Whitepiine

Why can't we try to sell stuff for real currency? What if someone remixes but changes nothing at all?

karategirl543

felinemeower wrote:

I use points sometimes, but just to have a fun thing to do on Scratch. Is it a bad thing? Should I stop?

It's not bad. Mall simulators are allowed on Scratch, as long as rules made by the sellers meet the Community Guidelines and it does not become a crypto-currency involving an account on a site outside of Scratch (like MTC)

Riddle_Man

Whitepiine wrote:

Why can't we try to sell stuff for real currency? What if someone remixes but changes nothing at all?
Remixing something and changing nothing isn't allowed in Scratch I think.

Selling stuff for real currency is just too idk not Scratch. Scratch is under CC license, so that means you can use whatever's in a different project as long as you give credit.

sti_scratch

Riddle_Man wrote:

Whitepiine wrote:

Remixing something and changing nothing isn't allowed in Scratch I think.

Selling stuff for real currency is just too idk not Scratch. Scratch is under CC license, so that means you can use whatever's in a different project as long as you give credit.
A Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (CC BY-SA) prohibits selling for real money (this is for real, it's illegal to sell CC BY-SA licensed work).

jbrow78

sti_scratch wrote:

A Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (CC BY-SA) prohibits selling for real money (this is for real, it's illegal to sell CC BY-SA licensed work).
Here is the human-readable version(easy to understand)

ahmetlii

And this generally rejected by Scratch Team and the Community.
Yes,you can “maybe” use them in studios,forums etc. but you can't use in Scratch projects.

Note:This is the complete list of rejected questions.
Note 2:I think this is a good example about the credits etc.

sti_scratch

jbrow78 wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

No, HERE is the human-readable version. Scratch still uses 2.0.

jbrow78

sti_scratch wrote:

jbrow78 wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

No, HERE is the human-readable version. Scratch still uses 2.0.
scratch needs to get on their level.

PeterGriffinReal

alright cool

IncredibleStudent

Hello! I didn't know about this.
Could somebody explain it to me?
How does it work?

jbrow78

IncredibleStudent wrote:

Hello! I didn't know about this.
Could somebody explain it to me?
How does it work?
no, this is a discussion on stopping buying/selling things

Epic_TV

I agree. It has been a little out of hand lately.

meliu7

scratchking101101101

@scratchking101101101

scratchking101101101

What are the points for anyways?

nathanpig

I don't know how to describe what I think about these… “cute” is a word that comes to mind.

Unless it gets to a bad point, attacking people for using stuff you put on a public website isn't ok. Especially against people who are outside of whatever little “currency community” you are a part of… They likely didn't even know about that “currency,” and even then their actions shouldn't be governed by something they aren't a part of. That would be like if country A tried to arrest a citizen of country B who isn't even in country A, or ever has been, just because they broke a law of country A that isn't in country B.

bgvikings08

Hi

danex33

How can I sign up for this???

jbrow78

danex33 wrote:

How can I sign up for this???
This is not a currency!!! It is a post that is telling people to stop selling stuff!

leungy13

when
submit
key
pressed
say
active
say
talk about anything
say
and helps with any problems