Discuss Scratch

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this okay?

So theres a chatroom (or at least theres a planned one) in my steamdots Central project.

It's one of the places in Steamdots Central, which is the main place of my collab.

That's the place where we can discuss things there.
Is this okay to use a chatroom? And NO ONE will be disrespectful to the Scratch Community. All we will do is talk about steamdots. So, is this okay?
joletole
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is this okay?

goldfish678 wrote:

So theres a chatroom (or at least theres a planned one) in my steamdots Central project.

It's one of the places in Steamdots Central, which is the main place of my collab.

Is this okay to use a chatroom? And NO ONE will be disrespectful to the Scratch Community. All we will do is talk about steamdots. So, is this okay?
It is ok…but make sure to keep it clean. If somebody is getting out of hand, clear the chatroom. A long time ago, a discussion was started about chatrooms. (it was started by me) It has well over 60 responses. Some people like chatrooms, and some don't. Ill try to dig up the topic so you can read it!

EDIT: Found it: http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/1327/ This topic has about every original scratcher, I feel so old now! (Kayybee, Magnie, TM_, ihaveamac, jvvg, boltbait, lightnin)

Last edited by joletole (July 23, 2013 15:32:54)

SDS Curator
Have a question? Ask me on my profile! I will be happy to answer them.
-What is an SDS curator? | How do I become an SDS curator? | Where can I get to your profile?-
DotDash
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this okay?

joletole wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

It is ok…but make sure to keep it clean. If somebody is getting out of hand, clear the chatroom. A long time ago, a discussion was started about chatrooms. (it was started by me) It has well over 60 responses. Some people like chatrooms, and some don't. Ill try to dig up the topic so you can read it!
EDIT: Is it in a project or on comments, etc.?

Last edited by DotDash (July 23, 2013 15:34:13)

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.8.5, Chrome 29.0.1547.76, Flash 11.8 (release 800)
scimonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this okay?

Only “safe chats” are allowed - where users can choose from a pre-created list of phrases, or only post words on a safe words list.

Retired Community Moderator
BTW, i run Google Chrome 41.0.2272.101 on a Linux system - Ubuntu 14.04. NEW: iPad 4th gen. w/retina.

418 I'm a teapot (original - to be read by bored computer geeks)
THE GAME (you just lost)
; THE SEMICOLON LIVES ON IN OUR SIGS
DotDash
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this okay?

scimonster wrote:

Only “safe chats” are allowed - where users can choose from a pre-created list of phrases, or only post words on a safe words list.
I think he might mean a studio or project comments that is a chatroom.

Last edited by DotDash (July 23, 2013 17:05:40)

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.8.5, Chrome 29.0.1547.76, Flash 11.8 (release 800)
mathfreak231
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this okay?

What about a chatroom that allows only certain people?

3DS FC: 3239-6065-2543 (Ask me before adding) | AS: Alex~ | X: Alex (DWS)
Ask me on my profile about XYORAS breeding requests!

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.11.3, Safari 9.0.3, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
DotDash
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this okay?

mathfreak231 wrote:

There is still no way to moderate it unless a moderator is with you guys

ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this okay?

What about something like E-mail, where users exchange messages that includes the username, time and date, and the receiving username?

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this okay?

DotDash wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

There is still no way to moderate it unless a moderator is with you guys
Thats exactly what it is.