Discuss Scratch

ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

Achieving more views (and love it's)

spaceyJC wrote:

Awesome guide, I think I will try some of these things out!
And, I AM designing an OS simulator! It is still in its early stages, in fact, I just barely shared my first test of it. More of it will come in further testing.
Well, here it is: SpiralOS Hope you like it!

Thanks

Hope they help. Nice project.

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
lisafireball
Scratcher
100+ posts

JesusLover_99
Scratcher
100+ posts

Awesome form! Please check out my game, Cat N' Mouse Chase V 1.3 ! It needs some more views and stuff.

I am starting a small business called Smiles Across The U.S.
ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

JesusLover_99 wrote:

Awesome form! Please check out my game, Cat N' Mouse Chase V 1.3 ! It needs some more views and stuff.
Sure, but you shouldn't spam.

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Fjordviking
Scratcher
48 posts

I am new to scratch do u know where the best spot to advertise my game is?

'Sup! I'm Fjordviking. If you need members in a collab or help advertising a project, contact me on my profile page and I will respond ASAP.

add [y010=bac0n] to [my mouth]
JesusLover_99
Scratcher
100+ posts

ssss wrote:

JesusLover_99 wrote:

But isn't this form “Get more views and love its”???? I thought this is where you put that? Where do you put that then?

I am starting a small business called Smiles Across The U.S.
jh1234l
Scratcher
100+ posts

JesusLover_99 wrote:

ssss wrote:

JesusLover_99 wrote:

But isn't this form “Get more views and love its”???? I thought this is where you put that? Where do you put that then?
You make a separate topic.

Two Advertising and sharing groups:
Scratch Cat's Hideout: Home Page / Advertise! / Members / Write A Review / Read A Review / FAQs
Scratching fame:

Lilyfall429
Scratcher
40 posts

WOW. This is going to help me loads! It's awesome, I love your guide!

say [I love Scratch]
play sound [Scratch Rules v]
sing [Coding Is My Life v]
when I'm on my computer [I'm always on Scratch]
set pen size to (as big as coding)
ProgramAwesomeness
Scratcher
18 posts

codefreak1234 wrote:

Hello all! I thought I'd ask my question here: How can I properly reset a timer after each session(game)? Because the timer keeps running even when you're game over. My project is called: space-themed dodge game. It's under development!
Use the “reset timer” block.
ProgramAwesomeness
Scratcher
18 posts

I can't seem to get any views…

Last edited by ProgramAwesomeness (Nov. 13, 2013 02:12:17)

Super-Games
Scratcher
2 posts

ssss wrote:

Hi, I'm SSSS. I'm an old Scratcher, but I stopped using it for a while. I'd like to inform you of the usefulness of Studio's, and how to make them the most effective in getting the most views. First of all, I'd like to cover studio's which focus on adding everything. While they may seem like a successful tool in achieving more views, your project is less likely to get noticed, or ‘“love it’s”, as the community will be searching for things they are interested in.

Furthering on interests, I would like to cover tags. When creating a project, you are allowed a limit of three tags. There used to be more, sadly, it was abused and to combat further abuse, it was limited to three. When selecting your tags, there are six main tags. These tags are:
  • Animations
  • Art
  • Games
  • Music
  • Simulations
  • Stories

However, you can use tags of your own choosing, such as if you were creating an OS simulation, you might choose the main tag Simulations, another tag called OS and perhaps also cover it under Games. Then, someone interested in OS Simulations would be able to search the site, with your project now identified as being a simulation, and an OS.

These tags can be complemented using studios. If you are designing an OS simulator simply post a link of it on this topic, and I will add it to my Studio asap. Adding your project to a studio relevant to your project is more likely to get people with the interests of that topic to view your project. Such as the other people developing similar projects to you. They may like to see what you've done differently to them. It is THEIR interest as well. These studio's can be functional in drawing together a group of similar minded figures. You may even end up collaborating on a new project together!

USER SUBMISSIONS:
These submissions have not been tested by me. They have been added in hopes that you will find them useful. If any of these work well, PLEASE, post a reply saying if it did or not :)

clickforgames wrote:

Hello, I'm clickforgames. I haven't logged in quite a while, but I'd like to also give some tips myself.

My first project, Switch, was a front pager in just over 24 hours. How did I do this? I was able to get a group of friends (or followers so to speak) by browsing the New Projects section. I gave positive and critical feedback that they would appreciate. In turn, I assume they viewed my profile. When I released my first project, several of those people clicked on it giving it attention, so it didn't just pass the eye of the community like projects normally do. Over night, it gradually moved up the Top Loved. My 2nd project Ghost also became a moderate. success.

For my 3rd project, I made a compilation of screenshots of projects called Projects from the Underground. It is a collection of projects I saw while browsing the New Projects section, that I felt were outstanding and deserved more attention. Using the left-over success I had from my first two projects, I was able to help get Lord of Knights to the front page, and Epic Nighmare and Flightboy acheived moderate success. I made Vol. 2 the week after, it helped to get StarHawk: Reborn to the front page, and The Rocket Jumper acheived moderate success. If someone could do this again, that'd be great. Unfortunately, I'm busy with other stuff.

Happy Scratching,
clickforgames

For now, this is all of my guide to achieve more views. More content will be added as I discover new methods of achieving more views, and as more people view the topic.
Cool!

when green flag clicked
say [I am now a scratcher!] for (2) secs
have a [party v]
set [party awesomeness v] to [really awesome!]
forever
continue partying!
end
Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can we please at least increase the tag limit to 5? That doesn't seem too abusable to me.

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
WarriorNinja983
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm not really that popular, but I do have a few tips.

Firstly, use your own projects! What I mean is using the notes and credits.
What not to do:
(Notes and credits here then):
Look at my other projects!
(or)
Here are all my other projects! See them too!!!

What you should do:
Say if the the project was about, say, warrior cats, if you have more projects about warrior cats, at the bottom say something like “Did you like this?Then you might like this too! (link to project)” or like “Are you a warrior cat fan? Try these other warrior cat projects by me!” Therefore if one project gets popular, your other projects with the same theme have a chance of getting popular as well.

Another tip would be getting other people interested. Firstly, find a scratcher that is popular, and likes some things that you like. Then you could say, “Hi! I'm really inspired by your projects about (whatever theme is), and I made one of my own. I was wondering if you were interested?” Make sure you ask politely. With this technique, the popular scratcher may love of fave the project. Since popular people have plenty of followers, the followers will be notified on the ‘what’s happening' page. It will say that the popular guy loved and/or faved your project. Seeming that they are popular, the followers may view the project themselves. This is one heavy step to success, but be warned - not all scratchers take it kindly. Some may take it as spam, so be sure to get to know the scratcher first.

Well, that's all the tips I can give, so happy scratching!
~ WarriorNinja983

jadiker
Scratcher
28 posts

Is providing constructive criticism and then asking the person to go onto your projects and do the same considered spam?
jadiker
Scratcher
28 posts

codefreak1234 wrote:

Hello all! I thought I'd ask my question here: How can I properly reset a timer after each session(game)? Because the timer keeps running even when you're game over. My project is called: space-themed dodge game. It's under development!

I looked at your game but could not figure out what you meant… I saw that someone helped you so I am not sure if this is fixed now or not.
WarriorNinja983
Scratcher
100+ posts

jadiker wrote:

Is providing constructive criticism and then asking the person to go onto your projects and do the same considered spam?
You must have gotten confused. They don't ask the person to look at their projects, the owner of the project appreciates the feedback and checks the user's projects so they can give feedback in return, or something along the lines.

jadiker
Scratcher
28 posts

WarriorNinja983 wrote:

jadiker wrote:

You must have gotten confused. They don't ask the person to look at their projects, the owner of the project appreciates the feedback and checks the user's projects so they can give feedback in return, or something along the lines.

I know, but I st do ask because they normally don't look, so I'm wondering if that is considered spam.
MMHMMH
Scratcher
100+ posts

codefreak1234 wrote:

maybe instead of using the
(timer)
you can make variable with this script:
when green flag clicked
forever

set [whatever v] to (current [second v])
end
when green flag clicked
set [whatever v] to [0]
because at the end (when the little stop-sighny thing) is active it will stop.

Last edited by MMHMMH (Dec. 18, 2013 22:04:24)

I don't feel like writing a signature….
Joey835
Scratcher
34 posts

Bit weird… I made 2 awesome games called The Candy Cane part 1 and 2, and I made lyrics for a song with just words no background. And the lyrics got more views and favs, whereas my awesome game got just a few likes and favs…
when green flag clicked
say [I do not get it...] for (2) secs
play sound [Fail v]

Last edited by Joey835 (Dec. 28, 2013 23:43:52)

[#FFF][#543][#543][#543][#FFF][#923][#923][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#102][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#807][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#807][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#543][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#923][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
.·········· ℬℯ ḉøøℓ ℬ℮ ღℯ ▪ J☮€Ẏ ▪ ℬℯ ḉøøℓ ℬ℮ ღℯ ·········· // category=pen
clickforgames
Scratcher
45 posts

WarriorNinja983 wrote:

I'm not really that popular, but I do have a few tips.

Firstly, use your own projects! What I mean is using the notes and credits.
What not to do:
(Notes and credits here then):
Look at my other projects!
(or)
Here are all my other projects! See them too!!!

What you should do:
Say if the the project was about, say, warrior cats, if you have more projects about warrior cats, at the bottom say something like “Did you like this?Then you might like this too! (link to project)” or like “Are you a warrior cat fan? Try these other warrior cat projects by me!” Therefore if one project gets popular, your other projects with the same theme have a chance of getting popular as well.

Another tip would be getting other people interested. Firstly, find a scratcher that is popular, and likes some things that you like. Then you could say, “Hi! I'm really inspired by your projects about (whatever theme is), and I made one of my own. I was wondering if you were interested?” Make sure you ask politely. With this technique, the popular scratcher may love of fave the project. Since popular people have plenty of followers, the followers will be notified on the ‘what’s happening' page. It will say that the popular guy loved and/or faved your project. Seeming that they are popular, the followers may view the project themselves. This is one heavy step to success, but be warned - not all scratchers take it kindly. Some may take it as spam, so be sure to get to know the scratcher first.

Well, that's all the tips I can give, so happy scratching!
~ WarriorNinja983

Hello, WarriorNinja983

I disagree with your first tip. Because it requires making repetitive projects and as a long time member of Scratch I personally have experimented with numerous forms of projects. I feel it is the liberty of the Scratcher to advertise their self in their notes and credits; and regardless of how you do it, I'm well aware that it works every time. If a user enjoys one of your projects, more than likely they will enjoy another.

Your 2nd tip, I think it is a good idea. I was active before the changes to the Scratch website, so I have not had the opportunity to try it for myself. However, it does seem like a convoluted way of seeking attention.

Cheers, clickforgames

——————–

Come check out Scratch's new chatroom: tinychat.com/scratch2

Last edited by clickforgames (Jan. 1, 2014 02:34:26)