Discuss Scratch

Lukia26
Scratcher
36 posts

Pre-transition info about the transition to Scratch 2.0 thread! (closed)

Lightnin
funelephant
I have a question. Will the transition be somewhat slow, like a few days, or all at once?

We'll probably shutdown everything for about a couple of days - hopefully less. And when we come back up - it's the dawn of a new era.

So I'm here on Jan. 28, when it's supposed to be released. I'm guessing this shutdown already happened? Gosh, it seems like everyone on the Scratch 1.x website are holding their breath! It's like a Ghost Town back there! lol!

“You have to look inside yourself to save yourself from your other self…only then will your true self reveal itself…”
–Zuko imitating his uncle A:tLA, S3
FishingPro98
Scratcher
54 posts

I think you've done a good job but some of the projects lag lots where on the other scratch they didn't lag at all. Do you think you could fix that?
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FishingPro98
I think you've done a good job but some of the projects lag lots where on the other scratch they didn't lag at all. Do you think you could fix that?

Most likely! If you start a thread in bugs and glitches about it, it could help a lot! Just put a link to the project here, and a link to the project on the old site - and describe what seems slower / different. We'll check it out!
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lukia26
Lightnin
funelephant
I have a question. Will the transition be somewhat slow, like a few days, or all at once?

We'll probably shutdown everything for about a couple of days - hopefully less. And when we come back up - it's the dawn of a new era.

So I'm here on Jan. 28, when it's supposed to be released. I'm guessing this shutdown already happened? Gosh, it seems like everyone on the Scratch 1.x website are holding their breath! It's like a Ghost Town back there! lol!

Oh no, this is just beta! We're not going to shut down the old site until after the beta testing is done, which will take a while - weeks - at least several - but we're not sure how many yet. Depends on how things go!
limes336
Scratcher
23 posts

If we have projects that we haven't submitted to the website can we still edit them on the new scratch editor? cause i have alot of un-submitted projects
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

limes336
If we have projects that we haven't submitted to the website can we still edit them on the new scratch editor? cause i have alot of un-submitted projects

Sure! Just upload them! Open the editor in create, and check the file menu.
limes336
Scratcher
23 posts

Lightnin
limes336

Sure! Just upload them! Open the editor in create, and check the file menu.
Thanks!
elfin8er
Scratcher
100+ posts

Anyone else noticing weird formatting on the forum posts? I'll take a picture quick.

edit:

Almost seems like it's trying to make extra space for the avatar.

Last edited by elfin8er (Jan. 28, 2013 18:11:00)

30-1
Scratcher
11 posts

elfin8er
Anyone else noticing weird formatting on the forum posts? I'll take a picture quick.
yes

A
simonida
Scratcher
11 posts

Finaly!

I like trains
scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

elfin8er

edit:

It might be because of the mod tools that you can't see.

Retired Community Moderator
BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

418 I'm a teapot (original - to be read by bored computer geeks)
THE GAME (you just lost)
; THE SEMICOLON LIVES ON IN OUR SIGS
elfin8er
Scratcher
100+ posts

scimonster
elfin8er

edit:

It might be because of the mod tools that you can't see.
Alright, so is it a bug that'll be fixed?
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

So I don't have to download the new version? I just click “Create” on the website?

Play my latest game, Pixel Town 2.
ggs101
Scratcher
2 posts

Is there a list of new/changed features available in 2.0?
elfin8er
Scratcher
100+ posts

AgentCNF
So I don't have to download the new version? I just click “Create” on the website?
That's right

Anyone have any updates about the cloud variables?
scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ggs101
Is there a list of new/changed features available in 2.0?
Here's a good list.

Retired Community Moderator
BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

418 I'm a teapot (original - to be read by bored computer geeks)
THE GAME (you just lost)
; THE SEMICOLON LIVES ON IN OUR SIGS
nXIII
Scratcher
1000+ posts

elfin8er

edit:

Your browser zoom is not at 100%. Press Ctrl+0. (It's still a bug, but you can fix it by not zooming the page)

nXIII · GitHub
Lukia26
Scratcher
36 posts

Lightnin
Lukia26
Lightnin
funelephant

Oh no, this is just beta! We're not going to shut down the old site until after the beta testing is done, which will take a while - weeks - at least several - but we're not sure how many yet. Depends on how things go!

Ah, got it, thanks! Sorry, just a bit confused! X3 I read an article that said it would be going into Alpha stage on Jan. 28, so…idk. Thanks again!

“You have to look inside yourself to save yourself from your other self…only then will your true self reveal itself…”
–Zuko imitating his uncle A:tLA, S3
whizzer
Scratcher
500+ posts

elfin8er
whizzer
Will TiMaC and TiRaP be transferred or just re-made?
*face palm* scroll up. It was asked only TWO posts above you/
It's a question ABOUT that answer. There's a difference between whether they'll still be part of the forums or whether the 1.4 ones will be transferred.
miniluigi008
Scratcher
22 posts

Is there a download for the Beta of Scratch so I can use this offline? Or are you guys still working on it? Is there a way to make forum replies show up in your messages or have a way to follow topics on the forum?

Just smile and nod.