Discuss Scratch

ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

Scratch12300 wrote:

zorket wrote:

What happened to the scratch suggestions page?
Wasn't this topic posted in it?
No.

This is the suggestions sub-forum. Not the Suggestions page.
dvd4
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

ImagineIt wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

zorket wrote:

What happened to the scratch suggestions page?
Wasn't this topic posted in it?
No.

This is the suggestions sub-forum. Not the Suggestions page.
this?

Last edited by dvd4 (Aug. 9, 2013 00:28:14)



YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME
Scratch12300
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

ImagineIt wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

zorket wrote:

What happened to the scratch suggestions page?
Wasn't this topic posted in it?
No.

This is the suggestions sub-forum. Not the Suggestions page.
Wuts da diff?

dvd4
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

Scratch12300 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

zorket wrote:

What happened to the scratch suggestions page?
Wasn't this topic posted in it?
No.

This is the suggestions sub-forum. Not the Suggestions page.
Wuts da diff?
The suggestions FORUM is, well, as the name suggests, a forum.

But the suggestions page is a place where you submit ideas.

U understand ?


YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME
Scratch12300
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

dvd4 wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

zorket wrote:

What happened to the scratch suggestions page?
Wasn't this topic posted in it?
No.

This is the suggestions sub-forum. Not the Suggestions page.
Wuts da diff?
The suggestions FORUM is, well, as the name suggests, a forum.

But the suggestions page is a place where you submit ideas.

U understand ?
But you submit ideas to the forums too, don't you?

zorket
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

Scratch12300 wrote:

dvd4 wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

zorket wrote:

What happened to the scratch suggestions page?
Wasn't this topic posted in it?
No.

This is the suggestions sub-forum. Not the Suggestions page.
Wuts da diff?
The suggestions FORUM is, well, as the name suggests, a forum.

But the suggestions page is a place where you submit ideas.

U understand ?
But you submit ideas to the forums too, don't you?
Yeah, but there used to be a page where you could vote for ideas. That is apparently obsolete by one of the above links.

Try out my new strategy/luck game: Battleship!
Scratch12300
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

zorket wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

dvd4 wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

Scratch12300 wrote:

zorket wrote:

What happened to the scratch suggestions page?
Wasn't this topic posted in it?
No.

This is the suggestions sub-forum. Not the Suggestions page.
Wuts da diff?
The suggestions FORUM is, well, as the name suggests, a forum.

But the suggestions page is a place where you submit ideas.

U understand ?
But you submit ideas to the forums too, don't you?
Yeah, but there used to be a page where you could vote for ideas. That is apparently obsolete by one of the above links.
Aww, I would've used that!

Math_Addict
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

Support!!!

Wanting to close this account, but then I'm still having a couple more things to do before I leave this account.
KandythePony
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

support!

easymath123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

Suppourt!


scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

All cloud variables should have the function of open variables.

Also, a “for everyone/just me” switch would be nice - continuing your example, I could make a Zorkash project too.

I am a Lava Expert
TM_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

scratchisthebest wrote:

All cloud variables should have the function of open variables.

Also, a “for everyone/just me” switch would be nice - continuing your example, I could make a Zorkash project too.

No, because when we can only use open variable and you make a leaderboard for one game it will also be in ever other game, even if it isn't for that game. So it would do everything more complex and when you made a universal Leaderboard-script and export it to every of your games you have always to name the variables different what means more work on scripting.


My YouTube-Account: TM_ (TMtheScratcher)
Join the Google+ Community “Persist” and test the latest Alpha-versions and get news about the desktop-game! Persist
dr3w8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

Support.

zorket
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

I honestly think that if you trust someone with your open variables, it's read-only for them.

Try out my new strategy/luck game: Battleship!
blueservine
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

+1, but other users should be given permission from the variable owner before being allowed access.

My signature was a really funny gif of Red wiggling her eyebrows, but I left it for a few months and it got taken down. Pity.
zorket
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

blueservine wrote:

+1, but other users should be given permission from the variable owner before being allowed access.
Yep, the owner has to trust someone to allow the person access to the owner's variables.

Last edited by zorket (Aug. 10, 2013 21:10:41)


Try out my new strategy/luck game: Battleship!
eaglgenes101
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

I Agree.

Last edited by eaglgenes101 (Aug. 11, 2013 02:44:10)

BoyKetchup
Scratcher
96 posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

I definitely support!

zorket
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

bump

Try out my new strategy/luck game: Battleship!
zorket
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bridge Variables (5 Year Anniversary)

Bump, because I came up with a great new use for advanced users!

Are you willing to offer other people your scripts? Sure, some people will take these and use them in their projects. But what if there's an update to your script? Before, you'd have to go to them and ask them to replace the current system with the new and improved one. But with bridge variables, this problem is no more! Set a bridge variable for public read-only use, and your system can read it! Once a user has installed the new system onto their project, the creator can modify that system by changing the bridge variable! Cool, right? (Only that it wouldn't have to be so advanced if we could send text and lists)

Try out my new strategy/luck game: Battleship!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile