violin16

Whenever I go to a scratch project I can't scroll down on the notes and credits and instruction. I can scroll on my projects, profile about me and what i'm working on, and studio descriptions. I'm using Windows NT 6.3, Chrome 36.0.1985.125, Flash 14.0 (release 0) and it's a windows 8.1. I've noticed that if I use internet explorer (will edit in version) scrolling works. However, I rarely use IE because my computer slows WAY down and chrome works better with the computer and the program in sooooooo many ways . And my mom won't let me download Firefox because she is convinced it is full of viruses after our last computer got hit with a really bad one. Does anyone else experience this glitch?

Edit: IE version 11

PullJosh

Use the mouse wheel? That's what I do.

violin16

I have a laptop so it's just that rectangle with two buttons on the bottem

TimothyLawyer

Could you link to some of the projects this happens on?

violin16

It happens on all projects that have a scroll bar except my own. So, I dunno, on this project: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24665451/
and this one: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/25052426/ and this one: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24411333/ and way more than that.

3sal2

Try dragging it.

violin16

@3sal2 , I do that's how I scroll on well everything. The problem is that when i drag, it doesn't respond

d0lf1ns

The same thing happens to me! I don't have a mouse (the physical one) so what do I do???

IcefireScratch

Goodness gravy I hope the scratch team notices this thread. It's happening to me too.

Aabshaar

d0lf1ns wrote:

The same thing happens to me! I don't have a mouse (the physical one) so what do I do???

IcefireScratch wrote:

Goodness gravy I hope the scratch team notices this thread. It's happening to me too.


It happens to me too… I HOPE SCRATCH COMES ACROSS THIS THREAD.

P.S.: I love acid pops. Goodness GRAVY?

minecraft51297

Just hit the information with the mouse and then you can scroll down

Aabshaar

minecraft51297 wrote:

Just hit the information with the mouse and then you can scroll down

Wat do you mean? I didn't get you.
I can't do it even if clicking the scroll bar, if that's what you're saying…

tazz4843

Click the info, then scroll

Aabshaar

Doesn't work for me

Aabshaar

i tried, thanks though

Roqubot

Same here. When I try dragging on any project other than mine, it just turns into highlight mode, basically it's unresponsive. I'm afraid that if no one can see my credits, they will think that I didn't credit them (for sound effects that need to be credited).

alalalalalalalal

press ctr+a and paste on a document. then look at the info.

crashingbraverose

The same thing happens to me… It's good to see I'm not alone, but that also means it is a big problem the Scratch team isn't aware of or hasn't fixed yet. I would love to be able to read all the instructions of other people's games/animations/art dumps and such. But the scroll bar acts up ONLY on other people's projects, and it's frustrating.

titanscratch

violin16 wrote:

Whenever I go to a scratch project I can't scroll down on the notes and credits and instruction. I can scroll on my projects, profile about me and what i'm working on, and studio descriptions. I'm using Windows NT 6.3, Chrome 36.0.1985.125, Flash 14.0 (release 0) and it's a windows 8.1. I've noticed that if I use internet explorer (will edit in version) scrolling works. However, I rarely use IE because my computer slows WAY down and chrome works better with the computer and the program in sooooooo many ways . And my mom won't let me download Firefox because she is convinced it is full of viruses after our last computer got hit with a really bad one. Does anyone else experience this glitch?

Edit: IE version 11
Try downloading the latest version of Chrome (58.0 I think) or tell your mom that I downloaded Firefox and no viruses came so no virus will come to your computer. You can also download AVG Antivirus to see if the downloaded version of Firefox is a virus. Also, scrolling the Instructions and the Notes and Credits does work on Firefox. Also try to update Flash because your version is SO old!

P.S. My browser / operating system: Android 4.4.4, Firefox 52.0, No Flash version detected. And the scrolling works!

jromagnoli

titanscratch wrote:

violin16 wrote:

Whenever I go to a scratch project I can't scroll down on the notes and credits and instruction. I can scroll on my projects, profile about me and what i'm working on, and studio descriptions. I'm using Windows NT 6.3, Chrome 36.0.1985.125, Flash 14.0 (release 0) and it's a windows 8.1. I've noticed that if I use internet explorer (will edit in version) scrolling works. However, I rarely use IE because my computer slows WAY down and chrome works better with the computer and the program in sooooooo many ways . And my mom won't let me download Firefox because she is convinced it is full of viruses after our last computer got hit with a really bad one. Does anyone else experience this glitch?

Edit: IE version 11
Try downloading the latest version of Chrome (58.0 I think) or tell your mom that I downloaded Firefox and no viruses came so no virus will come to your computer. You can also download AVG Antivirus to see if the downloaded version of Firefox is a virus. Also, scrolling the Instructions and the Notes and Credits does work on Firefox. Also try to update Flash because your version is SO old!

P.S. My browser / operating system: Android 4.4.4, Firefox 52.0, No Flash version detected. And the scrolling works!
It still happens for me if I don't have a scroll wheel.