Discuss Scratch

mikeono102
Scratcher
53 posts

Pre-transition info about the transition to Scratch 2.0 thread! (closed)

So exciting! (P.S. Like my signature?)

mikeono102
Scratcher
53 posts

Here I made you a new signature! Use it if you like
Link: http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o548/Mikeono102/image_zps24dce258.png

AshKittie
Scratcher
5 posts

I guess it's probably too late to suggest new stuff, but here goes!
Will there ever be a feature where you can choose what stuff to follow? (Like, if you don't want to get a notification on ‘What’s happening' when somebody loves a project, you can just disable that?)
And also, will there be a way to actually DELETE notifications? It's kinda confusing me with the lack of a delete thingy >_>'
Thanks for reading
jamminjoshc
Scratcher
3 posts

best birthday present ever _meow_
qwerts9000
Scratcher
27 posts

Amazing stuff

I regret nothing
alfiaw
Scratcher
21 posts

Is there no longer a “When (Green Flag) clicked” control block? Can you direct me to a FAQ dealing with that? I teach Scratch to kids and not having the green flag block is very different. Thanks.
Furybird
Scratcher
39 posts

What is TiMaC and TiRaP?

If you are reading this, your connection works.
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AshKittie wrote:

I guess it's probably too late to suggest new stuff, but here goes!
Will there ever be a feature where you can choose what stuff to follow? (Like, if you don't want to get a notification on ‘What’s happening' when somebody loves a project, you can just disable that?)
And also, will there be a way to actually DELETE notifications? It's kinda confusing me with the lack of a delete thingy >_>'
Thanks for reading

I know, it takes some getting used to! Basically, you never have to delete - the old stuff just fades into history. Once you get use to it, it's actually kinda nice.

We're not adding a switch for disabling notifications - but you can always click the comments filter on the left side of the page to only see comments (kinda the same as avoiding love it notifications and stuff.)

Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mikeono102 wrote:

Here I made you a new signature! Use it if you like
Link: http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o548/Mikeono102/image_zps24dce258.png

That's super nice and flattering! Actually though I mostly help with design. I'm not much of a developer - I just can hack the simple stuff! I appreciate the icon though - but I think I'll stick to the transition team sig. Thanks all the same!
dr3w8
Scratcher
100+ posts

alfiaw wrote:

Is there no longer a “When (Green Flag) clicked” control block? Can you direct me to a FAQ dealing with that? I teach Scratch to kids and not having the green flag block is very different. Thanks.
A lot of the hat blocks, including broadcasts, are under the Events tab.

Lights-
Scratcher
88 posts

Haven't been on here for a while, and when I saw the announcement, I literally sat straight up and clapped like an idiot.

; THE SEMICOLON WILL NEVER DIE ;
l0ve1y
Scratcher
100+ posts

*tries to change signature to awesome gif of Legolas from tumblr* *gets message saying it has to be from a certain website* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?! I can't have a signature that isn't an awesome image of Legolas, and there aren't any from the approved websites! AAAAHHH!! I liked the way it was in 1.4, where you could only do it from approved websites in posts, but it could be from anywhere you liked in your signature. Now 2.0 is here and they changed it. I wish it could be changed back.

Last edited by l0ve1y (April 27, 2013 02:01:28)

l0ve1y
Scratcher
100+ posts

alfiaw wrote:

Yes there is! You can find all of the starting blocks in the ‘Events’ section.

puch88
Scratcher
52 posts

DONT DELETE MARIO POWER I WORKED 5 MONTHS ON IT !!!!!!! AND DONT DELETE MY STUDIO MY WINDOWS PARIORIDES

//Puch88 ROCKS!
hoboejoe
Scratcher
2 posts

Is it possible to still go on the old site?
IrelandBoy
Scratcher
1 post

Will all my projects in the old scratch be put on the new scratch project
SFollis
Scratcher
500+ posts

IrelandBoy wrote:

Will all my projects in the old scratch be put on the new scratch project
yes

Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lightnin wrote:

We're not adding a switch for disabling notifications - but you can always click the comments filter on the left side of the page to only see comments (kinda the same as avoiding love it notifications and stuff.)

Some more filters would be nice… and especially a filter that takes out all studio notifications.

Last edited by Failord (April 27, 2013 16:21:54)

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
macmanfan
Scratcher
10 posts

I have multiple questions which have nothing to do with the transition to Scratch 2.0. But i still have a few questions. 1) Why does Scratch 2.0 look like facebook just with SCRATCH smacked on instead? 2) Why is the Scratch Editor mirrored? And 3) Do you dislike my presence on the site for what i did last year?
RCScratch
Scratcher
53 posts

Exactly my point! We can't format fonts at all with the new editor! Please put a font dropdown selector

define {hi}

Last edited by RCScratch (April 28, 2013 18:40:56)

{ t a n g e r u s e  :: grey ring} :: grey ring