Discuss Scratch

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

Flint-L wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Flint-L wrote:

Does anyone else want to take this? Ty seems really busy to the point of absence, and this order is older than my position as secretary.
kittykat_005 wrote:
Project(A link to the project you want reviewed): Out of Screen
Date(When you want it done): Doesn't matter…
Skill(Your level of skill):This is a remix off a platforming engine so… 6
Miscellaneous: It is based off of Animator vs. Animation
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1650113/
This is taken by Tyman187 – not completed.
You know what? I'll take this. Just to get some burden off of your shoulders.
It wasn't really a burden… just an annoying entry at the bottom of a list. Thanks!
EDIT: Whoa, that was fast.
Yep. Not much to see, honestly.


Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

In the same vein of thought, does anyone with time to chat want to ask nprasad if this order is still needed (Christmas is almost over), as well as apologizing for its incompleteness?

Also bumping these:
jerry1000 wrote:
Can you please review my project?
Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24646371/
Date: As soon as possible
Skill(Your level of skill): High? (I guess)
Miscellaneous: Mark it harshly, post it here then give me the link on the project please
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1667772/
Taken by meowmoo – not completed.

kittykat_005 wrote:
Project(A link to the project you want reviewed): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/57835428/
Date(When you want it done): Anytime
Skill(Your level of skill): I dont know.
Miscellaneous: Be harsh about it. It is my most popular one but I wish it was not.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1667578/
Taken by gcenac – not completed.

Peeta34 wrote:
Type of Art(Banner, logo etc): Banner
Date(When you want it done): Anytime
Style(Vector or Bitmap): Vector
Miscellaneous; A banner featuring what I do, games & engines, with a color scheme of orange & white.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1661395/
Taken by Crimson19 – not completed.
If you've taken one of the above, please complete it or let us know that you can't.

Secretary and Manager of Tropical Waves.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates


kittykat_005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

TheHockeyist wrote:

Review of Out of Screen
Graphics(1-10): 8. Not bad for a beginner.
Coding(1-10): 10
Glitches(1-10): 9. If you go left on the title screen, the stick figure drops below the floor.
Creativity(1-10): 10
Grammar(1-10): 9. It's “don't”, not “dont”.
What you think about their project(Your Professional opinion): Not all that bad.
What could be improved upon(The stuff the needs to be tweaked or worked on a bit): The graphics might use some improving, but that's about it.
Thanks- did not even see the grammar error there And, thanks for noting that glitch, I know why it happens and I can explain it, but I can't type it since my fingers would fall off from typing. XD

[offtropic]I finished standard management in CCCC![/offtropic]

Funny Doge memes.
rollercoasterfan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

I just checked the member listing on the front. One, I think some of the things saying Dedicated, Active, etc. are inaccurate.

Second, and most importantly, there are way too many graduates in Class B. What's the best way to fix that? Most are inactive, and aren't solving our problem of not completing orders.














when [chromometer altimeter v] = [5th length v] and [7th length v] with a [gap v] of (17) ::events hat
forge [chromometer v] altimeter until < (speed) = (velocity)> ::control cstart
switch places with (759 v) altimeters with value of (speed) ::looks
control [altimeter 1 v] at time (10):(17):(58) ::control
end
initialize sequence (24) so [object 3 v] moves to x (156) y (231) ::control
reveal [final answer v] and stop running this script ::events cap
dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

rollercoasterfan wrote:

I just checked the member listing on the front. One, I think some of the things saying Dedicated, Active, etc. are inaccurate.

Second, and most importantly, there are way too many graduates in Class B. What's the best way to fix that? Most are inactive, and aren't solving our problem of not completing orders.
Give Ty a break. I think his power is out again. That's why I don't live in a small town. XD

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

rollercoasterfan wrote:

I just checked the member listing on the front. One, I think some of the things saying Dedicated, Active, etc. are inaccurate.

Second, and most importantly, there are way too many graduates in Class B. What's the best way to fix that? Most are inactive, and aren't solving our problem of not completing orders.
get the scissors out

Sigton


rollercoasterfan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

Sigton wrote:

rollercoasterfan wrote:

I just checked the member listing on the front. One, I think some of the things saying Dedicated, Active, etc. are inaccurate.

Second, and most importantly, there are way too many graduates in Class B. What's the best way to fix that? Most are inactive, and aren't solving our problem of not completing orders.
get the scissors out

Sigton
xD I got them!














when [chromometer altimeter v] = [5th length v] and [7th length v] with a [gap v] of (17) ::events hat
forge [chromometer v] altimeter until < (speed) = (velocity)> ::control cstart
switch places with (759 v) altimeters with value of (speed) ::looks
control [altimeter 1 v] at time (10):(17):(58) ::control
end
initialize sequence (24) so [object 3 v] moves to x (156) y (231) ::control
reveal [final answer v] and stop running this script ::events cap
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

rollercoasterfan wrote:

Sigton wrote:

rollercoasterfan wrote:

I just checked the member listing on the front. One, I think some of the things saying Dedicated, Active, etc. are inaccurate.

Second, and most importantly, there are way too many graduates in Class B. What's the best way to fix that? Most are inactive, and aren't solving our problem of not completing orders.
get the scissors out

Sigton
xD I got them!
*GASP* You don't mean:

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

rollercoasterfan wrote:

I just checked the member listing on the front. One, I think some of the things saying Dedicated, Active, etc. are inaccurate.

Second, and most importantly, there are way too many graduates in Class B. What's the best way to fix that? Most are inactive, and aren't solving our problem of not completing orders.
I think that inactive members are the least of our concerns. If Ty deems them too inactive, he may cut them, but for now it doesn't matter at all - they are just a bunch of entries on a list.

Also we are completing orders, only slowly. The list I have is the same length as it was when I became secretary; orders are coming in at the same rate they are being completed. ^_^

Secretary and Manager of Tropical Waves.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates


Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

jerry1000 wrote:
Can you please review my project?
Project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24646371/
Date: As soon as possible
Skill(Your level of skill): High? (I guess)
Miscellaneous: Mark it harshly, post it here then give me the link on the project please
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1667772/
Taken by meowmoo – not completed.

kittykat_005 wrote:
Project(A link to the project you want reviewed): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/57835428/
Date(When you want it done): Anytime
Skill(Your level of skill): I dont know.
Miscellaneous: Be harsh about it. It is my most popular one but I wish it was not.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1667578/
Taken by gcenac – not completed.

Peeta34 wrote:
Type of Art(Banner, logo etc): Banner
Date(When you want it done): Anytime
Style(Vector or Bitmap): Vector
Miscellaneous; A banner featuring what I do, games & engines, with a color scheme of orange & white.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1661395/
Taken by Crimson19 – not completed.
Bump.

Secretary and Manager of Tropical Waves.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates


dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

I'm telling you……Ty is busy in irl and will probably not respond for at least a week. He said something about holiday parties once, and he may be on vacation or his power is out again.

Thank you,

SS

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

Peeta34 wrote:

Type of Art(Banner, logo etc): Banner
Date(When you want it done): Anytime
Style(Vector or Bitmap): Vector
Miscellaneous; A banner featuring what I do, games & engines, with a color scheme of orange & white.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1661395/
I can do this one.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

dolphin_24 wrote:

I'm telling you……Ty is busy in irl and will probably not respond for at least a week. He said something about holiday parties once, and he may be on vacation or his power is out again.

Thank you,

SS
He was in the Admin thread a bit ago, so he can't be that busy…
Thanks for letting us know.

Secretary and Manager of Tropical Waves.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates


Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Peeta34 wrote:

Type of Art(Banner, logo etc): Banner
Date(When you want it done): Anytime
Style(Vector or Bitmap): Vector
Miscellaneous; A banner featuring what I do, games & engines, with a color scheme of orange & white.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1661395/
I can do this one.
Crimson already has claimed that, haha.
If you think you can get it done before them, go ahead.

Secretary and Manager of Tropical Waves.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates


Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

Flint-L wrote:

The full order list is located here.

Secretary and Manager of Tropical Waves.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates


amateurradiogeek15
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|


The_Tigress wrote:

Project(A link to the project you want reviewed): Dot
Date(When you want it done): Anytime before January 8th : ) that's the date it's going to get curated
Skill(Your level of skill): I'd say, on a scale of 1-10.. 5
Miscellaneous:
Taken!


Work of @PeaInAPod

Come on down and join us!!






When All Else Fails, There's Amateur Radio!!!
It could save your life!
Proud Member of The Holland Amateur Radio Club.
Thousands of clubs around the planet!
Emergency communications!
Lots of Fun!
Join the Ultra Player Collaboration making a Cloud Multiplayer Game!!!!!
Multiplayer siggy=




amateurradiogeek15
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

Review for the platformer “Dot”, by @The_Tigress

Graphics: ❤❤❤❤ Serviceable, not overly flashy/fancy, but they get the job done.

Audio: ❤❤❤❤❤ NA

Coding: ❤❤❤❤ Engine works flawlessly, apart from occasionally getting stuck in the grey.

Minor Features: ❤❤❤❤ Needs some sound.. (I may be able to help with that order later on… just depends if I get time.) You might also consider adding a “You Win!!” screen?

Controls: ❤❤❤❤❤ Flawless.

Overall: ❤❤❤❤ I think the Graphics could be improved somewhat, and also adding some sound. (I'll contact you about this.)

If a Game, GamePlay: ❤❤❤❤ I found it quite easy, which I enjoy, but many other people would say it's too easy, I'm afraid…

Opinion: Great start! Room for improvement? Yes! (When isn't there any room for improvement? )

Also, Congratulations on being Curated! It's a really fun experience, I can tell you!



Work of @PeaInAPod

Come on down and join us!!






When All Else Fails, There's Amateur Radio!!!
It could save your life!
Proud Member of The Holland Amateur Radio Club.
Thousands of clubs around the planet!
Emergency communications!
Lots of Fun!
Join the Ultra Player Collaboration making a Cloud Multiplayer Game!!!!!
Multiplayer siggy=




MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

Flint-L wrote:

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Peeta34 wrote:

Type of Art(Banner, logo etc): Banner
Date(When you want it done): Anytime
Style(Vector or Bitmap): Vector
Miscellaneous; A banner featuring what I do, games & engines, with a color scheme of orange & white.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1661395/
I can do this one.
Crimson already has claimed that, haha.
If you think you can get it done before them, go ahead.
I might…hmm let me think about that. Done! Ha!

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
Flint-L
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

@MegaByteCorporations
Wonderful!
Do you mind completing the other three orders you claimed?
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1692800/
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1683009/
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1669974/
(you don't have to do them all at once XD)

Secretary and Manager of Tropical Waves.

“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.”
-Socrates


amateurradiogeek15
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tropical Waves - |Art, Sounds, Scripts and Reviews|

Flint-L wrote:

@MegaByteCorporations
Wonderful!
Do you mind completing the other three orders you claimed?
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1692800/
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1683009/
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1669974/
(you don't have to do them all at once XD)
Note that I just took and completed the first shop order I've ever done. I see you put it down wrong. I know it's hard to believe that I've done an order.


The_Tigress wrote:

Project(A link to the project you want reviewed): Dot
Date(When you want it done): Anytime before January 8th : ) that's the date it's going to get curated
Skill(Your level of skill): I'd say, on a scale of 1-10.. 5
Miscellaneous:
Taken!

Last edited by amateurradiogeek15 (Jan. 5, 2016 20:09:39)



Work of @PeaInAPod

Come on down and join us!!






When All Else Fails, There's Amateur Radio!!!
It could save your life!
Proud Member of The Holland Amateur Radio Club.
Thousands of clubs around the planet!
Emergency communications!
Lots of Fun!
Join the Ultra Player Collaboration making a Cloud Multiplayer Game!!!!!
Multiplayer siggy=




Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile