ProDelta110

Paddle2See wrote:

Hey folks -

We have become aware that a number of projects that were edited since the morning of 4/8/2021 may have been afflicted with an issue that caused some of the costumes or backgrounds to appear as “gray question marks”.

We believe we have fixed the issue so that projects can now be edited without turning costumes or backgrounds into question marks. However, if you do have projects that were affected, we recommend that you do not do any further work on them. We are looking into the possibility of restoring those projects to an earlier version that does not have the question marks - and we don't want you to lose any more work.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
When is it fixed?

KasaneTeto1

Most people would have already seen inside and done something before seeing this. Maybe you could give people alrets.

Carl0sHernandez

that was a weird bug…

SweetiePieH1

Paddle2See wrote:

Hey folks -

We have become aware that a number of projects that were edited since the morning of 4/8/2021 may have been afflicted with an issue that caused some of the costumes or backgrounds to appear as “gray question marks”.

We believe we have fixed the issue so that projects can now be edited without turning costumes or backgrounds into question marks. However, if you do have projects that were affected, we recommend that you do not do any further work on them. We are looking into the possibility of restoring those projects to an earlier version that does not have the question marks - and we don't want you to lose any more work.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
I have a extention that exports blocks into SVG, when the SVG has a rendering error, it will have the grey “?”
I am not telling the extention name

k1412483

this bug only happens on SVG image imports

hiPeeps124816

k1412483 wrote:

this bug only happens on SVG image imports
I did a non-imported vector image for quartzOS and it turned into the question mark, but I managed to fix it by touching it and fooling around

samq64

It's effeting turbowarp too.

Flowermanvista

samq64 wrote:

It's effeting turbowarp too.
This makes sense, considering the following:
  • “Gray question marks*” are the results of assets that fail to load. (Source)
  • TurboWarp relies on the same assets servers as Scratch to be able to load projects.
*a bit of a misnomer, considering that the box is grey and not the question mark itself, which is black. I much prefer to call them “grey boxes of doom”.

GamesAlt34

It happens because: You downloaded a png then change .png to .svg. It confuse scratch if its a .png .svg .jpeg and more. It cant identify the costume. So it uses a ? sprite for it to not get even more worse.

k1412483

GamesAlt34 wrote:

It happens because: You downloaded a png then change .png to .svg. It confuse scratch if its a .png .svg .jpeg and more. It cant identify the costume. So it uses a ? sprite for it to not get even more worse.
I do agree!

it's computers get confused and then it changes intro a “?” block

_KittyCatCoder_

hiPeeps124816 wrote:

KasaneTeto1 wrote:

So if we have a corrupted project, we are not supposed to touch it?
I decided to touch my corrupted project, and I managed to permanently fix it
Same

k1412483

but however, in 2020, I was REMIXING and making changes to a project and then it turned into a “?”

thewalkman

k1412483 wrote:

but however, in 2020, I was REMIXING and making changes to a project and then it turned into a “?”
There is a thread about this from 2019, so I think it didn't get bad until recently.

k1412483

thewalkman wrote:

k1412483 wrote:

There is a thread about this from 2019, so I think it didn't get bad until recently.
yeah

ShatteredBlade

Thanks for your help.

Chiroyce

Seems like this is a problem with the assets server and not the editor or the SVG renderer

k1412483

yeah

airplanedodge

Nice… the cubeupload outage virus has hit Scratch Assets as well…. /s

Btw, i changed my siggy like everyone else to indicate this issue, linking to this topic.

cat_tap_RESHARING

I can't stop working on this now- I'm almost done !!
How are we supposed to just stop our projects?

airplanedodge

cat_tap_RESHARING wrote:

I can't stop working on this now- I'm almost done !!
How are we supposed to just stop our projects?
close the tab if you see it, ignoring any warning that comes up