Discuss Scratch

Misty_Air
Scratcher
100+ posts

ITopic- Achieving more followers (for New Scratchers)

The thing with f4f is that after a while you will unfollow the people you f4f withed. And it is not something good to do. Also, thanks for the tips!!

Hi! I have 2 months of experience in scratch( on different accounts). I love helping out, answering questions, and making projects! If you have any questions, please ask.
Have a nice day
SlothandLlamaLOVE
Scratcher
1 post

This was helpful! Thank you!
NanoPIex
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hamish752 wrote:

Hi guys,
If you're reading this then you probably saw the title and decided to come have a look. After all, who doesn't want more followers? In this guide I will explain some of the strategies Scratchers use to gain more followers.

I'm going to start with just a little information about followers. You can follow a Scratcher by going to their profile page and clicking the big blue “follow” button. You can unfollow them the same way. When you follow a Scratcher, they receive a notification saying “…. is now following you”. So, what does following someone actually do? Well, according to the Scratch Wiki article, “Users see the projects of Scratchers they follow in the ”Projects by Scratchers I'm Following“ section of the Front Page. Users can also see the activity (liking, favoriting, or sharing projects) of Scratchers they've followed in the What's Happening section of the front page.” So basically, it will show you what that Scratcher is doing and when they are doing it.

Now, I may be reasonably new to Scratch, but I currently have 16 followers, and that number is constantly growing. When I first started, however all I wanted to do, was be followed. I would just like to say that Scratch is not about followers. Scratch is about sharing projects and being part of one big community. However, it's nice to have some followers, so here are some common strategies:

1. Follow4Follow (DON'T DO THIS).
This is perhaps the most controversial method of getting more followers. It involves two Scratchers following each other for no real reason. Often one will post on another users page “F4F?” Many Scratchers will Follow4Follow always, and will sometimes even have it in their name. I don't recommend this strategy, and it is frowned upon by the community. It also doesn't really show how good a Scratcher you are, and places a high emphasis on fame. There are many Scratchers who follow4follow but this isn't recommended as it won't really make you more popular.

Why put this on if you don`t like it? It`s your forum.

L
mypli
Scratcher
4 posts

Critic2100 wrote:

Hamish752 wrote:

If you are a Scratcher and you have anything to add, tell me here!
Maybe add a picture of your project/profile or whatever you're advertising in your signature.

How?