Discuss Scratch

puch88
Scratcher
54 posts

Remixes without changing anything

I have gotten 2 remixes without any changes I did not say anything but I am not sure what to do because they were by new scratchers

//Puch88 ROCKS!
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remixes without changing anything

If the remix is without changing anything and no credit is given (the “Based on…” links count as credit), then you can and should report the copies.


Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Check out my latest project, a JSON parser in Scratch
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remixes without changing anything

Well, if the copy was because you are in a collab, don't do it. But if it was done by a New Scratcher, you can still flag it, the Scratch Team will first send a message to them. If they do it again, then, they get banned. Anyways, my point is that if the remix was a copy (with the exception of a collab), just go ahead and report the project.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
joletole
Scratcher
100+ posts

Remixes without changing anything

puch88 wrote:

I have gotten 2 remixes without any changes I did not say anything but I am not sure what to do because they were by new scratchers
This has been the biggest problem ever since I joined Scratch in 1.3. I would report the copiers. But just to make sure, check the scripts and see if maybe they did change something small but not visible.

SDS Curator
Have a question? Ask me on my profile! I will be happy to answer them.
-What is an SDS curator? | How do I become an SDS curator? | Where can I get to your profile?-
puch88
Scratcher
54 posts

Remixes without changing anything

joshuaho wrote:

Well, if the copy was because you are in a collab, don't do it. But if it was done by a New Scratcher, you can still flag it, the Scratch Team will first send a message to them. If they do it again, then, they get banned. Anyways, my point is that if the remix was a copy (with the exception of a collab), just go ahead and report the project.
I was in a collab but they said nothing about joining the collab I looked inside there was nothing changed

//Puch88 ROCKS!
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Remixes without changing anything

puch88 wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

Well, if the copy was because you are in a collab, don't do it. But if it was done by a New Scratcher, you can still flag it, the Scratch Team will first send a message to them. If they do it again, then, they get banned. Anyways, my point is that if the remix was a copy (with the exception of a collab), just go ahead and report the project.
I was in a collab but they said nothing about joining the collab I looked inside there was nothing changed
Well, since they were not in your collab, then go ahead and report the copies. Just don't report the copies by scratchers in your collab.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile