_nix

Ah, cool - happy birthday, Pyonkee!

“- Increased max memory limit for loading a larger project” – so you can open larger projects now? That's nice!

I haven't used Pyonkee that extensively, so - did it crash when you tried to open big projects before?

scratchydude1

(-_-) just install Puffin Academy from the app store and install the scratch website

Jonathan50

scratchydude1 wrote:

(-_-) just install Puffin Academy from the app store and install the scratch website
That way Scratch is running on a remote server and you need internet.

Millie_S

Wow!

abee

Pyonkee 2.6 is released now!
https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/pyonkee/id905012686?mt=8
- Improved sound playback response
- “play note” block now accepts float note values as rounded
- “stop all sounds” block works even on float notes
- Minor bug fixes
Enjoy!

abee

We've finally reached 1,000,000 over downloads. Thanks everyone!

blueparrot18

Pretty cool

abee

Pyonkee 2.8 is released now!
https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/pyonkee/id905012686?mt=8
- Now you can import MP3 files as sounds
- Supported bluetooth keyboard arrow keys
- iOS 12 support
- Minor bug fixes
Enjoy!

nar05

is there any chance of there being a pyonkee for scratch 2.0 anytime soon?

badatprogrammingibe

nar05 wrote:

is there any chance of there being a pyonkee for scratch 2.0 anytime soon?
No, as it runs on flash, however scratch 3.0 will support mobile.

Superiority

This is probably a stupid question, but does it work on normal iPhones?

badatprogrammingibe

Superiority wrote:

This is probably a stupid question, but does it work on normal iPhones?
It should.

abee

It's possible. But you need to modify the source code and rebuild it. And the UI/UX of Pyonkee (Scratch 1.4) is designed for PC. So it's very difficult to use on the small screen of smart phone.

BernhardH

Wow, that means, that scratch on Iphone is possible in principle? I would be very interest! First, because my Ipad is very old and slow (Year 2012), second because I like to experiment with the Iphone sensors. Althouge the screen of Iphone may be too small to develop, I could run Projects developed on Iphone.

abee

Pyonkee 2.9 is out! Supports iPadOS 13. We've also provided a wider optimized layout for iPad Pro 11 inch.
https://www.softumeya.com/pyonkee/en/

infinitytec

abee wrote:

Pyonkee 2.9 is out! Supports iPadOS 13. We've also provided a wider optimized layout for iPad Pro 11 inch.
https://www.softumeya.com/pyonkee/en/
I had no idea this was still active.

abee

Dear Scratch 3.0 users on iPad,
Do you know?
  • Pyonkee does not require internet connection.
  • Pyonkee can use many sensors without extension.
  • You can save your project on your iPad without Scratch account.
  • Scratch 3.0 can open projects of Pyonkee with no modification.

abee

Pyonkee 2.10 has been released ! The photo picker dialog, the help viewer, and the size of the argument block were improved. https://softumeya.com/pyonkee/en/

abee

Pyonkee runs on a Mac mini (M1, 2020) and macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, but there are some issues with redrawing, sound, etc. Please use at your own risk.

Jeffalo

abee wrote:

Pyonkee runs on a Mac mini (M1, 2020) and macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, but there are some issues with redrawing, sound, etc. Please use at your own risk.
that's impressive! im out of the loop, can macos run iOS apps now?