Discuss Scratch

jeeble
Scratcher
5 posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

I definitely support this, especially solutions 2, 5, and 6 (like a lot of other people ).
Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

cheeseeater wrote:

Just because we disagree with these studio, for our resons, we have had flamers and all stuff! Just becuse they disagree with us they are calling us “mean and heartless”. We respect them, they need to respect us. We don't go to their campain and call them mean and heartless.

Thanks for reading, cheeseeater

I am thinking that. I tried to be polite as possible when I'm asking why they create AE studios, blah, blah. And after a few patience, my idea did work. I got (Removed by Rumanti- Do not think that this is a mod editing) delete his/her studio after he understand! (I didn't ask him/her to delete it, he did it him/herself!)

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now

PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

tcodina wrote:

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now
Well done But I'm certain the problem isn't gone yet.

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;You thought I'd get away from you, didn't you?!
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

tcodina wrote:

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now
Well done But I'm certain the problem isn't gone yet.

Yeah, now: Clean up of studios! xD We have to tell everyone that owns an AE studio that he cannot add more projects, so there's no reason of their studios being in Scratch. Or tell the ST that now the AE cannot continue, so we should be able to remove those. I don't know if there'll be more space for projects, but people (Against AE studios) will be happier than never xD

cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

tcodina wrote:

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now
We didn't remove the tags because of the anti-AE movement, you know. We had other reasons.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
zorket
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

Firedrake969 wrote:

You guys:

We need to find the percentage of AE studios that are active in the last month COMPARED TO the number of studios active in the last month. Not in the total number of ALL studios.

zorket wrote:

734 studios have been updated in the past month.
26 studios with “add everything” have been updated in the past month.
2 studios with “biggest gallery” have been updated in the past month.
0 studios with “biggest studio” have been updated in the past month.

That's 28 out of 734 active studios, which is 3.814%. I'm not sure if I did that right.

Last edited by zorket (Sept. 1, 2013 01:37:27)


Try out my new strategy/luck game: Battleship!
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

cheddargirl wrote:

tcodina wrote:

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now
We didn't remove the tags because of the anti-AE movement, you know. We had other reasons.

Ah. I gave some in the project “Tags are useless”. One ST member, lightnin, checked the project saying they were still working on tags. I wanted them gone, but i think that you made what most of the community requested.

Wes8
Scratcher
5 posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

100% support. One day someone added my project to one of those studios. I asked THREE TIMES for it to be removed. Plus, I only saw 1 other request to remove a project. I'm pretty sure my project's still in that studio. AND IT WAS JUST THAT AQUARIUM THING THEY HAD AT SCRATCH DAY!!!!!
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

tcodina wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

tcodina wrote:

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now
We didn't remove the tags because of the anti-AE movement, you know. We had other reasons.

Ah. I gave some in the project “Tags are useless”. One ST member, lightnin, checked the project saying they were still working on tags. I wanted them gone, but i think that you made what most of the community requested.
I don't want to give the impression that you helped out the supporters on this tread when the feature was removed, neither the impression that you were the one responsible for getting the ST to remove the feature in the first place. It's far from the case. Some users were sabotaging studios by using it to mass-spam them with projects that didn't match the studio subject, one of the main reasons behind the removal. It may end up coming back someday, but a revision is tied in with curator permissions, which is an entirely different issue that the ST had been discussing for a while.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

cheddargirl wrote:

tcodina wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

tcodina wrote:

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now
We didn't remove the tags because of the anti-AE movement, you know. We had other reasons.

Ah. I gave some in the project “Tags are useless”. One ST member, lightnin, checked the project saying they were still working on tags. I wanted them gone, but i think that you made what most of the community requested.
I don't want to give the impression that you helped out the supporters on this tread when the feature was removed, neither the impression that you were the one responsible for getting the ST to remove the feature in the first place. It's far from the case. Some users were sabotaging studios by using it to mass-spam them with projects that didn't match the studio subject, one of the main reasons behind the removal. It may end up coming back someday, but a revision is tied in with curator permissions, which is an entirely different issue that the ST had been discussing for a while.

Ok.

PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

Ok, there are several points that need clearing up:

cheddargirl wrote:

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

zorket wrote:

Percentages don't say everything. There are 28 add everything studios that have had activity in the past month.
Stop worrying about the numbers- we can all see that they're there, so no matter how many of them there are or what percentage they make up or how many have been active, they still annoy people, whether they make up 50% or 0.000005% of studios, that doesn't really matter.
You mean they annoy some people. Not everyone is annoyed by them.
I never said they annoy everyone, if everyone hated them, then this wouldn't be an issue. If that's how you interpreted my post, then I could use the same logic to interpret this:

cheddargirl wrote:

Because of the aggressiveness of the anti-AE movement…
to mean that everyone who is anti-AE is being aggressive, which is not true, no matter what some people may think.

However, based on what this article from the Wiki suggests (albeit indirectly), and the response of this topic and other projects similar to this topic, I believe that perhaps the word “some” would be better replaced with “many” if not “most”, but I'm not going to spend more time discussing the tiny aspects of that particular part of the post.

cheddargirl wrote:

The numbers are useful here, since some believe AE studios are spammy and make up a significant number of the studio group - but the statistics just shows how much smaller the issue is since the issue is only for a very small number of studios.
Well, clearly there aren't 50,000 AE studios adding the same project, but even if the matter is smaller than 50,000 studios, if five out of twelve studios that a project is in is an AE studio, then the arguments of this topic still apply- they should still be considered spam and block out relevant studios, as well as making the studios bar look very messy.

cheddargirl wrote:

As far as I see it, the issue isn't so much an AE one, but simply suggestions for improvements to the studio system in general, something which is still in progress for the ST. Given that, I suggest waiting for the studio improvements to roll out first before jumping on the “AE studios are problematic” bandwagon.
Yes, the studio system could be improved, but our need wouldn't be as great as it is now if it wasn't for AE studios, therefore I believe that the issue is an AE one.

As for waiting for studio improvements to roll out, before this topic I couldn't find any suggestions anywhere that this was being thought about, and a small part of me still believes that it wouldn't have been thought about if it wasn't for the “anti-AE movement”. If we had been told that “The Scratch Team plans to improve the studio system” then we would have known that something was going to be done about this, how could we have waited without knowing that it was being considered?

cheddargirl wrote:

tcodina wrote:

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now
We didn't remove the tags because of the anti-AE movement, you know. We had other reasons.

I don't want to give the impression that you helped out the supporters on this tread when the feature was removed… Some users were sabotaging studios by using it to mass-spam them with projects that didn't match the studio subject, one of the main reasons behind the removal.
Surely users “mass-spamming” studios is the exact same problem that AE studios cause?! If “mass-spam” is what is to be avoided, then surely AE studios are the exact gathering-points of “mass-spam”?

And I've just found something that I'll admit I found very shocking:

cheddargirl wrote:

Definitely, and that's what the issue is about: stopping the attack on AE studios.
Ok, what?! So after a 2000+ word post explaining some problems in the Scratch Community, the whole “issue” has somehow flipped around to protecting AE studios? cheddargirl, you called me “Very quite biased” but so far it hardly seems like you are looking at the whole story. As a result of this topic, I, and other supporters, have been called:
  • Mean
  • Selfish
  • Cruel
  • Heartless
  • A “terrorist” (this one was personally aimed at myself)
Some of these have been reported, but nothing has been done about them, except for a comment from a Scratch Team member asking for some of these remarks to be removed (Note: the remarks weren't removed and the Scratch Team member's comment was deleted by the author of those remarks)
This is certainly, certainly not a one-way argument, with those who are anti-AE “attacking” those who are “anti-anti-AE”. (Note again, they don't call themselves pro-AE, but Anti-Anti-AE, meaning that they are aiming their actions at the Anti-AE rather than making an argument why AE is a good thing).

I hope what I'm about to say doesn't sound like I'm complaining about the Scratch Team, because I really admire and respect the whole team and what they do, but I believe that these “attacks” that you talk of could have been calmed if this topic was replied to sooner than it was by the Scratch Team. It took 10 days for the first comment from the Scratch Team, and that really didn't solve anything- it just asked for clarification. It wasn't until almost two weeks after this topic had been posted that we got a response indicating that we were being listened to, and that some solutions were being thought about.

What I'm suggesting is that in the future, divisive issues such as this one should be handled much sooner- obviously the ST have many more priorities and I was never expecting any of the suggestions to be implemented in a couple of days, but any reply from the ST in that time wouldn't have allowed for any aggression to build up. And I think I have proof that that would have helped: after cheddargirl posted for the first time asking for a bit of peace, people immediately calmed down, but it was a bit too late by then.

Last edited by PhirripSyrrip (Sept. 1, 2013 21:25:47)


; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;You thought I'd get away from you, didn't you?!
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

zorket wrote:

I did a google advanced search finding pages under the domain scratch.mit.edu/studios, and I got about 213 million studios. Someone else found out that 50 thousand of them are add everything. That means that roughly 0.023% of all studios are add everything. I actually thought it would be 5%.
*Ahem* This is waaaaaaay off. There are only about 230,000 studios, so 50,000 out of 230,000 is more than ~21% of all studios.



Wes64
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

And I've just found something that I'll admit I found very shocking:

cheddargirl wrote:

Definitely, and that's what the issue is about: stopping the attack on AE studios.
Ok, what?! So after a 2000+ word post explaining some problems in the Scratch Community, the whole “issue” has somehow flipped around to protecting AE studios? cheddargirl, you called me “Very quite biased” but so far it hardly seems like you are looking at the whole story. As a result of this topic, I, and other supporters, have been called:
  • Mean
  • Selfish
  • Cruel
  • Heartless
  • A “terrorist” (this one was personally aimed at myself)
Some of these have been reported, but nothing has been done about them, except for a comment from a Scratch Team member asking for some of these remarks to be removed (Note: the remarks weren't removed and the Scratch Team member's comment was deleted by the author of those remarks)
This is certainly, certainly not a one-way argument, with those who are anti-AE “attacking” those who are “anti-anti-AE”. (Note again, they don't call themselves pro-AE, but Anti-Anti-AE, meaning that they are aiming their actions at the Anti-AE rather than making an argument why AE is a good thing).

I hope what I'm about to say doesn't sound like I'm complaining about the Scratch Team, because I really admire and respect the whole team and what they do, but I believe that these “attacks” that you talk of could have been calmed if this topic was replied to sooner than it was by the Scratch Team. It took 10 days for the first comment from the Scratch Team, and that really didn't solve anything- it just asked for clarification. It wasn't until almost two weeks after this topic had been posted that we got a response indicating that we were being listened to, and that some solutions were being thought about.

What I'm suggesting is that in the future, divisive issues such as this one should be handled much sooner- obviously the ST have many more priorities and I was never expecting any of the suggestions to be implemented in a couple of days, but any reply from the ST in that time wouldn't have allowed for any aggression to build up. And I think I have proof that that would have helped: after cheddargirl posted for the first time asking for a bit of peace, people immediately calmed down, but it was a bit too late by then.
Obviously it is the Scratch Team's priority to protect any demographic of the community that is actively being persecuted by another; therefore, the protection of AE studios is not taking place as a symbolic gesture againt those of us who have (tried) to encourage a reasonable discourse but against those who have acted irrationally and began flaming.

I have continually tried to emplasize that this issue is in no way the end of the world. I have actively posted comments against such sensationalism on many of the major “destroy add everything” themed propoganda. I believe my own project was, yes, somewhat aggressive, but I in no way encouraged flaming; rather, I encouraged people to take a valid look at a nuisance.

The reason I am explaining this is because both sides have continually ramped up the assault; therefore, it is clear that even when a few attempt a reasonable discourse, any divisive issue will soon fireball out of hand. This is likely the reason the Scratch Team are trying to calm people down, and thus likely the reason response time was long. If the Scratch Team got involved in a debate that was essentially irrational, no reasonable conclusions could be reached.

I have learned from this experience that grassroots campaigning and political discourse are fundamentally not suited to the community as a whole.

I believe that to accuse the Scratch Team of not coming to aid soon enough is to absolve all the players of responsibility. I'm responsible. You're responsible. Flamers are responsible. At this point, I think it is time to let events fade away, because now the Scratch Team is involved and we are not qualified to be educators or run the site.

EDIT: I would like to add that I am not trying to mini-mod other people or suck up to the scratch team. As a player in this flame war, I feel it is my responsibility to say these things.

Last edited by Wes64 (Sept. 1, 2013 23:26:17)


Using Firefox 46.0.1, Flash plugin version 21.0.0.242, and Windows 7 Professional.
A computer does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. - Murphy's Law
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

Ok, there are several points that need clearing up:

cheddargirl wrote:

PhirripSyrrip wrote:

zorket wrote:

Percentages don't say everything. There are 28 add everything studios that have had activity in the past month.
Stop worrying about the numbers- we can all see that they're there, so no matter how many of them there are or what percentage they make up or how many have been active, they still annoy people, whether they make up 50% or 0.000005% of studios, that doesn't really matter.
You mean they annoy some people. Not everyone is annoyed by them.
I never said they annoy everyone, if everyone hated them, then this wouldn't be an issue. If that's how you interpreted my post, then I could use the same logic to interpret this:

cheddargirl wrote:

Because of the aggressiveness of the anti-AE movement…
to mean that everyone who is anti-AE is being aggressive, which is not true, no matter what some people may think.

However, based on what this article from the Wiki suggests (albeit indirectly), and the response of this topic and other projects similar to this topic, I believe that perhaps the word “some” would be better replaced with “many” if not “most”, but I'm not going to spend more time discussing the tiny aspects of that particular part of the post.

cheddargirl wrote:

The numbers are useful here, since some believe AE studios are spammy and make up a significant number of the studio group - but the statistics just shows how much smaller the issue is since the issue is only for a very small number of studios.
Well, clearly there aren't 50,000 AE studios adding the same project, but even if the matter is smaller than 50,000 studios, if five out of twelve studios that a project is in is an AE studio, then the arguments of this topic still apply- they should still be considered spam and block out relevant studios, as well as making the studios bar look very messy.

That same argument could be applied to other types of studios that could also be perceived as spam or not relevant, such as studios geared towards collecting projects with one's favorite song files or a studio of project collected by a school for an assignment. I'm finding that kind of argument to be less of an “Add Everything” issue, just simply a studio sorting one. And the studio sorting issue is one that has been known for a while now.


PhirripSyrrip wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

As far as I see it, the issue isn't so much an AE one, but simply suggestions for improvements to the studio system in general, something which is still in progress for the ST. Given that, I suggest waiting for the studio improvements to roll out first before jumping on the “AE studios are problematic” bandwagon.
Yes, the studio system could be improved, but our need wouldn't be as great as it is now if it wasn't for AE studios, therefore I believe that the issue is an AE one.

I disagree - if “Add Everything” studios presented themselves as a focal point of problems with studio structure and searching issues, it would have been brought up earlier when the new studio system was rolled on Scratch 2.0. Some of the issues that are supposedly tied in with “Add Everything studios” (like search troubles and studio sorting issues) existed long before “Add Everything” studios as seen as an issue.





PhirripSyrrip wrote:

As for waiting for studio improvements to roll out, before this topic I couldn't find any suggestions anywhere that this was being thought about, and a small part of me still believes that it wouldn't have been thought about if it wasn't for the “anti-AE movement”. If we had been told that “The Scratch Team plans to improve the studio system” then we would have known that something was going to be done about this, how could we have waited without knowing that it was being considered?

cheddargirl wrote:

tcodina wrote:

I helped you guys by making the ST remove the “Add by tag” feature in studios :3 I think that this problem is gone now
We didn't remove the tags because of the anti-AE movement, you know. We had other reasons.

I don't want to give the impression that you helped out the supporters on this tread when the feature was removed… Some users were sabotaging studios by using it to mass-spam them with projects that didn't match the studio subject, one of the main reasons behind the removal.
Surely users “mass-spamming” studios is the exact same problem that AE studios cause?! If “mass-spam” is what is to be avoided, then surely AE studios are the exact gathering-points of “mass-spam”?

No. Mass-spamming a studio is caused when someone intentionally add projects into a studio where it doesn't belong. We had problems where curators added projects that don't fit, like adding projects tagged with “Pico” to a studio with an MLP theme. That has nothing to do “Add Everything” studios.







And I've just found something that I'll admit I found very shocking:

cheddargirl wrote:

Definitely, and that's what the issue is about: stopping the attack on AE studios.
Ok, what?! So after a 2000+ word post explaining some problems in the Scratch Community, the whole “issue” has somehow flipped around to protecting AE studios? cheddargirl, you called me “Very quite biased” but so far it hardly seems like you are looking at the whole story. As a result of this topic, I, and other supporters, have been called:
  • Mean
  • Selfish
  • Cruel
  • Heartless
  • A “terrorist” (this one was personally aimed at myself)
Some of these have been reported, but nothing has been done about them, except for a comment from a Scratch Team member asking for some of these remarks to be removed (Note: the remarks weren't removed and the Scratch Team member's comment was deleted by the author of those remarks)
This is certainly, certainly not a one-way argument, with those who are anti-AE “attacking” those who are “anti-anti-AE”. (Note again, they don't call themselves pro-AE, but Anti-Anti-AE, meaning that they are aiming their actions at the Anti-AE rather than making an argument why AE is a good thing).

That comment on that topic was in regards to users who posted in “Add Everything” studios calling for their removal or sabotaging them on purpose.

One of the listed solutions was Ban “add everything” studios (even though you already acknowledged as a bad one?), and you mentioned in your first thread “If you still feel unclear as to why “add everything” studios need removing…”. That suggestion and type of writing is perceived it as an attack on “Add Everything” studios. It's why supporters on this thread are being perceived as being cruel and negative here.

Sometimes certain situations aren't solved as easily by removing comments and sending notifications, so the Scratch Team is going for the extra effort for a more direct intervention when it comes to some of the flagged comments, (hence why you might see some of them commenting), but if the users are simply removing the Scratch Team's comments, you could try flagging the comments again so the Scratch Team is alerted about it (sometimes it takes more than one intervention).


PhirripSyrrip wrote:

I hope what I'm about to say doesn't sound like I'm complaining about the Scratch Team, because I really admire and respect the whole team and what they do, but I believe that these “attacks” that you talk of could have been calmed if this topic was replied to sooner than it was by the Scratch Team. It took 10 days for the first comment from the Scratch Team, and that really didn't solve anything- it just asked for clarification. It wasn't until almost two weeks after this topic had been posted that we got a response indicating that we were being listened to, and that some solutions were being thought about.

What I'm suggesting is that in the future, divisive issues such as this one should be handled much sooner- obviously the ST have many more priorities and I was never expecting any of the suggestions to be implemented in a couple of days, but any reply from the ST in that time wouldn't have allowed for any aggression to build up. And I think I have proof that that would have helped: after cheddargirl posted for the first time asking for a bit of peace, people immediately calmed down, but it was a bit too late by then.
Actually I think it wouldn't have turned into the fiasco it is today if Ban “add everything” studios wasn't listed as a suggestion and if supporters in favor of that suggestion didn't go on some kind of vigilante spree of sorts. And perhaps the issue would have been less hostile if people took the time out to review the issues being tied in with “Add Everything” (as far as I see it, the issues being associated with “Add Everything” studios is more of a studio structuring and studio searching issue in general. so there's not much validation with squarely pinning it on “Add Everything” studios)

The Community Guidelines should have been kept in mind at all time, there really shouldn't have been any need to go into a thread to request peace of an issue that's kind of low on our list of things to think about.


Last edited by cheddargirl (Sept. 1, 2013 23:27:39)


Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

However, they should be pro-AE, not anti-anti-AE. As you could read in PS's post, he said they (as in a few people) were specifically and actively targeting the anti-AE party while passively supporting , rather than actively supporting and only passively attacking the anti-AE party. That is one main cause of concern for me.

Agreed, it is not the end of the world; however, I WOULD like for my projects to be removed from any they are currently in. Sadly, it is now an impossibility without being a curator of said studios. May I have a link to the project? I do not often browse the front page.

I personally believe that we have a major say in how this community is run; for example, we elect moderators, we choose what's on the front page, and we suggest features that sometimes get implemented. I'd say that we have influence.

In your first paragraph, when you said “obviously”, it is demeaning. Saying it implies that the receiver can't understand a fundamental concept. To protect any demographic of the community attacked? That would now include both anti-AE and “anti-anti-AE (pro-AE)”. See first paragraph for information.


This paragraph may not be as long, but it has as much impact as any posts on here, or on the forums, for that matter. Please read the whole post before replying to me. Thank you.

EDIT: Ninja'd by cheddargirl.

Last edited by Firedrake969 (Sept. 1, 2013 23:36:11)


'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
Chainmanner
Scratcher
100+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

cheddargirl wrote:

One of the listed solutions was Ban “add everything” studios (even though you already acknowledged as a bad one?), and you mentioned in your first thread “If you still feel unclear as to why “add everything” studios need removing…”. That suggestion and type of writing is perceived it as an attack on “Add Everything” studios. It's why supporters on this thread are being perceived as being cruel and negative here.
Cheddar, you might be misunderstanding. Suggesting for something to be removed isn't in and of itself literally an attack, and he literally says that it's a bad idea. And supporters like me are looking for solutions on how to SOLVE the rage, not create even more. None of us are going onto galleries and deleting everything. We're talking as nicely as possible, so in other words nobody is attacking others, unless you're pointing out to a few bad eggs among both sides.
Wes64
Scratcher
500+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

Chainmanner wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

One of the listed solutions was Ban “add everything” studios (even though you already acknowledged as a bad one?), and you mentioned in your first thread “If you still feel unclear as to why “add everything” studios need removing…”. That suggestion and type of writing is perceived it as an attack on “Add Everything” studios. It's why supporters on this thread are being perceived as being cruel and negative here.
Cheddar, you might be misunderstanding. Suggesting for something to be removed isn't in and of itself literally an attack, and he literally says that it's a bad idea. And supporters like me are looking for solutions on how to SOLVE the rage, not create even more. None of us are going onto galleries and deleting everything. We're talking as nicely as possible, so in other words nobody is attacking others, unless you're pointing out to a few bad eggs among both sides.
i impore you to read my previous pose

http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/129035/

Using Firefox 46.0.1, Flash plugin version 21.0.0.242, and Windows 7 Professional.
A computer does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. - Murphy's Law
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

Chainmanner wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

One of the listed solutions was Ban “add everything” studios (even though you already acknowledged as a bad one?), and you mentioned in your first thread “If you still feel unclear as to why “add everything” studios need removing…”. That suggestion and type of writing is perceived it as an attack on “Add Everything” studios. It's why supporters on this thread are being perceived as being cruel and negative here.
Cheddar, you might be misunderstanding. Suggesting for something to be removed isn't in and of itself literally an attack, and he literally says that it's a bad idea. And supporters like me are looking for solutions on how to SOLVE the rage, not create even more. None of us are going onto galleries and deleting everything. We're talking as nicely as possible, so in other words nobody is attacking others, unless you're pointing out to a few bad eggs among both sides.
Actually, suggesting something for removal can be seen as an attack of sorts - it kind of mimics previous issues like the removal on art projects, or projects with cats on the front page, and result is that the creators of the content (in this case, the “Add Everything” studio creators) start feeling unwelcome, and this isn't okay. Seeing statements “If you still feel unclear as to why ‘add everything’ studios need removing…” and having the suggestion “Ban ‘Add Everything’ Studios”, even if it removal is being acknowledged is a bad idea, doesn't exactly ease tensions.

I've seen some supporters here go into “Add Everything” galleries and post comments on “Add Everything” galleries trying to convince user to stop continuing them, or sabotage them by pretending to want to be a curator and end up deleting projects as soon as they join. But in some way, the fact that “Ban ‘Add Everything’ studios” is even listed as a suggestions makes supporters look like they just wish for the removal “Add Everything” as a result.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

cheddargirl wrote:

I've seen some supporters here go into “Add Everything” galleries and post comments on “Add Everything” galleries trying to convince user to stop continuing them
*sigh* I'm one of them, but I provide a clear reason, and usually ask WHY they did it instead of DELETE IT NOW!

However, is that bad? I don't know!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile