Discuss Scratch

rookmein
Scratcher
1 post

Report cloud data glitches here

go here to see problem.
Sunny04102006
Scratcher
3 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

Well, sometimes I cannot type.

when green flag clicked
forever
dab
end
Sunny04102006
Scratcher
3 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

define dab
forever
dab
end
T1scratcher
Scratcher
39 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

oh um… I didn't see this when I posted my error.

Anyway. My cloud variables in a game I'm making keep resetting to 0 after a few seconds. When I change it it just goes back. I tried using
set [ v] to []
change [ v] by (0)

These blocks.
andrewsh88
Scratcher
100+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

I have a question. Can somebody go inside the project and then just hack it? Thanks

Awesome Platformer
AWESOME DOODLE JUMP
when green flag clicked
set [ Awesomeness] to [1,000]
TheLogFather
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

T1scratcher wrote:

My cloud variables in a game I'm making keep resetting to 0 after a few seconds. When I change it it just goes back.
Are you using Internet Explorer, or Edge? If so, those browsers don't work correctly with cloud variables, so switch browser.


OTOH, if you're not using IE or Edge, the problem may be that the cloud ‘token’ that authorises the project to make cloud changes has timed out because the project has not changed a cloud variable for some time (maybe you've been editing it, or you've put the laptop to sleep for a while, etc.)

If that's the case then reloading the project should renew your token and allow the project to send changes to cloud.


Also, in case this applies… only ONE instance of a project, from a given user, is authorised to change cloudvars. That means if you open the project in two (or more) tabs/browsers/computers as the same user, only the latest is authorised to change cloudvars.

Last edited by TheLogFather (March 2, 2017 13:08:24)


Siggy the Kumquat slayer:
Main account: DadOfMrLog –– Frameworks for basic pen-rendered 3D in scratch (see studio). Examples:

- - - - 3D Text - - - - - - Simple shapes - - - Controllable structures - - - On the ground - - - - - - In space - - - -

TheLogFather
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

andrewsh88 wrote:

I have a question. Can somebody go inside the project and then just hack it? Thanks
Only the project creator is authorised to send cloud variable changes to cloud while in editing mode.
(The change will still happen locally, though – but with cloud currently always in fallback polling mode, the value will revert back to the value in the cloud within a second or two.)

Last edited by TheLogFather (March 2, 2017 13:05:27)


Siggy the Kumquat slayer:
Main account: DadOfMrLog –– Frameworks for basic pen-rendered 3D in scratch (see studio). Examples:

- - - - 3D Text - - - - - - Simple shapes - - - Controllable structures - - - On the ground - - - - - - In space - - - -

MarioKartStar
Scratcher
19 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

The Cloud is in fallback mode so there is likely going to be glitches.
____________________________________________________
Scratch is still development so you don't expect clean multiplayer games.THE CLOUD IS DESIGNED FOR MAKING MULTIPLAYER AND EXTENDING YOU IMANGINATION
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Just press Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page.
______________________________
Go follow me
change [Cloud By] by (0(pick random (1) to (10)))
when green flag clicked

,
  • Hey
PhantomForcesX
Scratcher
73 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

I named a cloud variable ☁ Message and was going to change it. So I did, and now I have access to an unlimited supply of cloud variables. How? When I renamed the cloud variable, it just made a new cloud variable, and could exceed the 10 limit, as I soon found out. They all work, too. To top it off, I wasn't even using the ☁ Message in any scripts on any of my sprites.

The Phantom Force
Cover for Volume 5
ImCutiePie808
Scratcher
1 post

Report cloud data glitches here

Last edited by ImCutiePie808 (March 3, 2017 09:32:01)

TheLogFather
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

PhantomForcesX wrote:

I named a cloud variable ☁ Message and was going to change it. So I did, and now I have access to an unlimited supply of cloud variables. How? When I renamed the cloud variable, it just made a new cloud variable, and could exceed the 10 limit, as I soon found out. They all work, too. To top it off, I wasn't even using the ☁ Message in any scripts on any of my sprites.
Your project is now in a really awkward state, since it has a number of *fake* cloud variables that will just keep on reappearing when you try to delete them. In particular, they are no longer true cloud variables, but just normal global variables which happen to start with the cloud character – so there is no point having them.

Here's a post I made which explains, step by step, how you can restore sanity to your project:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/2385303/

It's long and tedious, but your project's cloud variables are pretty much ruined until you follow the above steps.


Siggy the Kumquat slayer:
Main account: DadOfMrLog –– Frameworks for basic pen-rendered 3D in scratch (see studio). Examples:

- - - - 3D Text - - - - - - Simple shapes - - - Controllable structures - - - On the ground - - - - - - In space - - - -

ABunchOfCoolProjects
Scratcher
1 post

Report cloud data glitches here

When i got on today, there were almost no sprites in my project.
I either got hacked or its a bug.

if this is happening to you, please tell me so i can get my sprites back- will it be fixed?
BlooperSpoofsCat
Scratcher
2 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/119836517/ - Some of the important frames of my animation i have been working on have just disapeared. The sprites are still there, but my drawings just vanished! im devastated, im afraid to edit anything else in case the same thing happens. it already occurred in two other projects but not as badly as this. Please help =C
akane_tanaban
New to Scratch
1 post

Report cloud data glitches here

A number of my students reported having sprites and code disappear on them. This was from noon to 1:30 today. They are currently in the middle of a big project, so they were really stressed out. I told everyone to download the project onto their computers and use the off line Scratch Editor. It would be great to hear back about what is causing all these issues. Thanks.

gudnygud
Scratcher
2 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

I have the same problem as akane_taban. My students report code and sprites disappearing on them. Does anyone have information on what is going on?
BlooperSpoofsCat
Scratcher
2 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

scratch team
PhantomForcesX
Scratcher
73 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

TheLogFather wrote:

PhantomForcesX wrote:

I named a cloud variable ☁ Message and was going to change it. So I did, and now I have access to an unlimited supply of cloud variables. How? When I renamed the cloud variable, it just made a new cloud variable, and could exceed the 10 limit, as I soon found out. They all work, too. To top it off, I wasn't even using the ☁ Message in any scripts on any of my sprites.
Your project is now in a really awkward state, since it has a number of *fake* cloud variables that will just keep on reappearing when you try to delete them. In particular, they are no longer true cloud variables, but just normal global variables which happen to start with the cloud character – so there is no point having them.

Here's a post I made which explains, step by step, how you can restore sanity to your project:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/2385303/

It's long and tedious, but your project's cloud variables are pretty much ruined until you follow the above steps.

Thanks!

The Phantom Force
Cover for Volume 5
bigusz
Scratcher
22 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

I created a cloud game. There is 2 problem:
1. If I click too fast sometimes the variable don't updated. (Increase by 1, then decrease by 1)
2. this: https://scratch.mit.edu/cloudmonitor/140812973/

I like snails.
PhantomForcesX
Scratcher
73 posts

Report cloud data glitches here

bigusz wrote:

I created a cloud game. There is 2 problem:
1. If I click too fast sometimes the variable don't updated. (Increase by 1, then decrease by 1)
2. this: https://scratch.mit.edu/cloudmonitor/140812973/
Happened with me as well. I don't exactly know what's going on, but it's causing some…problems. For me, (I'm making a livestream project but the variable sync seems to be too slow to create a reliable one. (Get Livecoins, download recent cloudlist, upload new cloudlist)

The Phantom Force
Cover for Volume 5
space217
Scratcher
1 post

Report cloud data glitches here

I can't create cloud variables.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile