Discuss Scratch

lunaluvgood
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Scratch Cat's Hideout: Change of plan: I'm renovating this thread. Click inside for details.

Borrego6165 wrote:

I've got loads of members, but only 5 have scored any extra points for doing anything! Where's everyone else?
You could comment on their profiles to remind them.

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Scratch Cat's Hideout: Change of plan: I'm renovating this thread. Click inside for details.

I would LOVE to join. I love to write reviews, and I know some great games made by both me and other scratchers.

Projects 1, 2, 3 are mine others are, well, others. -_-

1: Side scrolled V1.5
LINK

2: The best drawing engine
LINK

3: Scratchpad
LINK

Last edited by jkl0l (Aug. 6, 2013 00:17:53)

This made me cry. NO!!! NOT THE BOW TIE!!!
Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

I would LOVE to join. I love to write reviews, and I know some great games made by both me and other scratchers.

LINK

LINK

LINK

How did you get the small images?!?! And just updating now…
jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

Borrego6165 wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

LINK

LINK

LINK

How did you get the small images?!?! And just updating now…
ON the View all project bar Right click the thumbnail and press the copy image location and put it in
[img][/img]

Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

Thanks! I only knew how to get the great big massive ones!

ALL UPDATED

Last edited by Borrego6165 (Aug. 6, 2013 14:50:05)

mix91132
Scratcher
37 posts

Can someone please review my game? I've posted it at least once…

RIP Scratch account 2012-2015
“It was ok I guess…” - IGN
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Link: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11739064/ Name: “Error!”

Description:

This is a funny animation where someone punches an error. Basically.
It's only 2-3 seconds, so don't worry about it being too long.
Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

mix91132 wrote:

One of the members should get around to it. I'd do it myself but you've already had one from me so it would be pointless. Just wait patiently.
LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

I got a project to advertise!

Deutsch, English, Français, Español, Nederlands
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

mix91132
Scratcher
37 posts

Borrego6165 wrote:

mix91132 wrote:

One of the members should get around to it. I'd do it myself but you've already had one from me so it would be pointless. Just wait patiently.
OK

RIP Scratch account 2012-2015
“It was ok I guess…” - IGN
lunaluvgood
Scratcher
100+ posts

mix91132 wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

mix91132 wrote:

OK
Okay, I was going to do it, but I guess not.

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

By the way, I asked to be a member, and you spelled my username wrong. It's L 0 L, but lowercase. L zero L. Sorry, But people confuse this alot.

lunaluvgood
Scratcher
100+ posts

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

I got a project to advertise!
Awesome project

Math_Addict
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello!
I'm back!

Wanting to close this account, but then I'm still having a couple more things to do before I leave this account.
Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

Defender

Game Design 7/10
It's a very nice game, but I think the top speed for the ship is a bit too fast, and can make the game feel boring.

Originality 8/10
Since you can't find defender anymore, I see the point in making a version on scratch. The use of retro games is occurring more and more on scratch. You didn't really change much from the original game, but It is still a good idea to make one that is easier to access.

Ease Of Use 2.5/5
Okay. The controls are very strange and hard to get used to. I think you should change it so SPACE is shoot, X is smart bomb, and Z is teleport. It's a nice thought trying to keep the game authentic, but it just doesn't work on the modern keyboard,, with the modern gamer.

Difficulty Balance 3/5
This game was a little on the odd side. The ship went too fast, and If you don't hold it down, it is much too slow.Sometimes the enemies don't die when you shoot them.

Graphics 4.5/5
Everything is great graphics, aside from the extra text below defender on the opening screen.

Sound 0/5
The sound effects are a bit overwhelming. A bit too edgy and repetitive. I admit, I wanted to mute it.
Firing Round /10 (This is the addition of the following scores)
Reliability 1/2
1 (A few glitches)
Game Length 2/2
2 (Long lasting or endless)
Game Pace 0/2
0 (Very slow or too long for it's own sake)
Replay Value 1/2
1 (Might replay)
Programming 2/2
2 (It was very complex)
Firing round: 6/10
Overall Experience 40/50
It was a very nice game, But I had to mute it, and I didn't really enjoy it. Make the ship go slower. I was having serious speed glitches. I liked playing it, but after a few minutes or so, it got boring.

TOTAL: 71/100

Key
0-19 I could have made that in my sleep!
20-39 Needs a lot of work.
40-59 An average project I suppose.
60-79 Quite a cool project.
80-94 Wow! It only needs a bit of tweaking.
95-100 You're the top cat!

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

Defender

Game Design 7/10
It's a very nice game, but I think the top speed for the ship is a bit too fast, and can make the game feel boring.

Originality 8/10
Since you can't find defender anymore, I see the point in making a version on scratch. The use of retro games is occurring more and more on scratch. You didn't really change much from the original game, but It is still a good idea to make one that is easier to access.

Ease Of Use 2.5/5
Okay. The controls are very strange and hard to get used to. I think you should change it so SPACE is shoot, X is smart bomb, and Z is teleport. It's a nice thought trying to keep the game authentic, but it just doesn't work on the modern keyboard,, with the modern gamer.

Difficulty Balance 3/5
This game was a little on the odd side. The ship went too fast, and If you don't hold it down, it is much too slow.Sometimes the enemies don't die when you shoot them.

Graphics 4.5/5
Everything is great graphics, aside from the extra text below defender on the opening screen.

Sound 0/5
The sound effects are a bit overwhelming. A bit too edgy and repetitive. I admit, I wanted to mute it.
Reliability 1/2
1 (A few glitches)
Game Length 2/2
Game Pace 0/2
Replay Value 1/2
1 (Might replay)
Programming 2/2
2 (It was very complex)
Overall Experience 40/50
It was a very nice game, But I had to mute it, and I didn't really enjoy it. Make the ship go slower. I was having serious speed glitches. I liked playing it, but after a few minutes or so, it got boring.

Key

Wrote a review.

cookiegr
Scratcher
100+ posts

Advertise my project please?
Title: Dog Paradise
Here:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11589335/
Picture link here:
http://cdn.scratch.mit.edu/static/site//projects/thumbnails/1158/9335.png

Description:
This game takes virtual dog to a whole new level! Unlike most other virtual dog games, you can travel to different exotic places in the world, earning exotic food and teaching your dog new tricks from the natives there! (will be incorporated soon ) As soon as you click on your dog in the tutorial, you are saving a dog's life. This dog was abandoned by a rude couple who was not willing to take the responsibility of caring for them.

Remember, when you play this game, you are saving a loving animal's life! (virtually)

I am a member, but could someone else also review it please? Thanks!

Last edited by cookiegr (Aug. 7, 2013 13:11:59)

Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Defender

Game Design 7/10

Originality 8/10

Ease Of Use 2.5/5

Difficulty Balance 3/5

Graphics 4.5/5

Sound 0/5
Reliability 1/2
1 (A few glitches)
Game Length 2/2
Game Pace 0/2
Replay Value 1/2
1 (Might replay)
Programming 2/2
2 (It was very complex)
Overall Experience 40/50

Key

Wrote a review.
I can see that?

A L L U P D A T E D

Last edited by Borrego6165 (Aug. 7, 2013 14:00:27)

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

Borrego6165 wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Defender

Game Design 7/10

Originality 8/10

Ease Of Use 2.5/5

Difficulty Balance 3/5

Graphics 4.5/5

Sound 0/5
Reliability 1/2
1 (A few glitches)
Game Length 2/2
Game Pace 0/2
Replay Value 1/2
1 (Might replay)
Programming 2/2
2 (It was very complex)
Overall Experience 40/50

Key

Wrote a review.
I can see that?

A L L U P D A T E D
Yaay! Sorry, It's fun to state the obvious.