fluo1234

aaaaa wrote:

yay you fixed it
ok

hiPeeps124816

I found a fix, I just deleted the corrupted cost and redrew the original costume

Steve0Greatness

Yeah, sadly, I've had this issue, thanks for fixing it!

9gr

never actually saw this happen but this bug is very strange

_KittyCatCoder_

Hi sorry I sent a message to the scratch team about it before seeing this. I am very sorry if it caused any type of inconvenience. I was able to remake the missing files and I saved them to my laptop.

DumebiAnimations

Paddle2See wrote:

Hey folks -

We have become aware that a number of projects that were edited since the morning of 4/8/2021 may have been afflicted with an issue that caused some of the costumes or backgrounds to appear as “gray question marks”.

We believe we have fixed the issue so that projects can now be edited without turning costumes or backgrounds into question marks. However, if you do have projects that were affected, we recommend that you do not do any further work on them. We are looking into the possibility of restoring those projects to an earlier version that does not have the question marks - and we don't want you to lose any more work.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you so much for fixing this know i could get back to my work

Tealseagull

Thank you so much for addressing this issue!

musicROCKS013

This bug is very annoying. What is causing it? I have seen this in other scratch projects but I thought it was intentional until now.

hiPeeps124816

musicROCKS013 wrote:

This bug is very annoying. What is causing it? I have seen this in other scratch projects but I thought it was intentional until now.
in the js console, it says it has a 404 error when trying to load something, but I don't get the error when I load the link myself, but it still has the error in the console

TheMapMakerOfficial

Hey scratch team, that would be awesome. My project ‘map’s magnificent makes' had this problem yesterday, and I ended up saving the project. I hope this problem can be fixed, because I need my project reverted to the previous version as soon as posible, as I want to open my shop as soon as possible! Thanks for working so hard on this, the scratch team is awesome at sorting out these problems!

- TheMapMakerOfficial

sw019631

That's right, Hector said it.

KasaneTeto1

So if we have a corrupted project, we are not supposed to touch it?

hiPeeps124816

KasaneTeto1 wrote:

So if we have a corrupted project, we are not supposed to touch it?
I decided to touch my corrupted project, and I managed to permanently fix it

banana2888

thanks for fixing it!

Chiroyce

Cool, how are you planning to revert projects? I've seen quite a few people affected by this …

BarelySmooth

Chiroyce wrote:

Cool, how are you planning to revert projects? I've seen quite a few people affected by this …
It is probably a problem with their assets server. So, they might just fix it. (but people who clicked see inside and saved the unknown sprites have no way to recover - unless the scratch team has a backup)

PoIygon

I never got this bug because I never worked on any projects but ok

Pianostar4

-InsanityGames- wrote:

Thanks for addressing this!
Also, I'll give you a screenshot showing a case of the issue.

A CASE OF THE BUG GIVEN FOR DOCUMENTATION PURPOSES
It’s kind of weird how the question mark in the editor is off center but the preview and the project have it in a different font and centered.

CatOfLaMancha

Ok, I have a project that I've gotten some good progress on, but the bug happened to it. It made me kind of worried when Paddle2See said we recommend doing no further work on them cause I have a lot of stuff done and I think I might have to start over. Is there any way I can finish the project without having to start over?

hiPeeps124816

Pianostar4 wrote:

-InsanityGames- wrote:

Thanks for addressing this!
Also, I'll give you a screenshot showing a case of the issue.

A CASE OF THE BUG GIVEN FOR DOCUMENTATION PURPOSES
It’s kind of weird how the question mark in the editor is off center but the preview and the project have it in a different font and centered.
that's the case with the svg scratchblocks imports