Discuss Scratch

ClayChips
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

I don't really have the skill, so like any Python Java Lua whatever tutorials? bzz!!!!!!!!!

ClayChips, once had a legendary account called fetchydog567 now just a noob. Waiting to become just the same as his old account. But now, as the time goes by, I know now that i'm not a noob! I'm back! :D



Aryzard
Scratcher
27 posts

Tutorials on programming?

I'll tutor you one on one if you'd like.

Alternately, I recommend something called ‘codecademy’. I'd give you the URL but I'm defined as a new scratcher so I cannot link external URL's.

Java is a higher level language, leave it to last.

Lua is hard to find a use for unless you're modding for Garry's Mod or Roblox.

Python seems devoid, but great for teaching OOP and is really fun. It's used in more things than you might imagine! (that's GIMP 2.0, Blender and many more creative based freeware programs)
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

Hmm…
Small Basic
Codeacademy
MakeThingsDoStuff

Last edited by BigBlueBlock (July 21, 2013 16:27:58)

technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

http://codeacademy.org
There you go.


EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited by technoboy10 (July 21, 2013 16:28:21)


trans rights are human rights
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

technoboy10 wrote:

http://codeacademy.org
There you go.
HA! By 24 seconds!
davidkt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

BigBlueBlock wrote:

technoboy10 wrote:

http://codeacademy.org
There you go.
HA! By 24 seconds!
Nope, you guys both got it wrong. It's Codecademy, not Codeacademy.
EDIT: Link

Last edited by davidkt (July 21, 2013 20:03:30)


Remember when I looked like this? I still do.


Float, my Scratch 2.0 mod | My (somewhat under-construction) blog
ClayChips
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

davidkt wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

technoboy10 wrote:

http://codeacademy.org
There you go.
HA! By 24 seconds!
Nope, you guys both got it wrong. It's Codecademy, not Codeacademy.
EDIT: Link
Okay,that was verry helpful! And bzzzz!!

ClayChips, once had a legendary account called fetchydog567 now just a noob. Waiting to become just the same as his old account. But now, as the time goes by, I know now that i'm not a noob! I'm back! :D



ClayChips
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

Aryzard wrote:

I'll tutor you one on one if you'd like.

Alternately, I recommend something called ‘codecademy’. I'd give you the URL but I'm defined as a new scratcher so I cannot link external URL's.

Java is a higher level language, leave it to last.

Lua is hard to find a use for unless you're modding for Garry's Mod or Roblox.

Python seems devoid, but great for teaching OOP and is really fun. It's used in more things than you might imagine! (that's GIMP 2.0, Blender and many more creative based freeware programs)
Just tutor me Because ya don't have to sign up like i,m too lazy

ClayChips, once had a legendary account called fetchydog567 now just a noob. Waiting to become just the same as his old account. But now, as the time goes by, I know now that i'm not a noob! I'm back! :D



DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

Aryzard wrote:

Lua is hard to find a use for unless you're modding for Garry's Mod or Roblox.
Lua is used for lots of things.

You can't mod Roblox as it is closed source.

Uses for Lua:

Configuration files
Garry's Mod addons
World of Warcraft addons
Lua Servers
Anything (It's easily extensible - you can implement it in C programs and use the Lua libraries)

I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
Aryzard
Scratcher
27 posts

Tutorials on programming?

DigiTechs wrote:

Aryzard wrote:

Lua is hard to find a use for unless you're modding for Garry's Mod or Roblox.
Lua is used for lots of things.

You can't mod Roblox as it is closed source.

Uses for Lua:

Configuration files
Garry's Mod addons
World of Warcraft addons
Lua Servers
Anything (It's easily extensible - you can implement it in C programs and use the Lua libraries)

I said nothing against it, it's just hard to find a use for.

And I said mod? I meant actually do stuff in roblox… derp xD

All of those are true, but not very often you find yourself really needing to do any of that.


ClayChips wrote:

Just tutor me Because ya don't have to sign up like i,m too lazy
Hmmn. If it's not classified as giving my contact details, I'll link you my anon skype account? Just be aware that the scratch moderators can't really do anything about what I do there if that's an issue you have.
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

Aryzard wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Aryzard wrote:

Lua is hard to find a use for unless you're modding for Garry's Mod or Roblox.
Lua is used for lots of things.

You can't mod Roblox as it is closed source.

Uses for Lua:

Configuration files
Garry's Mod addons
World of Warcraft addons
Lua Servers
Anything (It's easily extensible - you can implement it in C programs and use the Lua libraries)

I said nothing against it, it's just hard to find a use for.

And I said mod? I meant actually do stuff in roblox… derp xD

All of those are true, but not very often you find yourself really needing to do any of that.


ClayChips wrote:

Just tutor me Because ya don't have to sign up like i,m too lazy
Hmmn. If it's not classified as giving my contact details, I'll link you my anon skype account? Just be aware that the scratch moderators can't really do anything about what I do there if that's an issue you have.
I think our quotes got messed up

Last edited by DigiTechs (July 23, 2013 12:57:43)


I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
ClayChips
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tutorials on programming?

DigiTechs wrote:

Aryzard wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Aryzard wrote:

Lua is hard to find a use for unless you're modding for Garry's Mod or Roblox.
Lua is used for lots of things.

You can't mod Roblox as it is closed source.

Uses for Lua:

Configuration files
Garry's Mod addons
World of Warcraft addons
Lua Servers
Anything (It's easily extensible - you can implement it in C programs and use the Lua libraries)

I said nothing against it, it's just hard to find a use for.

And I said mod? I meant actually do stuff in roblox… derp xD

All of those are true, but not very often you find yourself really needing to do any of that.


ClayChips wrote:

Just tutor me Because ya don't have to sign up like i,m too lazy
Hmmn. If it's not classified as giving my contact details, I'll link you my anon skype account? Just be aware that the scratch moderators can't really do anything about what I do there if that's an issue you have.
I think our quotes got messed up
All the quotes got messed up and I don't even see where there coming up And I can't share meh skype I lazy

ClayChips, once had a legendary account called fetchydog567 now just a noob. Waiting to become just the same as his old account. But now, as the time goes by, I know now that i'm not a noob! I'm back! :D



Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile