yalp235

I’m wondering

PraCoco

yalp235 wrote:

I’m wondering
Shooting games, games encouraging violence and stuff are against community guidelines.

mysterious-neutron

PraCoco wrote:

yalp235 wrote:

I’m wondering
Shooting games, games encouraging violence and stuff are against community guidelines.
Violence is allowed unless its not realistic. For example shooting games, if the character just disappear after getting shot, it is ok. But if there is blood and the character has a very realistic death animation, it is not allowed

PraCoco

mysterious-neutron wrote:

PraCoco wrote:

yalp235 wrote:

I’m wondering
Shooting games, games encouraging violence and stuff are against community guidelines.
Violence is allowed unless its not realistic. For example shooting games, if the character just disappear after getting shot, it is ok. But if there is blood and the character has a very realistic death animation, it is not allowed
Yeah, but he said blood, so I guess it is not possible. Even if it is made, it will be deleted by the Scratch team.

DipLeChip

yalp235 wrote:

I’m wondering
Excessive blood, yes.
If the blood is tame and mild, suitable enough for a young audience, no, but it may be marked NFE (Not For Everyone)

secretagent123

No blood. If the character dies they must disappear without it.

MINECRAFTGAMER2111

PraCoco wrote:

yalp235 wrote:

I’m wondering
Shooting games, games encouraging violence and stuff are against community guidelines.
Yes, it should be removed before your project gets removed. I recommended unsharing it.

scratchykit5743

a diagram of blood contents:

papercut: FE
numerous scabs: FE, as long as they aren't picked
multiple obvious bloody wounds: borderline nfe
puddles/spurting: takedown

this right here is something i wouldn't reccomend for shooting or hunting games, but i've seen some furry memes at the borderline nfe level of my scale on trending.

fo shooters, i'd say cartoon violence only, and no gore whatsoever.

Za-Chary

scratchykit5743 wrote:

a diagram of blood contents:

papercut: FE
numerous scabs: FE, as long as they aren't picked
multiple obvious bloody wounds: borderline nfe
puddles/spurting: takedown
This is speculation, of course. It's difficult to assign project review statuses to these sorts of things without seeing the project first.

scratchykit5743

Za-Chary wrote:

scratchykit5743 wrote:

a diagram of blood contents:

papercut: FE
numerous scabs: FE, as long as they aren't picked
multiple obvious bloody wounds: borderline nfe
puddles/spurting: takedown
This is speculation, of course. It's difficult to assign project review statuses to these sorts of things without seeing the project first.

yes, i know. i just assembled that chart as an estimate, with info gathered from experience

sonic__fan

Absolutely not. This would not be suitable for kids, which would then break the CG (Community Guidelines).

Super_Scratch_Bros20

sonic__fan wrote:

Absolutely not. This would not be suitable for kids, which would then break the CG (Community Guidelines).

Well, not always. For example, if it had education purposes (e.g. how quickly blood travels through the human body), that would be okay. Especially if it's just diagrams, and not realistic, blood is okay in educational settings.

Of course, there might be other settings where they are allowed in, but I'm not entirely sure.

sonic__fan

sonic__fan wrote:

Absolutely not. This would not be suitable for kids, which would then break the CG (Community Guidelines).
I saw your post, Super_Scratch_Bros20. And I want to clarify what I said.

1. If the blood is unrealistic, then yes, it can be in a project.
2. If a character is killed, and then they just disappear, then yes, it can be in a project. If a character dies with blood on them, or they have some sort of death animation (other than disappearing), then it cannot be in a project.
3. If it's something small (such as a papercut or scabs), then yes, it can be in a project.

Mr_PenguinAlex

sonic__fan wrote:

1. If the blood is unrealistic, then yes, it can be in a project.
That's not true. It can't be in a project, even if it is unrealistic.

DorkyQueen98

if it is a tiny but, like a papercut I suppose it will be fine, but a lot, espically if it includes gore,death,scary stuff and things like that then no,

Super_Scratch_Bros20

sonic__fan wrote:

3. If it's something small (such as a papercut or scabs), then yes, it can be in a project.

This is speculation, of course. It's difficult to assign project review statuses to these sorts of things without seeing the project first.

Of course, this idea originates from once when @Za-Chary* saw a project that had a papercut amount of blood that was okay. I think users are misunderstanding the context. The project's message was educational, so maybe that changes things. I am not entirely sure on how much blood is allowed in a project. @Za-Chary* did NOT say that it's okay just to a papercut extent, just that he's seen a project with a papercut amount of blood not get NFE'd.

I do not, however, see any reason to include blood any time a character has a papercut. It is possible that it's allowed, but nonetheless, there isn't even really a point in adding the blood other than maybe how they look.

I believe that a bit similar of a concept was where blood was actually essential to the project. For example, ever watch Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl? Blood is actually essential to the storyline, since anyone related to the character Bootstrap Bill need to shed a bit of blood to end a curse.

It's only just a little bit – but I believe it was taken down. I have yet to confirm that. However, the blood was removed with a knife, so maybe that changes things. Maybe the knife is why it was taken down. Additionally, it could have been another reason – like how the curse turns the crew into creepy skeletons, or maybe it was just taken down by the user. I have no idea.

Here – I'm going to go ahead and make another one of these long posts again, because I have lots of mixed feelings about this.

I'm going to take a look into Scratch Wiki. I only get one result for searching “blood”.

NFE projects may be marked as such because of any minor blood, harsh but not that brutal violence, some inappropriate but acceptable language or content, or otherwise minor violations to the Community Guidelines.

Note the word “any”. I almost want to agree, but that doesn't exactly make sense with what @Za-Chary* said about him seeing that kind of project.

Not only that, but users have been saying that long before @Za-Chary* made the claim on the papercut amount of blood being in a project, and it was okay. For instance:

A paper cut or a drop of blood would be appropriate. Several drops of blood or a small puddle would be slightly inappropriate/NFE. A large puddle of blood or several small puddles of blood would be inappropriate.

(Source)

Then, that would make the Pirates of the Caribbean project with blood more likely to be appropriate. As I've said, it's got some other assets that could have been why it was unshared. But I think it really depends on the context.

I really want to ask the user about where she heard this claim, but she ignores comments, even on her main account. She might respond to some of the more “”“” important“”“” comments only, but let's be honest – ignoring Paddle is too far, which seems more “”“” important“”“” .

I'm more interested (in that same topic) that a user mentions something called the Scratch Appropriate Standards. This is the one and only time that's ever been said, and the user either deleted their account or got banned, so I think it's likely false especially for the first reason provided in this paragraph.

Another user in the topic said 1/3 of a cup. That's an interesting one. No one else has ever said that. I've asked that user where she got that info, and it was apparently just a joke. I'll skip that post, then…

Now, anyway, heading back to what the Scratch Wiki said about any minor blood not being allowed. I checked the edit history to see who put it there to see who to ask where they got the info, and it was the same user I mentioned earlier who doesn't reply to comments on her profile – which puts us into the loophole again.

Most users just say “a papercut”. However, I'd even go as far as saying “don't use it if you don't have to”, since no one really seems to know the rules entirely. Or, even further, I would say, “Don't get the characters of the project into a condition where they have to bleed”, just to be safe, until we know exactly how the standards are.

Now, I'm not a Scratch Team member, and I'm not entirely sure any of it is true. I want to throw out, however, that this idea of “only a papercut amount of blood”, as well as some other ideas, might not be accurate. They might be. It should be hard to tell. I would appreciate it greatly if a Scratch Team member could make an announcement on how much blood could go into a project – but it will just call attention to bloody projects.

Anyway, I'm done with this long post. It took much longer to make than it looks, since I did some heavy reviewing in order to get this info. I hope this helps in some way.

GoogleInScratch

No. Scratch is a site for all ages.

If the blood is unrealistic, then it's fine.
And if the character just disappears when they die, that is okay too.

Super_Scratch_Bros20

GoogleInScratch wrote:

If the blood is unrealistic, then it's fine.

Make sure you read the other posts as well, or you're effectively spamming the same answer.

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

1. If the blood is unrealistic, then yes, it can be in a project.
That's not true. It can't be in a project, even if it is unrealistic.

sonic__fan

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

GoogleInScratch wrote:

If the blood is unrealistic, then it's fine.

Make sure you read the other posts as well, or you're effectively spamming the same answer.
Alright.

sonic__fan

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

1. If the blood is unrealistic, then yes, it can be in a project.
That's not true. It can't be in a project, even if it is unrealistic.
No.