Discuss Scratch

Joboe293
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ultropia Collaboration - A City Builder, Which is Hiring YOU, NOW.

Username: Joboe293
Job wanted: Ideas, minor coder
Experience in that job: I'm pretty good at ideas, been coding on scratch 8 months, also know python and a little bit of Java
Activity (1 to 10): 9
Time on Scratch: About 8 months
Best project that fits your job : Blue's adventure

Signature by makethebrainhappy
r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GoldPing wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

so this game will be like you start a village, build up a military, conquer other villages/cities/towns, establish your own towns, become the most powerful person in the game and of course you will defend yourself from other conquering “monarchs (AI's not real players)” and many other things (starvation. rebellion, wild animal attacks, etc.).
Yep, good description I'll add it to the front post.
The game is basically SimCity right??
nope. MUCH more complicated. SimCity is just a example but when we finish the last version, it will be like 10,000x more complicated.
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GoldPing wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

so this game will be like you start a village, build up a military, conquer other villages/cities/towns, establish your own towns, become the most powerful person in the game and of course you will defend yourself from other conquering “monarchs (AI's not real players)” and many other things (starvation. rebellion, wild animal attacks, etc.).
Yeah it's similar.

Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Joboe293 wrote:

Username: Joboe293
Job wanted: Ideas, minor coder
Experience in that job: I'm pretty good at ideas, been coding on scratch 8 months, also know python and a little bit of Java
Activity (1 to 10): 9
Time on Scratch: About 8 months
Best project that fits your job : Blue's adventure
Accepted. We can now start the game!

Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BTW @r123a and @makethbrainhappy can accept applications as co-managers.

r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hamish752 wrote:

BTW @r123a and @makethbrainhappy can accept applications as co-managers.
alright.
r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hamish752 wrote:

GoldPing wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

Yeah it's similar.
I thought it would be similar to:

r123a wrote:

GoldPing wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

nope. MUCH more complicated. SimCity is just a example but when we finish the last version, it will be like 10,000x more complicated.
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

r123a wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

GoldPing wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

Yeah it's similar.
I thought it would be similar to:

r123a wrote:

GoldPing wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

Yeah I was just trying to explain the general structure of the game, you explained it better.

r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So what's the first version going to include?
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

r123a wrote:

It will have the first “stage” of the game (in villages). It will have no title screen or background and no sound.

r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

It will have the first “stage” of the game (in villages). It will have no title screen or background and no sound.
I have a storyline:
The Scratchy States of Programming grants you a forest (6 backdrops big) and you can do whatever you want with it.
After a while…the Scratchy States of Programming is defeated by the Javia States and you have to fight off invaders (you needed to have built up an army by that time)
If you win, you get a plain 2 backdrops big that includes some lakes and you can make fishing towns and villages.
This storyline is what will be included in this version (if you win against the invaders)
If you lose against the invaders, GAME OVER
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

r123a wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

I have a storyline:
The Scratchy States of Programming grants you a forest (6 backdrops big) and you can do whatever you want with it.
After a while…the Scratchy States of Programming is defeated by the Javia States and you have to fight off invaders (you needed to have built up an army by that time)
If you win, you get a plain 2 backdrops big that includes some lakes and you can make fishing towns and villages.
This storyline is what will be included in this version (if you win against the invaders)
Great! I'll have the assignments out soon!

r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

I have a storyline:
do you think I should add anything to the storyline?
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

r123a wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

I have a storyline:
Hmm… that can be your assignment… work on the storyline.

r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

r123a wrote:

I have a storyline:
Hmm… that can be your assignment… work on the storyline.
I'm fine with that. IN the next post I will post the new storyline (wait 5-10 minutes after this post)
r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You create a small settlement. You explore the woods and find that a Programming Glitches of Programs tribe secretly inhabits part of the forest illegaly. Your advisors say “Build a barracks.”
If you listen to their advice then:
You need at least 200 soldiers too attack someone and after a little bit you get 200 soldiers and you attack.
If you win (you will) you gain the whole forest under your authority
If you don't listen to your advisors advice:
The Programming Glitches Army attacks you.
You lose. The GAME IS OVER.
If you survive the 1st challenge: After a while…the Scratchy States of Programming is defeated by the Javia States and you have to fight off invaders (you needed to have built up an army by that time)

Last edited by r123a (June 30, 2015 03:20:33)

r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

r123a wrote:

You create a small settlement. You explore the woods and find that a Programming Glitches of Programs tribe secretly inhabits part of the forest illegaly. Your advisors say “Build a barracks.”
If you listen to their advice then:
You need at least 200 soldiers too attack someone and after a little bit you get 200 soldiers and you attack.
If you win (you will) you gain the whole forest under your authority
If you don't listen to your advisors advice:
The Programming Glitches Army attacks you.
You lose. The GAME IS OVER.
If you survive the 1st challenge: After a while…the Scratchy States of Programming is defeated by the Javia States and you have to fight off invaders (you needed to have built up an army by that time)
Hamish?
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Assignments are now on the first page! Please put them in the studio when finished!

Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Assignments
@r123a: Come up with the storyline
@moonfairy: make houses and buildings for the “village” stage
@makethebrainhappy: make a base for the building. Make a menu were you can select a building and then place it into the ground.
@Joeboe293: Make up the “money” system. (money you get from buildings and what they cost). Only when GoldPIng has the buildings.
@GoldPing Come up with the types of buildings available in this stage.
@Hamish752 Collate all of this in to one small game.

r123a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hamish752 wrote:

Assignments
@r123a: Come up with the storyline
@moonfairy: make houses and buildings for the “village” stage
@makethebrainhappy: make a base for the building. Make a menu were you can select a building and then place it into the ground.
@Joeboe293: Make up the “money” system. (money you get from buildings and what they cost). Only when GoldPIng has the buildings.
@GoldPing Come up with the types of buildings available in this stage.
@Hamish752 Collate all of this in to one small game.
I already put the basic storyline om post #56. Remember, the whole game of the first version will only be villages so don't include factories,skyscrapers,palaces,etc. in the buildings.