Discuss Scratch

YoloInc
Scratcher
46 posts

Overrated games

jji7skyline wrote:

Portal. Cool game, interesting perks, not really awesome though.
Did you just say portal was a an overrated game?

eveadelekitty
Scratcher
100+ posts

Overrated games

Animeboy975 wrote:

Also, Super Mario 64. It's good, but it gets too much praise.
NO. FREAKING. COMMENT.

I do like the many funny ways you can die though

YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID SPLATATATATAT
…wait, I lost track back there… What am I? | My RPG!
sportsdude6
Scratcher
100+ posts

Overrated games

banana500 wrote:

coolitsusa wrote:

CN12 wrote:

I don't get why everyone on here doesn't like sky and the yogscast…
My understanding: They post lots of low-effort content, have millions of ten year old fans who won't shut up about them, and mainly post Minecraft videos.
:O How dare you

CLICK IT NAO

GOLDEN GAMER INC.
banana500
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Overrated games

sportsdude6 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

coolitsusa wrote:

CN12 wrote:

My understanding: They post lots of low-effort content, have millions of ten year old fans who won't shut up about them, and mainly post Minecraft videos.
How dare me? Skydoesminecraft is untalented and does not deserve his fanbase. Yet again, though, it's populated by sniveling nine year olds who can't shut up about “budder” and think that poop jokes are the most hilarious things.

3DS FC: 4871-4221-1009 | Notify me before adding so I can add you back!
Steam ID: rock on freaky bro
3DSfan12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Overrated games

In 2018, I asked the Scratch Team to remove all my forum posts to protect my privacy. That's why this post is blank. I've outgrown this website, and I don't want the dumb things I said in my early teen years to follow me around for the rest of my life. This post probably wasn't anything interesting or important, anyway.
berberberber
Scratcher
100+ posts

Overrated games

banana500 wrote:

sportsdude6 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

coolitsusa wrote:

CN12 wrote:

How dare me? Skydoesminecraft is untalented and does not deserve his fanbase. Yet again, though, it's populated by sniveling nine year olds who can't shut up about “budder” and think that poop jokes are the most hilarious things.
Well, actually, he has told his fanbase to stop multiple times. Not that i'm a fan, but its something to be noted.

Also I don't really think Etho is unoriginal, he always finds some huge contraption to build.

epicepicman
Scratcher
500+ posts

Overrated games

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

Animeboy975 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

As much as I like playing Minecraft every once in a while with friends, I still find it to be extremely overrated. Most 9-11 year old kids that I know are absolutely obsessed with it and can't shut up, and usually these are players that have been playing since like 1.4, and haven't actually experienced the way Minecraft was, and when it was much more simple and easy to play. I find the player demographic to be annoying and the game mechanics too convoluted for its own good.

And no, I will not put up a flame shield, because if you disagree with my opinion, please state it politely and professionally. Don't be a flamer–flamers aren't cool.

HotCocoa28 wrote:

As for games I think are overrated…hard to say, really. I would say Ocarina of Time but it is a masterpiece nonetheless, I just get a little frustrated that it blinds a lot of people from other Zelda games like Wind Waker. i do think Link to the Past is a bit overrated though, I can appreciate what it did for the series, but I just don't find it fun. If I had to choose, it would probably be Pokémon Red and Blue, because they don't hold up too well gameplay-wise, and the designs are not the best. It's only overrated though because of Genwunners.

I always found Ocarina of Time to be really overrated. I don't see what is so amazingly amazing about it. There are much better Zelda games (such as Wind Waker and Link to the Past).

As for Pokemon Red/Blue, I can't say it's “overrated”, per se, it's just that by today's standard it doesn't hold up. The gameplay mechanics are almost identical to the current generations, but the art and sprite design are dreadful, even for a Game Boy game. However, FireRed is much much better than the original for many good reasons, so I see that as a sort of save for Red being given an “overrated” label.
I've been playing since 1.4

And the funny thing is, the extremely intelligent boys at my school are all like “MINECRAFT IS FOR BABIES WHY DONT YOU PLAY SOMETHING LIKE CALL OF DUTY LOLOLOLOL RAP MUSIC”

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who has a IQ over 4
1.4 beta? I had meant 1.4 post-beta.

Saying you're the only “intelligent” one in your school isn't a very fair thing to say, though. Opinion on certain video game tastes doesn't determine a person's intelligence.
Yeah, beta.
Good, good.

Post-beta players are scum. >.>
Agreed.

My friend is obsessed with Minecraft. And he's a post-beta player.

Yeah, but Minecraft is overrated. All the 9 year old boys just won't SHUT up about it! It boils my blood >
I've been playing MC since beta 1.8.1, which isn't that long but I've still been playing longer than anyone I know. I miss when it was all hipstery and stuff. (Not that I saw much of that, but still.)

Anyways, my vote goes to the main series Pokemon games. They're fun, but most of them are just a generic RPG. There's really not much special about them. X and Y look awesome though!

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Overrated games

Looking at the posting guidelines for this forum section, what we're looking for is discussions about games that you really like - not ripping on games that you don't like or feel are overrated.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;