Discuss Scratch

infinitytec
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

No support. Antarctica is cool (pun intended).


Not here much, but sometimes I lurk.
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything, and everyone.
Woosc
Scratcher
4 posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

I don't support…

Sometimes, people want to keep thier location secret…
Plus, it doesn't do much. It doesn't spam too much like studios…
ItchyCatIII
Scratcher
500+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

Nobody lives there permanently. If a researcher in Antarctica has a WiFi connection, and has enough time and would like to join Scratch, and the chances of that are probably not very high, then why can't they set their country to the country they are legally a resident/citizen of?

I am fairly sure I once set my country to Antarctica to remain anonymous. I shouldn't have had to.

So, I kind of support this.

I support removing Antarctica, but it has to be replaced with a “location not given” option. Currently, the only way to do that is a trick with inspect element that most Scratchers, I'd say, don't know how to do. Or what if they use a browser without inspect element.

Don't you just hate when people advertise in their signatures (and raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip ones. That's just not okay).

#BringItBack
Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

No support, no no no. Antartica is a good country to hide your identity. So…

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.

Last edited by TheHockeyist (Sept. 12, 2015 20:42:34)



Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

No!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.
It's not a country, but good for hiding your actual country of residence

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)


U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?


Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

No support, because some researchers live in Antarctica, although they are not permanent residents, they still live their, and removing Antarctica is like discrimination towards anybody who lives in Antarctica.
(If you don't want people to know where you live for whatever weird reason, just use ‘Location not given’.)

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?
It's meant to be an easter egg Scratch hid.

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?

How does it take up space and waste people's time?
Seriously, you don't have to select Meow, and nobody is forcing you too.
It's just a fun joke.

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
scratchinghead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

Support, there's noone live in Antarctica. It is not a country at all.

Last edited by kaj (Today 18:04:22)
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?

How does it take up space and waste people's time?
Seriously, you don't have to select Meow, and nobody is forcing you too.
It's just a fun joke.
If you didn't speak English, do you want to waste time going through joke languages just to find your language? It's not worth it.


Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?

How does it take up space and waste people's time?
Seriously, you don't have to select Meow, and nobody is forcing you too.
It's just a fun joke.
If you didn't speak English, do you want to waste time going through joke languages just to find your language? It's not worth it.
Still, it's something fun. You don't HAVE to select “meow.”

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?

How does it take up space and waste people's time?
Seriously, you don't have to select Meow, and nobody is forcing you too.
It's just a fun joke.
If you didn't speak English, do you want to waste time going through joke languages just to find your language? It's not worth it.
So you can't be bothered to use your mouse to just scroll done one or two languages only a few millimeters tall?
And some non-english speakers can enjoy a joke too, whether or not you can.

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?

How does it take up space and waste people's time?
Seriously, you don't have to select Meow, and nobody is forcing you too.
It's just a fun joke.
If you didn't speak English, do you want to waste time going through joke languages just to find your language? It's not worth it.
So you can't be bothered to use your mouse to just scroll done one or two languages only a few millimeters tall?
And some non-english speakers can enjoy a joke too, whether or not you can.
Exactly. Just have some sense of humor.

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?

How does it take up space and waste people's time?
Seriously, you don't have to select Meow, and nobody is forcing you too.
It's just a fun joke.
If you didn't speak English, do you want to waste time going through joke languages just to find your language? It's not worth it.
So you can't be bothered to use your mouse to just scroll done one or two languages only a few millimeters tall?
And some non-english speakers can enjoy a joke too, whether or not you can.
WHY ARE ALL OF THE JOKE LANGUAGES TARGETED TOWARDS ENGLISH SPEAKERS?!?!?! THEY ARE USELESS AND IRRITATING FOR THOSE WHO SPEAK OTHER LANGUAGES!!!!!!!!!!!


Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?

How does it take up space and waste people's time?
Seriously, you don't have to select Meow, and nobody is forcing you too.
It's just a fun joke.
If you didn't speak English, do you want to waste time going through joke languages just to find your language? It's not worth it.
So you can't be bothered to use your mouse to just scroll done one or two languages only a few millimeters tall?
And some non-english speakers can enjoy a joke too, whether or not you can.
WHY ARE ALL OF THE JOKE LANGUAGES TARGETED TOWARDS ENGLISH SPEAKERS?!?!?! THEY ARE USELESS AND IRRITATING FOR THOSE WHO SPEAK OTHER LANGUAGES!!!!!!!!!!!
smh

They're just joke languages. They aren't targeted at any language!
Ok, I think you're missing the point. The Scratch team just wants to have fun messing around with joke languages after doing all the serious work making the site, updating the software, etc.

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

-snip-
WHY ARE ALL OF THE JOKE LANGUAGES TARGETED TOWARDS ENGLISH SPEAKERS?!?!?! THEY ARE USELESS AND IRRITATING FOR THOSE WHO SPEAK OTHER LANGUAGES!!!!!!!!!!!
these quotes are getting big
They may be useless, but I don't see how they are irritating if you don't have to select them.

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remove Antarctica from the country list

TheHockeyist wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

DaSpudLord wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

What's going on? Are you guys saying Antarctica in fact IS a legitimate UN member state and therefore is a country or something?

NO!!!

There is no country called Antarctica. Only a continent that might as well be uninhabited.

I still support the original suggestion. Antarctica is not a legit country.
Meow is not a legit language. Are you saying we should remove that, too?

(If you say yes, then you are completely missing the point.)

Yes. Meow only takes up space and wastes people's time. Meow is not a real language. Why is it on the languages list?

How does it take up space and waste people's time?
Seriously, you don't have to select Meow, and nobody is forcing you too.
It's just a fun joke.
If you didn't speak English, do you want to waste time going through joke languages just to find your language? It's not worth it.
So you can't be bothered to use your mouse to just scroll done one or two languages only a few millimeters tall?
And some non-english speakers can enjoy a joke too, whether or not you can.
WHY ARE ALL OF THE JOKE LANGUAGES TARGETED TOWARDS ENGLISH SPEAKERS?!?!?! THEY ARE USELESS AND IRRITATING FOR THOSE WHO SPEAK OTHER LANGUAGES!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Bruh.
2. BRUH.
3. B. R. U. H.

1. English just so happens to be a very popular language throughout the world and is the most widely spoken. Just like in the U.S, people use English a lot, even though people of other languages live here. Are you saying that we should stop “targeting the US towards English speakers” and provide a translation for every language?
2. Just because you dislike something that other people find fun doesn't mean that something should be destroyed- others still deserve to enjoy it.


U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.

Powered by DjangoBB