Discuss Scratch

PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pen Eraser

After reading (and answering) this Stackoverflow question, it seemed like adding a “pen eraser” would be a nice idea (especially for 3.0). I'm not sure how difficult this is technically, but it would certainly be a nice feature to have.

Base 10 is the best number system.
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pen Eraser

Actually, it could probably be implemented like this…
set pen color to [ ]
…but with the white with the red diagonal line we all know from the Sprite Editor.

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pen Eraser

WolfCat67 wrote:

set pen color to [ ]
…but with the white with the red diagonal line we all know from the Sprite Editor.
Well, if you were trying to erase something on a backdrop, you are also kind of erasing the backdrop

Support.

Siknakaliux
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pen Eraser

But what about ctrl + z?
WaffleChurro
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pen Eraser

Siknakaliux wrote:

But what about ctrl + z?
I think @PullJosh wants the ability to erase pen once it is drawn on the stage, e.g. A pen mouse trail, or something like that.

Support

Last edited by WaffleChurro (Jan. 27, 2017 04:55:20)

Lets ban Minimods together.
miniepicness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pen Eraser

WaffleChurro wrote:

Siknakaliux wrote:

But what about ctrl + z?
I think @PullJosh wants the ability to erase pen once it is drawn on the stage, e.g. A pen mouse trail, or something like that.

Support
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pen Eraser

Duplicate of this. It's been merged now.

WolfCat67 wrote:

set pen color to [ ]
Transparent pen already exists (although you can't get it with the colour picker), and this might be confused with that or cause some technical problems.

I think the best way would be
set pen mode to [pen v] :: pen
set pen mode to [eraser v] :: pen
which would also allow for more types of pen if they are needed in the future.

Last edited by stickfiregames (Feb. 24, 2017 17:46:44)

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
humantorch01
Scratcher
85 posts

Pen Eraser

I think that this is a great idea! But there is a work around. For instance: the snake game can have everything clear for every frame. you just have to keep a list of where the snake is(and make a script that updates it). That will also make it rounded on both ends.
forever
clear
in a custom block with run without screen refresh vvv
set [count v] to [0]
repeat (length of [x or y snake v] :: list)
change [count v] by [1]
go to x: (item (count) of [x snake v] :: list) y: (item (count) of [y snake v] :: list)
pen down
end
pen up

end
I give semi-support. For the fact that most pen games just keep track of everything and redraws it every frame. But erasing will make things easier for new scratchers.