Discuss Scratch

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

I'm re-doing this suggestion, but, it still applies as the old one did.

As you all probably know there are stickies on each forum. My idea was that there could be a sticky that could be written down for each forum that goes over some simple guidelines; I am aware that there is a general forum guidelines sticky but it's in one forum which is really pointless.

Each forum has its own set of “standards”, and I feel it would be better for newer Scratchers to have something to reference.

Some stickies should probably stay separate of course.

Last edited by MathlyCat (Nov. 2, 2016 13:21:59)


Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
Cream_E_Cookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

support
Highlight above

















MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Cream_E_Cookie wrote:

support
Highlight above
Thanks!

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
Letsgopitt
Scratcher
500+ posts

New Sticky?

I'm confused… are you suggesting to consolidate stickies into one sticky? If so, semi-support/indifferent because some stickies are sort of specialized. Plus, if someone reads a sticky in a forum to learn the rules, they are probably mindful enough to read the other stickies.
Blank1234
Scratcher
500+ posts

New Sticky?

support

Did you know that “kaj” means “and” in Esperanto?


















Totally not for SEO:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/85467306/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/83099266/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/81628056/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/81562288/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/81462110/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/81436112/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/78896920/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/78863998/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/76577776/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/76459270/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/74797364/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/74085188/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/73150274/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/73112658/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/72484040/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/72737486/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/72410420/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/72378152/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/71910314/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/67826618/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/67882676/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/66909070/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/66925858/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/66420350/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/66062314/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/65564542/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64828196/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64286296/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/64283600/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62386850/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63907584/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62785306/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/63767660/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62676562/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/61948978/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62521426/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/61074988/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11658256/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/60640274/
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Letsgopitt wrote:

I'm confused… are you suggesting to consolidate stickies into one sticky? If so, semi-support/indifferent because some stickies are sort of specialized. Plus, if someone reads a sticky in a forum to learn the rules, they are probably mindful enough to read the other stickies.
No, I'm suggesting that the ST write a set of rules that need to be clarified for each forum in one sticky, if your argument is it'll take a long time to write, Im pretty sure there's more than one ST member, plus typing isn't that hard…

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Support.


CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

MathlyCat wrote:

Letsgopitt wrote:

I'm confused… are you suggesting to consolidate stickies into one sticky? If so, semi-support/indifferent because some stickies are sort of specialized. Plus, if someone reads a sticky in a forum to learn the rules, they are probably mindful enough to read the other stickies.
No, I'm suggesting that the ST write a set of rules that need to be clarified for each forum in one sticky, if your argument is it'll take a long time to write, Im pretty sure there's more than one ST member, plus typing isn't that hard…
All you have to do is to type fast.
Support

DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Support.

台灣翠青
太平洋西南海邊,美麗島台灣翠青。
早前受外邦統治,建國今在出頭天。
共和國憲法的基礎,四族群平等相協助。
人類文化世界和平,國民向前貢獻才能。
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Support, I'd find that much less confusing.

Hello!
I'm TheAwesomeMaster: a middle school violist (someone who plays the viola), coder, artist, and writer! I also enjoy role-playing and helping out in the community.
| Profile | Wiki Page | Scratch String Orchestra | ᎪρᏂεℓ༏Ꮻ₪~ A Space Odyssey by Novakitty |
If you are reading this, comment “I have superpowers.” on my profile.
^._.^::control //This is Kallie. She is a certified siggy protector. She protects my siggy from kumquats.
DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Support, I guess.


U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
Nether_before
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Support.

~~If life gives you kumquats, lock your signature up, bury it in the ground and hope it's safe~~
hello child. i am an elf
Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Support. I don't think anyone would want to read, say, the 7 stickies in the New Scratchers forum all at once. It'd be better if we had them all in one place.


Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

I support- seems that it could solve some problems that had been bugging the Scratch Team for months.

julianandwill
Scratcher
500+ posts

New Sticky?

The way you explained it really confuses me. Please explain more, I am VERY unaware at what you're trying to get at here.

Wanna help make the longest Scratch movie ever? Go here - https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/235554/

When you [have no idea v] :: events hat
Be all like [ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯] :: motion
Feel [proud v] of [yourself v] :: operators cap
Sorry if I get annoying with bumps. It's probably the kumquats messing up my brain.
Letsgopitt
Scratcher
500+ posts

New Sticky?

MathlyCat wrote:

Letsgopitt wrote:

I'm confused… are you suggesting to consolidate stickies into one sticky? If so, semi-support/indifferent because some stickies are sort of specialized. Plus, if someone reads a sticky in a forum to learn the rules, they are probably mindful enough to read the other stickies.
No, I'm suggesting that the ST write a set of rules that need to be clarified for each forum in one sticky, if your argument is it'll take a long time to write, Im pretty sure there's more than one ST member, plus typing isn't that hard…
My argument was not that it would take too long.

Some of the stickies are specialized, and someone who reads one is probably mindful enough to read the others. Plus, in some of the forums, not all stickies are about rules, anyway. There's directories, ITopic links, and guides to advertise, along with all the others in the New Scratcher forum. Would it really make sense to retype what is already written to put together the sticky on rules and the sticky where you introduce yourself? So if you wanted to ask a question, you would have to follow the topic that everyone just posts on to say "hi I'm ?" You don't have to read every sticky, so it seems a little strange to put them all in one post. Would New Scratchers be any more compelled to read a sticky that is seven times longer than normal sticky length? I've changed to no support.
Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Can you at least tell us what stickies they should add…

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: Despacito 2 (Feat: Lil Pump) ───────────⚪────── ◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►⠀⠀ ⠀
IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Letsgopitt wrote:

MathlyCat wrote:

Letsgopitt wrote:

I'm confused… are you suggesting to consolidate stickies into one sticky? If so, semi-support/indifferent because some stickies are sort of specialized. Plus, if someone reads a sticky in a forum to learn the rules, they are probably mindful enough to read the other stickies.
No, I'm suggesting that the ST write a set of rules that need to be clarified for each forum in one sticky, if your argument is it'll take a long time to write, Im pretty sure there's more than one ST member, plus typing isn't that hard…
My argument was not that it would take too long.

Some of the stickies are specialized, and someone who reads one is probably mindful enough to read the others. Plus, in some of the forums, not all stickies are about rules, anyway. There's directories, ITopic links, and guides to advertise, along with all the others in the New Scratcher forum. Would it really make sense to retype what is already written to put together the sticky on rules and the sticky where you introduce yourself? So if you wanted to ask a question, you would have to follow the topic that everyone just posts on to say "hi I'm ?" You don't have to read every sticky, so it seems a little strange to put them all in one post. Would New Scratchers be any more compelled to read a sticky that is seven times longer than normal sticky length? I've changed to no support.
Perhaps if they were the basics and not each sticky compiled into one, Support.
I believe that's what OP means.

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

IronBit_Studios wrote:

Letsgopitt wrote:

MathlyCat wrote:

Letsgopitt wrote:

I'm confused… are you suggesting to consolidate stickies into one sticky? If so, semi-support/indifferent because some stickies are sort of specialized. Plus, if someone reads a sticky in a forum to learn the rules, they are probably mindful enough to read the other stickies.
No, I'm suggesting that the ST write a set of rules that need to be clarified for each forum in one sticky, if your argument is it'll take a long time to write, Im pretty sure there's more than one ST member, plus typing isn't that hard…
My argument was not that it would take too long.

Some of the stickies are specialized, and someone who reads one is probably mindful enough to read the others. Plus, in some of the forums, not all stickies are about rules, anyway. There's directories, ITopic links, and guides to advertise, along with all the others in the New Scratcher forum. Would it really make sense to retype what is already written to put together the sticky on rules and the sticky where you introduce yourself? So if you wanted to ask a question, you would have to follow the topic that everyone just posts on to say "hi I'm ?" You don't have to read every sticky, so it seems a little strange to put them all in one post. Would New Scratchers be any more compelled to read a sticky that is seven times longer than normal sticky length? I've changed to no support.
Perhaps if they were the basics and not each sticky compiled into one, Support.
I believe that's what OP means.
Correct! I might do some clarifying xD

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Sticky?

Bump

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile