SavetheAtlantic

So basically trending with less strict requirements. This wouldn't solve anything. There's still a limited number of projects that can be shown.

Milk909

there should be a 60 second cooldown so no spam occurs

cs2861142

Eagle138 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

scratchgodo wrote:

Eagle138 wrote:

But aren't all projects automatically marked as FE when they are shared? Also I don't think I'll remove that because it provides an additional layer of protection. I can lower it to 10 though, if that's more reasonable.
No there not see this.
I wanted to talk about that earlier, but I didn't want to be the first one to bring it up.

-snip-
Thanks for this! I'll remove the FE restriction.

No problem!

Milk909 wrote:

This is another thing that could potentially be useful to prevent spam, which could also be potentially inappropriate. I agree with this statement, although I believe the cooldown should be longer. Potentially 2 or more minutes?

The-Molten-Freddy

Support… That'll be nice for some people… but, according to the name, wouldn't Scratch have to choose that?

musicROCKS013

cs2861142 wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

This is another thing that could potentially be useful to prevent spam, which could also be potentially inappropriate. I agree with this statement, although I believe the cooldown should be longer. Potentially 2 or more minutes?
Wow, you guys are so generous. I was thinking you should only be able to request one project a day.

Milk909

You should Rename this to: “Chosen by community”

The-Molten-Freddy

Milk909 wrote:

You should Rename this to: “chosen by community”
That would make a LOT more sense than “Chosen by Scratch”. That doesn't make it seem like the ST picked it out

cs2861142

musicROCKS013 wrote:

Wow, you guys are so generous. I was thinking you should only be able to request one project a day.

Now that I think about this, I agree. One project per day seems like more than enough. If the cooldown was only 2 minutes, you still could spam, just not as effectively. One project per day almost completely solves this issue.

Eagle138

cs2861142 wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

There is currently a 2 hour cooldown. I am still considering this, though. Also, I have added that a project cannot be accepted by the program if it is already in there.

The OP wrote:

There will be a 2 hour cooldown for adding projects to prevent spam.

SavetheAtlantic wrote:

So basically trending with less strict requirements. This wouldn't solve anything. There's still a limited number of projects that can be shown.
The projects are shown on a per-user basis like the SDS, though, so although the projects may get less views, more people will see them.

Sorry guys, I think I need to clarify the OP a little more.

The-Molten-Freddy

Eagle138 wrote:

In that case, change the name to “Chosen by Community” so it's less confusing. Your title makes it seem like the ST chose the projects

Milk909

The-Molten-Freddy wrote:

Eagle138 wrote:

In that case, change the name to “Chosen by Community” so it's less confusing. Your title makes it seem like the ST chose the projects
yeah

Milk909

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.
This is a great idea because it allows the people whose projects may be underrated to actually be seen. The restrictions also make spam or inappropriate projects far less likely on the page.
As for your questioned specs / restrictions, it would be smart to not allow Scratchers to suggest their own projects, to avoid potential spam and inappropriate content. New Scratchers should not be able to suggest their own projects, for the same reason.
I also agree with Za-Chary's statement saying that the “Marked FE” restriction should be removed. If the project has 10 or 15 loves, it probably has little, if any, inappropriate content.
howabout if you are a scratcher you can add projects, if you are a new scratcher, you cannot

The-Molten-Freddy

Milk909 wrote:

howabout if you are a scratcher you can add projects, if you are a new scratcher, you cannot
Like a studio?

Milk909

The-Molten-Freddy wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

Like a studio?
sort of.

cs2861142

Milk909 wrote:

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.
This is a great idea because it allows the people whose projects may be underrated to actually be seen. The restrictions also make spam or inappropriate projects far less likely on the page.
As for your questioned specs / restrictions, it would be smart to not allow Scratchers to suggest their own projects, to avoid potential spam and inappropriate content. New Scratchers should not be able to suggest their own projects, for the same reason.
I also agree with Za-Chary's statement saying that the “Marked FE” restriction should be removed. If the project has 10 or 15 loves, it probably has little, if any, inappropriate content.

Ahh, yes, that is what I meant to say. Sorry for the confusion

Milk909

cs2861142 wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.

Ahh, yes, that is what I meant to say. Sorry for the confusion
:]

Eagle138

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'll change the name to ‘Community Picks’ and make it so that only Scratchers can add projects. I might also make it that you can't add your own projects; that might make more sense. Let me know if you don't agree.

-iviedwall-

Milk909 wrote:

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.
NO support for this idea, that's just unfair, since they already couldn't create studios, host studios, and have a longer cooldown in commenting.

Eagle138

-iviedwall- wrote:

Milk909 wrote:

cs2861142 wrote:

Support.
NO support for this idea, that's just unfair, since they already couldn't create studios, host studios, and have a longer cooldown in commenting.
Maybe they can post, but it's limited to 1 project/day for them?

DarthVader4Life

Technically, the Propose Projects to be Featured studio is “Community Picks” as featured projects tend to be chosen from there and the community are the ones who propose the projects. I'm not so sure how this would be so different, but if this were to be implemented, maybe it could repurpose the studio in some way?