Discuss Scratch

Birdlegs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GAHHH THIS MAKES ME MILDLY UPSET!!!!!!!!! [change the featured project restrictions]

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

WillboSwaggins wrote:

Message to everybody: Thank you very much for hating on my character, projects, and ideas. So as of now, I will no longer post on this discussion. So feel free to judge and hate on me from this point forward.
Mm. This is what happens every time we try to convert them. C'mon, Nice-Nice Cult. Let's go.
But seriously. I wish people could just listen when we tell them about the beautiful side of life and how easy it is to reach it, but they just continue… living on the side where they don't try to change themselves, aren't always trying to improve, constantly, becoming a better person all the time. The “swag” people are just at the bottom of the barrel, IMO. Sorry if I offended anyone. Just a very deep-set belief.

Get a sweet lick of my new game right here! It's a tasty one!
Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GAHHH THIS MAKES ME MILDLY UPSET!!!!!!!!! [change the featured project restrictions]

WillboSwaggins wrote:

Message to everybody: Thank you very much for hating on my character, projects, and ideas. So as of now, I will no longer post on this discussion. So feel free to judge and hate on me from this point forward.
Well that's what you get for putting fame above learning.

As a long time Scratcher, I have found new meaning to the name “Scratch”: for me, it means to “scratch that itch”, to come back again and again to realize new ideas in this toy language, even when I'm capable of creating my projects in real programming languages years later. It's a friend that helped me to pursue programming and get me to enjoy its fruit. I'm certain many others who have walked this path as well have grown fond of its importance in their life.
CosmicHamster
Scratcher
100+ posts

To be honest, I have seen many projects that have over 40 love-its and deserve to be featured.

I'm just a little cosmic hamster from Planet NO, which is in another dimension. Are you, too?
(I'm also a forum lurker…)
#PrayForParis
Check out my games, if you want to. I make sure to share a cool variety, but even though I haven't shared much, I try to make each one count, but they can only count to 7 so far.

Coins ~ Ninety Degrees ~ Spiked Walls ~ Colourz ~ Bubble Popper ~ Candy Thief ~ Gameplace
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

CosmicHamster wrote:

To be honest, I have seen many projects that have over 40 love-its and deserve to be featured.
Thanks for your input. I can see increasing that limit. There are a lot more people on the site than there used to be - it makes sense that we should increase it to better reflect that reality. It's under discussion at the moment - I'll let you know when we decide

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
Birdlegs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paddle2See wrote:

CosmicHamster wrote:

Thanks for your input. I can see increasing that limit. There are a lot more people on the site than there used to be - it makes sense that we should increase it to better reflect that reality. It's under discussion at the moment - I'll let you know when we decide
And here comes Paddle to make us all look pretty silly ;D Maybe we shouldn't have focused on the small details so much :3

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Adding to the issue, I know you're upset because you're popular but never got a project featured. Be thankful for what you earned. Chances of getting featured are not weighed by fame, it's by interest. This means when you're popular, you don't need to be featured.

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (April 29, 2015 21:00:11)

sophiasrivastava
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zro716 wrote:

I have to agree with ChocolatePi's post. For comparison, about 20 of my 140 projects have been seen on the front page, and not one was featured, but I don't complain because I'm more interested in seeing what I can do, not always trying to please everybody.
I agree.

Thanks, sophiasrivastava
I hate the 60 second rule. Do you? Comment on my Project talk.

sophiasrivastava
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

Adding to the issue, I know you're upset because you're popular but never got a project featured. Be thankful for what you earned. Chances of getting featured are not weighed by fame, it's by interest. This means when you're popular, you don't need to be featured.
Yes. I second that.

Thanks, sophiasrivastava
I hate the 60 second rule. Do you? Comment on my Project talk.

Birdlegs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think it's funny how you never realize how bad your projects are until you get to the next rung… My latest project, Falling Horace 2, just looks like a disaster. I spent a lot of work on it, but the gameplay is uninteresting and it lagged a lot, as I was a big fan of forever loops then. Point is, we believe our projects are good when they're not. There's always room for improvement. Even at the top. So maybe they're good, just not as good as we think.

ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

WillboSwaggins wrote:

Mm. This is what happens every time we try to convert them. C'mon, Nice-Nice Cult. Let's go.
praise speakvisually

Did I say that out loud?
Birdlegs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChocolatePi wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

WillboSwaggins wrote:

praise speakvisually

Did I say that out loud?
I didn't hear anything…

ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

ChocolatePi wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

WillboSwaggins wrote:

praise speakvisually

Did I say that out loud?
I didn't hear anything…
Must've been my imagination then.
Birdlegs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChocolatePi wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

ChocolatePi wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

WillboSwaggins wrote:

praise speakvisually

Did I say that out loud?
I didn't hear anything…
Must've been my imagination then.
Probably ;D

Critic2100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

I think it's funny how you never realize how bad your projects are until you get to the next rung… My latest project, Falling Horace 2, just looks like a disaster. I spent a lot of work on it, but the gameplay is uninteresting and it lagged a lot, as I was a big fan of forever loops then. Point is, we believe our projects are good when they're not. There's always room for improvement. Even at the top. So maybe they're good, just not as good as we think.
Yeah. Ever since Critic OS v. 1.1 came out, I've been noticing how undeveloped Critic OS v. 1.0 is, and I was really happy with it in the beginning.

Critic2100 ~ kateskipper~ SaveOurPlanet ~ -Writer- ~ Donate Internetz Please
The rest of this signature is in a ;s stomach.
Critic2100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChocolatePi wrote:

Wait, wait, wait, what are you complaining about?

Your games ‘360’, ‘QUANTUM’ and ‘COMET’ have been on the front page, more than 2 times each one under top loved and curated positions.
I could understand if you didn't have any front pages, but you've had several. You've had at least 3 out of your 6 projects on there.
You've got it made. Why are you worrying so much about getting featured?

The way I see it, you're fine. You have nothing to complain about as you are popular and growing.
Yeah… I agree. By the way, we're not hating.

Oh, by the way @WilboSwaggins, you're complaining that you haven't been featured? You've been on the frontage 8 times?!

Birdlegs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Yeah. Ever since Critic OS v. 1.1 came out, I've been noticing how undeveloped Critic OS v. 1.0 is, and I was really happy with it in the beginning.
The weird ways of the world… At least it's good to know we're always improving

Critic2100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Yeah. I'm pretty sure once Critic OS v. 1.2 comes out, I'll be thinking, “I really thought v. 1.1 was good?”

Birdlegs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Yeah. I'm pretty sure once Critic OS v. 1.2 comes out, I'll be thinking, “I really thought v. 1.1 was good?”
;D Probably. Also, why is OS-making such a big thing on Scratch? Wondering I bet I'll look back at this huge collab one day and just go… okay.

Critic2100
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

;D Probably. Also, why is OS-making such a big thing on Scratch? Wondering I bet I'll look back at this huge collab one day and just go… okay.
Yeah. I think that there are about 5 collabs making OS's, and two or three people I'm in a collab with are also making OS's. I'm actually in a collab that's making an OS. .

Last edited by Critic2100 (April 30, 2015 01:03:46)

Birdlegs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Critic2100 wrote:

JoeyTheChicken wrote:

Yeah. I think that there are about 5 collabs making OS's, and two or three people I'm in a collab with are also making OS's. I'm actually in a collab that's making an OS. .
Haha ^~^ That's a big OS party