Discuss Scratch

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

purplebook163 wrote:

Wow, great guide! Mind if I critique?

I'd link the Shop Directory, Show and Tell Forum, and Project Ideas Forum, just so they are easier to acess and it's more convienient in the long run.

The first sentences…

This Post wrote:

Have you ever wondered how people get really large shops with many members and orders? How did the get to where they are.
I'd rewrite this as…
Have you ever wondered how Scratchers get really large shops? Have you ever wondered how they get so many members and orders? Have you ever wondered how they get to where they are now?

I'd also add a bit about what it's like to run/own/work for a shop.

Just a few tips. I've been talking @Smiley_Faces7 into owning a shop and letting me help him manage it. He wants a shop, and we/I will deffinetly be using using some of these tips when we/he gets started.

Awesome If you need my help with your shop just ask!

And I will probably make those edits
AngrybirdsRock
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

Very nice! Reported to be stickied .

Thanks
I don't know about shops
purplebook163
Scratcher
500+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop



Congrats on the sticky!



You can ask me anything, even if it's not Scratch related, on my profile. Use this cloud to write out cloud variables in the forums. ☁

Desktop: My browser/operating system: Windows 7, Firefox 38.0 and/or Chrome 43.0.2357.130, Flash 18.0 (release 0);
Dad's Laptop: My browser/operating system: Windows 7, Firefox 38.0 and/or Chrome, Flash 18.0 (release 0);
Tablet: My browser/operating system: Android Linux 4.4.2, Chrome 43.0.2357.93, No Flash version;
My Lapotop: , Flash 24.0 (release 0)

See a flappy bird game I made. Let me know if you beat my high score of 2!
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Hello! Would you like this shop to be listed in the Shop Directory?

The Shop Directory is a stickied topic that contains a list of shops and examples of work so that Scratchers can choose the best shop for what they want. To find out more, you can read this. To find out how to get this shop listed, you can read this. If you don't want your shop listed, that's fine.




makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Hamish752 wrote:

Hello! Would you like this shop to be listed in the Shop Directory?

The Shop Directory is a stickied topic that contains a list of shops and examples of work so that Scratchers can choose the best shop for what they want. To find out more, you can read this. To find out how to get this shop listed, you can read this. If you don't want your shop listed, that's fine.




SURE XD

purplebook163 wrote:



Congrats on the sticky!

Thanks So MUCH!
Joboe293
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

I'm thinking of making a music shop. Any tips/ ideas?


Signature by makethebrainhappy
Joboe293
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Joboe293 wrote:

I'm thinking of making a music shop. Any tips/ ideas?
Are you there Brains?


Signature by makethebrainhappy
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Joboe293 wrote:

Joboe293 wrote:

I'm thinking of making a music shop. Any tips/ ideas?
Are you there Brains?

Brains here

Hmmm I'll think of something
Joboe293
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Joboe293 wrote:

Joboe293 wrote:

I'm thinking of making a music shop. Any tips/ ideas?
Are you there Brains?

Brains here

Hmmm I'll think of something

I made it!
60 SECOND RULE!!!!!!!!!!


Signature by makethebrainhappy
jshen1
Scratcher
46 posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

What's a shop?

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

jshen1
Scratcher
46 posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

makethebrainhappy wrote:

jshen1 wrote:

What's a shop?

Hmm well a shop is a scratch store pretty much that offers products for free (usual) or there could be prices
Thanks!

purplebook163
Scratcher
500+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

I added a link to this guide on the Shop Directory for new shop owners.



You can ask me anything, even if it's not Scratch related, on my profile. Use this cloud to write out cloud variables in the forums. ☁

Desktop: My browser/operating system: Windows 7, Firefox 38.0 and/or Chrome 43.0.2357.130, Flash 18.0 (release 0);
Dad's Laptop: My browser/operating system: Windows 7, Firefox 38.0 and/or Chrome, Flash 18.0 (release 0);
Tablet: My browser/operating system: Android Linux 4.4.2, Chrome 43.0.2357.93, No Flash version;
My Lapotop: , Flash 24.0 (release 0)

See a flappy bird game I made. Let me know if you beat my high score of 2!
gery2710
Scratcher
59 posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Brains, you wrote:
Have you ever wondered how people get really large shops with many members and orders? How did the get to where they are. I have had lots of personal experience with shops and here are some tips I have for you if you are new to owning a shop.
Its how did they..
Sorry if you take it personally…

Many Thanks,
Gery2710

Help me by rating my response –>

Need help? Just want to say hi?
Come and say Hi on my profile!
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

gery2710 wrote:

Brains, you wrote:
Have you ever wondered how people get really large shops with many members and orders? How did the get to where they are. I have had lots of personal experience with shops and here are some tips I have for you if you are new to owning a shop.
Its how did they..
Sorry if you take it personally…

XD me do gooder grammer XD
code_god
Scratcher
11 posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

just checking out my signature, hope you check out my page.

my stuff is here
Scratch_Hairstyles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Have you ever wondered how people get really large shops with many members and orders? How did the get to where they are. I have had lots of personal experience with shops and here are some tips I have for you if you are new to owning a shop.


1.) Never give up on your shop. You probably won't get orders or members when you first open it. This is natural. You should always keeping “bumping” the topic and bring it back. Eventually someone will notice your shop . Dedication Matters

2.) Advertise it. Advertising your products can get you more orders. One way to advertise is to list your shop in the “Shop Directory” or if you are an idea shop or a review shop is to create a forum in the “Show and Tell” section (for reviews) or the “Project Ideas” section (for idea shops) where more orders can flow through.

3.) Ask your friends to help. Having members in your shop who support you really makes you confident that they have your back and that they are always there to help you. Friends are really great dedicated members .

4.) Partner up with another shop. If you are willing to start out by sharing ownership then you may be willing to partner up with another small shop. You'll start out with two members each of which can make each other feel confident. You have double the advertising power and since you are both working you'll be able to do orders faster.

5.) Forum Shops vs. Studio Shops. There is no right or wrong answer to which basis you should choose. I have even seen project Shops. But I will say that there is no reason why you should use all three methods. As they say, the more the merrier! You can have an official forum and an official studio and maybe even an official project. Out of the three I would choose using a forum shop. When replying to customers and when they are describing to you what they want you don't have a 500 character limit. Many services just work easier in the formatting department on the forums, such as the reviews and ideas department. Granted, artwork is a drop harder to post but its really no big deal either .

6.) Building a Reputation. Over time if you offer really good products over and over again people will keep coming back to you. You'll get more orders and people will recommend you. Your shop will grow in the members department and you'll get more orders.


Happy Scratcher and Good Luck to all the New Shops out there,
Makethebrainhappy

High Manager of the former largest shop
Owner of the largest shop on scratch ever
High Manager of the second largest active shop on scratch


Um….what's BUMPING? xx

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

Scratch_Hairstyles wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Have you ever wondered how people get really large shops with many members and orders? How did the get to where they are. I have had lots of personal experience with shops and here are some tips I have for you if you are new to owning a shop.


1.) Never give up on your shop. You probably won't get orders or members when you first open it. This is natural. You should always keeping “bumping” the topic and bring it back. Eventually someone will notice your shop . Dedication Matters

2.) Advertise it. Advertising your products can get you more orders. One way to advertise is to list your shop in the “Shop Directory” or if you are an idea shop or a review shop is to create a forum in the “Show and Tell” section (for reviews) or the “Project Ideas” section (for idea shops) where more orders can flow through.

3.) Ask your friends to help. Having members in your shop who support you really makes you confident that they have your back and that they are always there to help you. Friends are really great dedicated members .

4.) Partner up with another shop. If you are willing to start out by sharing ownership then you may be willing to partner up with another small shop. You'll start out with two members each of which can make each other feel confident. You have double the advertising power and since you are both working you'll be able to do orders faster.

5.) Forum Shops vs. Studio Shops. There is no right or wrong answer to which basis you should choose. I have even seen project Shops. But I will say that there is no reason why you should use all three methods. As they say, the more the merrier! You can have an official forum and an official studio and maybe even an official project. Out of the three I would choose using a forum shop. When replying to customers and when they are describing to you what they want you don't have a 500 character limit. Many services just work easier in the formatting department on the forums, such as the reviews and ideas department. Granted, artwork is a drop harder to post but its really no big deal either .

6.) Building a Reputation. Over time if you offer really good products over and over again people will keep coming back to you. You'll get more orders and people will recommend you. Your shop will grow in the members department and you'll get more orders.


Happy Scratcher and Good Luck to all the New Shops out there,
Makethebrainhappy

High Manager of the former largest shop
Owner of the largest shop on scratch ever
High Manager of the second largest active shop on scratch


Um….what's BUMPING? xx

Its where you bring your topic to the top of the forum so that more people see it first
purplebook163
Scratcher
500+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Scratch_Hairstyles wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

Have you ever wondered how people get really large shops with many members and orders? How did the get to where they are. I have had lots of personal experience with shops and here are some tips I have for you if you are new to owning a shop.


1.) Never give up on your shop. You probably won't get orders or members when you first open it. This is natural. You should always keeping “bumping” the topic and bring it back. Eventually someone will notice your shop . Dedication Matters

2.) Advertise it. Advertising your products can get you more orders. One way to advertise is to list your shop in the “Shop Directory” or if you are an idea shop or a review shop is to create a forum in the “Show and Tell” section (for reviews) or the “Project Ideas” section (for idea shops) where more orders can flow through.

3.) Ask your friends to help. Having members in your shop who support you really makes you confident that they have your back and that they are always there to help you. Friends are really great dedicated members .

4.) Partner up with another shop. If you are willing to start out by sharing ownership then you may be willing to partner up with another small shop. You'll start out with two members each of which can make each other feel confident. You have double the advertising power and since you are both working you'll be able to do orders faster.

5.) Forum Shops vs. Studio Shops. There is no right or wrong answer to which basis you should choose. I have even seen project Shops. But I will say that there is no reason why you should use all three methods. As they say, the more the merrier! You can have an official forum and an official studio and maybe even an official project. Out of the three I would choose using a forum shop. When replying to customers and when they are describing to you what they want you don't have a 500 character limit. Many services just work easier in the formatting department on the forums, such as the reviews and ideas department. Granted, artwork is a drop harder to post but its really no big deal either .

6.) Building a Reputation. Over time if you offer really good products over and over again people will keep coming back to you. You'll get more orders and people will recommend you. Your shop will grow in the members department and you'll get more orders.


Happy Scratcher and Good Luck to all the New Shops out there,
Makethebrainhappy

High Manager of the former largest shop
Owner of the largest shop on scratch ever
High Manager of the second largest active shop on scratch


Um….what's BUMPING? xx

Its where you bring your topic to the top of the forum so that more people see it first
Here's more information.



You can ask me anything, even if it's not Scratch related, on my profile. Use this cloud to write out cloud variables in the forums. ☁

Desktop: My browser/operating system: Windows 7, Firefox 38.0 and/or Chrome 43.0.2357.130, Flash 18.0 (release 0);
Dad's Laptop: My browser/operating system: Windows 7, Firefox 38.0 and/or Chrome, Flash 18.0 (release 0);
Tablet: My browser/operating system: Android Linux 4.4.2, Chrome 43.0.2357.93, No Flash version;
My Lapotop: , Flash 24.0 (release 0)

See a flappy bird game I made. Let me know if you beat my high score of 2!
nickwasp
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guide to making a Successful Shop

k9lego wrote:

Great Topic! - k9lego

((((((((lol::list):: variables) ::control)::operators)::pen)::sensing)::motion)::custom)

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile