_KittyCatCoder_

cat_tap_RESHARING wrote:

I can't stop working on this now- I'm almost done !!
How are we supposed to just stop our projects?
Hey! I had made a really cool project and it took FOREVER, but it got destroyed from that. So I fixed the costumes and loaded it on my computer so that if/when it got completely messed up I could just reupload it. I advise you to do that every time you save so that you can have that project as a copy and it won't get destroyed. I'm thinking about doing it with all of mine.

Cupcake19880

Thank you so much for fixing this!

k1412483

thank you

RSriram2010

It continues to happen for me :(

Edit: Never mind! Thanks!

airplanedodge

Cupcake19880 wrote:

Thank you so much for fixing this!

k1412483 wrote:

thank you
It's not 100% fixed yet. We are still seeing reports of question marks.

cat_tap_RESHARING

_KittyCatCoder_ wrote:

cat_tap_RESHARING wrote:

I can't stop working on this now- I'm almost done !!
How are we supposed to just stop our projects?
Hey! I had made a really cool project and it took FOREVER, but it got destroyed from that. So I fixed the costumes and loaded it on my computer so that if/when it got completely messed up I could just reupload it. I advise you to do that every time you save so that you can have that project as a copy and it won't get destroyed. I'm thinking about doing it with all of mine.
No I meant:

Paddle2See wrote:

However, if you do have projects that were affected, we recommend that you do not do any further work on them.

cat_tap_RESHARING

CatOfLaMancha wrote:

Ok, I have a project that I've gotten some good progress on, but the bug happened to it. It made me kind of worried when Paddle2See said we recommend doing no further work on them cause I have a lot of stuff done and I think I might have to start over. Is there any way I can finish the project without having to start over?
Exactly.

k1412483 wrote:

GamesAlt34 wrote:

It happens because: You downloaded a png then change .png to .svg. It confuse scratch if its a .png .svg .jpeg and more. It cant identify the costume. So it uses a ? sprite for it to not get even more worse.
I do agree!

it's computers get confused and then it changes intro a “?” block
I don't understand why everybody thinks this has something to do with uploading photos.
This happens to just any vector image, no upload required (my project is proof).

_KittyCatCoder_

CatOfLaMancha wrote:

Ok, I have a project that I've gotten some good progress on, but the bug happened to it. It made me kind of worried when Paddle2See said we recommend doing no further work on them cause I have a lot of stuff done and I think I might have to start over. Is there any way I can finish the project without having to start over?
I worked on mine but I just loaded it on my computer every now and then so that I don't have to start over. so if you do make sure you save it on to your device

airplanedodge

cat_tap_RESHARING wrote:

CatOfLaMancha wrote:

Exactly.

k1412483 wrote:

GamesAlt34 wrote:

It happens because: You downloaded a png then change .png to .svg. It confuse scratch if its a .png .svg .jpeg and more. It cant identify the costume. So it uses a ? sprite for it to not get even more worse.
I do agree!

I don't understand why everybody thinks this has something to do with uploading photos.
This happens to just any vector image, no upload required (my project is proof).
It's an issue with the Assets server. It 404's sometimes on svgs

9gr

It looks like I can still reproduce this. I've uploaded the .sb3 to my github page, you can view it in turbowarp here.

Is this what it is?

Try uploading this sb3 to your account. It doesn't save. You can also see that the question mark in the costume editor isn't aligned with the stage view.

samq64

9gr wrote:

It looks like I can still reproduce this. I've uploaded the .sb3 to my github page, you can view it in turbowarp here.

Is this what it is?

Try uploading this sb3 to your account. It doesn't save. You can also see that the question mark in the costume editor isn't aligned with the stage view.
Here's what it looks like when I open that link:

9gr

samq64 wrote:

9gr wrote:

Is this what it is?

Here's what it looks like when I open that link:
oops its a broken link - see https://turbowarp.org/editor?project_url=https://functionalmetatable.github.io/Reproduction%20of%20Question%20Mark%20Glitch.sb3

helloworldbyeworld

hiPeeps124816 wrote:

the js console says the cause is a 404 error when trying to get the costume files from the server, but for me there is no 404 error when I go to the link and it downloads a zip file

Well then I think it’s something on the client side, not a server problem. It should be able to get the file if there is no 404 error.

Barthdry

Paddle2See wrote:

Hey folks -

We have become aware that a number of projects that were edited since the morning of 4/8/2021 may have been afflicted with an issue that caused some of the costumes or backgrounds to appear as “gray question marks”.

We believe we have fixed the issue so that projects can now be edited without turning costumes or backgrounds into question marks. However, if you do have projects that were affected, we recommend that you do not do any further work on them. We are looking into the possibility of restoring those projects to an earlier version that does not have the question marks - and we don't want you to lose any more work.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Oops i deleted the one with question mark i just thought i made by mistake and put it in the trash and cleared it

-InsanityGames-

sw019631 wrote:

That's right, Hector said it.
Who's Hector? An imaginary character or HehtorOCH?

Ankit_Anmol

Thanks

k1412483

cat_tap_RESHARING wrote:

CatOfLaMancha wrote:

Exactly.

k1412483 wrote:

GamesAlt34 wrote:

I do agree!

it's the issue with the assets

AHypnoman

Oh dear - What happens to projects that encounter this issue? I saw this on one of my recent projects and I thought it was just a corrupted SVG, and I deleted the question mark and remade the costume. Could something happen to this project? What are the consequences of editing it?

Chiroyce

AHypnoman wrote:

What are the consequences of editing it?
The SVG files will be completely rewritten on the server - so 99.9% no chance of getting it back (unless the ST has a back-up).

AHypnoman wrote:

Could something happen to this project?
No, unless the server doesn't send the rest of the costume in the project.

AHypnoman

Chiroyce wrote:

AHypnoman wrote:

What are the consequences of editing it?
The SVG files will be completely rewritten on the server - so 99.9% no chance of getting it back (unless the ST has a back-up).

AHypnoman wrote:

Could something happen to this project?
No, unless the server doesn't send the rest of the costume in the project.
Ok. I've downloaded the project - will I be able to reload it? I'm also taking screenshots for tracing just in case.

(I think I may have misunderstood)