Discuss Scratch

FalconGunner99
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

So I was thinking, how hard would it be to make a userscript that allows you to tag people à la RES on reddit?

I think it'd be kinda cool, if a little superfluous.

; Oh this? This is just my semicolon. I got it a long time ago, it's quite innocuous. Don't worry about it.

You —> http://i.imgur.com/iVHfwLc.gifv

ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tagging userscript

So… It would link to their profile?

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
FalconGunner99
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

ssss wrote:

So… It would link to their profile?
No, like I said, it would work like RES tagging in that you can tag someone, and whenever you see them around on the forums/comments, there will be a little box with whatever you tagged them with next to their name.

Here's how it looks on reddit:

On reddit you can customize tags with colors n stuff, but that's less important here.

Last edited by FalconGunner99 (April 12, 2015 02:07:12)

; Oh this? This is just my semicolon. I got it a long time ago, it's quite innocuous. Don't worry about it.

QuillzToxic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

"
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

QuillzToxic Tagged Cheeseeater
FalconGunner99
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

QuillzToxic wrote:

"
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

QuillzToxic Tagged Cheeseeater
More along the line of this:

MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

$("a.black.username[href=/users/MegaApuTurkUltra]").append("<span style='color:gray;'> - Certified MLG Quickscoping Snipar</span>");
?
It's a start

Last edited by MegaApuTurkUltra (April 12, 2015 18:41:55)

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
FalconGunner99
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

MegaApuTurkUltra - Certified MLG Quickscoping Snipar wrote:

$("a.black.username[href=/users/MegaApuTurkUltra]").append("<span style='color:gray;'> - Certified MLG Quickscoping Snipar</span>");
?
It's a start
Yeah that looks perfect. Exactly what I was hoping for.

Although as I write this I notice it also quotes you as what you're tagged xP

Now… how to add a UI?

EDIT: also looks like it tags everyone else as the same thing…

Last edited by FalconGunner99 (April 12, 2015 19:14:51)

MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

FalconGunner99 wrote:

?
It's a start

Now… how to add a UI?

Yeah IDK how to store tags… I could store them in a server.aputurk.tk database, but then what prevents people from setting others' tags?

FalconGunner99
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

FalconGunner99 wrote:

?
It's a start

Now… how to add a UI?

Yeah IDK how to store tags… I could store them in a server.aputurk.tk database, but then what prevents people from setting others' tags?
Cookies? Local storage would be the obvious choice I would think… I wonder how RES does it?

djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

FalconGunner99 wrote:

?
It's a start

Now… how to add a UI?

1. Add a button that says “Change tag”.
2. When someone clicks the button, they'll be prompted to enter a tag.
3. The geolocation API is used to determine their general location. This information is sent to the server along with the chosen tag, username, and IP address.
4. Field agents are dispatched and head for the target's location via helicopter.
5. Equipment in the helicopter searches for wifi networks and uses exploits to gain access to them.
6. Once the network with the correct IP address is found, the helicopter searches for the building where the signal is strongest.
7. The helicopter lands outside the building.
8. A field agent presses a button that starts playing “Baby” by Justin Bieber at an extremely high volume.
9. People will come outside of the building to complain.
10. While they're distracted, field agents sneak into the building and search for the device that was used to send the request.
11. A field agent opens the browser console on the device and ensures that the cookies on scratch.mit.edu are legitimate.
12. If they are, the agent phones headquarters to say that the tag can be changed.
13. The agents hop back in the helicopter, stop the music, and fly back to headquarters.

!
FalconGunner99
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

djdolphin wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

FalconGunner99 wrote:

?
It's a start

Now… how to add a UI?

3. The geolocation API is used to determine their general location. This information is sent to the server along with the chosen tag, username, and IP address.
4. Field agents are dispatched and head for the target's location via helicopter.
5. Equipment in the helicopter searches for wifi networks and uses exploits to gain access to them.
6. Once the network with the correct IP address is found, the helicopter searches for the building where the signal is strongest.
8. A field agent presses a button that starts playing “Baby” by Justin Bieber at an extremely high volume.
10. While they're distracted, field agents sneak into the building and search for the device that was used to send the request.
11. A field agent opens the browser console on the device and ensures that the cookies on scratch.mit.edu are legitimate.
12. If they are, the agent phones headquarters to say that the tag can be changed.
13. The agents hop back in the helicopter, stop the music, and fly back to headquarters.
But what if they're using a proxy???

Checkmate, developers.

djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

FalconGunner99 wrote:

But what if they're using a proxy???

Checkmate, developers.
Hmm… I have no ideas that wouldn't be a privacy concern.

Last edited by djdolphin (April 13, 2015 02:04:20)

!
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tagging userscript

djdolphin wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

FalconGunner99 wrote:

?
It's a start

Now… how to add a UI?

8/8 great system, would use again