Discuss Scratch

letyfabiRises
Scratcher
8 posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

Support.

when this signature viewed :: events hat
forever

if <any mistakes? :: sensing boolean> then
say sorry:: looks
end

end
Scratchrules23
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

I hope everyone that says “support” realizes that the Scratch Team may have put a lot of effort into making the About button.

Last edited by Scratchrules23 (Aug. 13, 2015 17:02:28)


I'm a girl that likes drawing, swimming, cheese, cats, writing, reading, making animations on Scratch, decorating cakes, painting and being just plain weird and random . @kittygirl78 is my BFF in real life
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

Scratchrules23 wrote:

I hope everyone that says “support” realizes that the Scratch Team may have put a lot of effort into making the About button.
Adding one link doesn't take a lot of effort.










If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!




or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
ev3coolexit987654
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

stickfiregames wrote:

Scratchrules23 wrote:

I hope everyone that says “support” realizes that the Scratch Team may have put a lot of effort into making the About button.
Adding one link doesn't take a lot of effort.
Yeah. They probably already have a css class that automatically looks like that.
Cythral
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

Instead of “removing” the about page, combine the about and help pages into one support page with links to both about and help. perhaps even add a drop down idk

everywhere: @cythral
rapunzel_
Scratcher
23 posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

Meese123: No support. The about tab is very useful for new scratchers.
I agree, why do you want a longer search bar? It doesn't affect anything

Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.
HOWING
Scratcher
500+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

The About tab isn't a problem for me, but obviously make that search bar longer!!!!

Check out my most popular game! Check out my cool apple catcher! Check out my awesome Bullet Bill Dodge!
missgamer22
Scratcher
5 posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

moo
rapunzel_
Scratcher
23 posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

HOWING: The About tab isn't a problem for me, but obviously make that search bar longer!!!!
Why, (I don't mean to seem rude) but does it affect your searching?

Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.
HOWING
Scratcher
500+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

rapunzel_ wrote:

HOWING: The About tab isn't a problem for me, but obviously make that search bar longer!!!!
Why, (I don't mean to seem rude) but does it affect your searching?
Oh, it really doesn't effect my searching….. Also the about tab doesn't seem to effect me, I feel like the Discuss tab is in the same place for me.

Last edited by HOWING (Aug. 14, 2015 14:51:01)


Check out my most popular game! Check out my cool apple catcher! Check out my awesome Bullet Bill Dodge!
joletole
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

The reason the About tab is in the top bar is because when parents hear that there kids are on Scratch, they want to know what Scratch is all about quickly and easily. This is also why Recently Shared Projects aren't shown to people not logged in. Sometimes, newer projects can be inappropriate that the Scratch Team hasn't flagged yet.

The search bar at the top is so short because the Scratch Team just hasn't…made it longer yet haha. Making the search bar longer has not been there number one priority. Some Scratch Team members are on vacation right now, that's why they haven't been as active. When they get back, they can make it longer for you guys.

-Chris

SDS Curator
Have a question? Ask me on my profile! I will be happy to answer them.
-What is an SDS curator? | How do I become an SDS curator? | Where can I get to your profile?-
Cream_E_Cookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

joletole wrote:

The reason the About tab is in the top bar is because when parents hear that there kids are on Scratch, they want to know what Scratch is all about quickly and easily. This is also why Recently Shared Projects aren't shown to people not logged in. Sometimes, newer projects can be inappropriate that the Scratch Team hasn't flagged yet.

The search bar at the top is so short because the Scratch Team just hasn't…made it longer yet haha. Making the search bar longer has not been there number one priority. Some Scratch Team members are on vacation right now, that's why they haven't been as active. When they get back, they can make it longer for you guys.

-Chris
Well, i disagree. If you log out, it shows ABOUT SCRATCH right at the homepage. So there is really no use, as the only people who need it are people who are just getting started

















Crimson19
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

Support.

Scratchrules23 wrote:

I hope everyone that says “support” realizes that the Scratch Team may have put a lot of effort into making the About button.

It's literally just a word with a link. All they need to do is write the word and link it to the about section, it's really not that difficult.

This is all the code: <a href=“/about/”>About</a>

Last edited by Crimson19 (Aug. 14, 2015 18:17:47)


Scratchrules23
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

What if you could toggle the about button thing? Or make it where it goes away when you go from being a New Scratcher to a Scratcher?

Last edited by Scratchrules23 (Aug. 14, 2015 18:19:31)


I'm a girl that likes drawing, swimming, cheese, cats, writing, reading, making animations on Scratch, decorating cakes, painting and being just plain weird and random . @kittygirl78 is my BFF in real life
Scratchrules23
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

Crimson19 wrote:

Support.

Scratchrules23 wrote:

I hope everyone that says “support” realizes that the Scratch Team may have put a lot of effort into making the About button.

It's literally just a word with a link. All they need to do is write the word and link it to the about section, it's really not that difficult.

This is all the code: <a href=“/about/”>About</a>
Oh. I don't understand computer code other than Scratch blocks xP

I'm a girl that likes drawing, swimming, cheese, cats, writing, reading, making animations on Scratch, decorating cakes, painting and being just plain weird and random . @kittygirl78 is my BFF in real life
joletole
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

Cream_E_Cookie wrote:

joletole wrote:

The reason the About tab is in the top bar is because when parents hear that there kids are on Scratch, they want to know what Scratch is all about quickly and easily. This is also why Recently Shared Projects aren't shown to people not logged in. Sometimes, newer projects can be inappropriate that the Scratch Team hasn't flagged yet.

The search bar at the top is so short because the Scratch Team just hasn't…made it longer yet haha. Making the search bar longer has not been there number one priority. Some Scratch Team members are on vacation right now, that's why they haven't been as active. When they get back, they can make it longer for you guys.

-Chris
Well, i disagree. If you log out, it shows ABOUT SCRATCH right at the homepage. So there is really no use, as the only people who need it are people who are just getting started
Hmm…alright, well I'll talk with speakvisually about this when he gets back.

SDS Curator
Have a question? Ask me on my profile! I will be happy to answer them.
-What is an SDS curator? | How do I become an SDS curator? | Where can I get to your profile?-
Medley7
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

support, though i am kinda used to it now

this account is practically dead, please view my main account M1mikyu
pjm18
Scratcher
27 posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

When you switch languages it leaves no space to extend it.


https://imageshack.com/i/ex13YYTUp

@pjm18 just said something. Cool hu?
Zarlog
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

desway
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remove the about tab and relengthen the Search bar | 75:9 Supporters!

rollercoasterfan wrote:

[Snipped - please don't quote the entire OP - it takes up way too much space.]
I don't support because it dosen't bother me. Sorry.

Last edited by Harakou (Aug. 15, 2015 05:47:53)


I'm an animator, programmer, and helper on the forums. I make a lot of stuff myself, so you can request an animation on my profile and I will get back to you ASAP.


Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile