

If there's anything I'd like you to look at it would be my shop.

Views are never an indicator of how popular a forum or shop is. You get a view every time you view or someone else views the page so you could just spam the refresh button and get an extra 500 views… it doesn't really matter.

You can't really get anyone to order anything. You can't force them… although you could try to get a catchier title (by adding different text symbols), making your front page much more appealing by formatting it with BBcode, adding a banner and so on.

You'll always have competition so nothing is 100% but these things should be sure to help .

Thank you!

rushiv
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

ok

Last edited by kaj (Today 18:04:22)

SashaGeorge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

I ned to know- i am new to the whole ‘Shopping’ idea of Scratch and have a few questions.

-How do I join another Scratcher to help run a shop?
-Do you have to pay real money when making a purchase in a shop?
-What does it mean by Forum Shop?
Thanks if you can answer these Qs
@SashaGeorge
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

SashaGeorge wrote:

I ned to know- i am new to the whole ‘Shopping’ idea of Scratch and have a few questions.

-How do I join another Scratcher to help run a shop?
-Do you have to pay real money when making a purchase in a shop?
-What does it mean by Forum Shop?
Thanks if you can answer these Qs
@SashaGeorge

These are going to require lengthy answers, give me a little bit of time
rollercoasterfan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

SashaGeorge wrote:

I ned to know- i am new to the whole ‘Shopping’ idea of Scratch and have a few questions.

-How do I join another Scratcher to help run a shop?
-Do you have to pay real money when making a purchase in a shop?
-What does it mean by Forum Shop?
Thanks if you can answer these Qs
@SashaGeorge
-You don't have to create a shop with someone else, you can create one yourself. If you choose to have a partner, you can pick anybody on Scratch you want!
-No no no no no! Many people create a shop for the sake of running a shop, it's volunteer work. Some people charge follows, love, favorites, but these are more rare and less popular.
-A forum shop is, well, a shop in the forums! This is the forum now. Go to the requests form, click new topic in the top right corner, and type whatever you want to say about your shop. Make sure to explain what you do, examples, how to order, etc.














when [chromometer altimeter v] = [5th length v] and [7th length v] with a [gap v] of (17) ::events hat
forge [chromometer v] altimeter until < (speed) = (velocity)> ::control cstart
switch places with (759 v) altimeters with value of (speed) ::looks
control [altimeter 1 v] at time (10):(17):(58) ::control
end
initialize sequence (24) so [object 3 v] moves to x (156) y (231) ::control
reveal [final answer v] and stop running this script ::events cap
om12345
Scratcher
35 posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

How do you bump a topic?

Last edited by om12345 (Nov. 11, 2015 15:37:08)

Dontina888
Scratcher
74 posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Question what does a shop do? How do you make one? And by shop do you mean the goods are needing to be paid for?

!lla ta nosaer on rof …sdrawkcab erutangis ym daer tsuJ
pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Dontina888 wrote:

Question what does a shop do? How do you make one? And by shop do you mean the goods are needing to be paid for?
In a shop you can sell logos, sounds, scripts, voice acting, art and much more! To make a shop, you can open a new acount, make a studio for it or (most commonly) you can open up a topic in the forums and have people order the goods there. No, you don't have to sell the goods for money (if you have any idea how to do that, I don't) you can do a trade and barter system (a favor for a foavor), or you can just make it free.

Do not meddle with the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are a jerk. -Morgan Freeman (he didn't actually say ‘jerk’, but I wanted it on my siggy anyway, so I censored it. )
pandasrule4ever
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

om12345 wrote:

How do you bump a topic?
Why do people bump topics?

Do not meddle with the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are a jerk. -Morgan Freeman (he didn't actually say ‘jerk’, but I wanted it on my siggy anyway, so I censored it. )
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

pandasrule4ever wrote:

om12345 wrote:

How do you bump a topic?
Why do people bump topics?

So that they appear on the front of the forum, making them easy to find and access ! The special thing about stickied topics is that they don't need to be bumped

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile