Since the previous Sonic the Hedgehog topic, about 400 pages, was lagging for some people, I decided to start a new one. Here's a link to the first Sonic topic. Second Sonic topic. Below, post anything about Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA's most popular video game franchise and one of the most iconic video game franchises in the world. If you're a Sonic fan, drop in!
Sister topics: If you're about to post about shipping, direct yourself to the Sonic shipping topic. Sonic fan universe content now belong in the Facts/Concepts about your own Sonic universe topic. For general SEGA discussion, come over to the SEGA topic.
What is Sonic the Hedgehog?
Sonic the Hedgehog is a science fantasy platform video game franchise by SEGA. Taking place in a world where humans and anthropomorphic animals (basically Golden Age of Animation styled funny animals with Japanese traits) co-exist, it's about a speedy blue hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog, who tries to foils the plans of the vicious mad scientist, Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotik and save animals throughout a speed-based environment. Rings are scattered around and springs are ready to be bounced on! As the series marches on, Sonic approaches more detailed and dangerous stories involving Eggman's new plots and encounters of more animals with unique superpowers including Miles “Tails” Prower, Silver the Hedgehog, and Amy Rose. Despite how tough and difficult the solution is, Sonic never loses!
If you like animals, robots, fast-paced action, and/or anything science fiction, Sonic the Hedgehog is for you!
Is Sonic the Hedgehog age-appropriate?
Yes, yes, of course. Unlike most of other SEGA's games, Sonic the Hedgehog is kid-friendly video game series and suitable for all ages. There's some cartoon violence, such as robots being smashed and Sonic falling with this rings tossed, however it's pretty mild and contains no gore. Some games have darker concepts, for example: Sonic gets killed in Sonic ‘06 and Shadow uses guns in Shadow the Hedgehog; but it’s no big deal. Be careful though, some Sonic fan content are obscene and inappropriate for minors.
Resources for learning about the blue blur
- Sonic the Hedgehog Official Website, some little bit of updates and laughs!
- Sonic Channel, the Japanese official Sonic site, with updates, info on characters, cool graphics, and more! (NOTICE: In Japanese, so you may wanna use Google Translate)
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Wikipedia article, clear overview of the franchise
- Sonic News Network, the biggest Sonic wiki (RECOMMENDED FOR NEWBIES)
- Sonic Retro, another Sonic wiki, but with more dig into the unofficial*
- Sonic Stadium, a Sonic news site with bits of updates, fan content, and more*
- TSSZ (The Super Sonic Zone) News, another Sonic news site (ALSO INCLUDES SEGA NEWS)
- Sonic Gear, info on various Sonic merchandise from around the world (USEFUL FOR ANY COLLECTORS)
- Google is your friend.
Things you can talk about or share
- All of the Sonic games, modern, Dreamcast, or classic
- Yo' favorite characters, either hero, anti-hero, or villain
- Catchy Sonic music, with lyrics or not
- Sonic TV shows (such as Sonic X and Boom)
- Sonic Moblie apps
- Sonic comic books (Archie, STC, and IDW)
- Sonic OVA
- The upcoming Sonic film
- The Sonic fandom (fan art, fan fiction, fangames, fan videos, fan music, fan characters, etc.)
- Sonic memes (such as Sanic and “It's no use”)
- Sonic merchandise (such as plush, figurines, apparel, and food)
- Hacks of Sonic games and bootleg games
- Theories and rumors (headcanons are accepted)
- Official Sonic events and conventions (such as the Summer of Sonic, Sonic Boom, and E3)
- Sonic-related news
- Anything Sonic!
Rules and notices
It's recommended that you learn about Sonic the Hedgehog before jumping into the conversation (visit the links in the resources to receive the gift of hedgehog knowledge), because there might be some aspects which may confuse non-Sonic fans.
Remember, only Sonic stuff in this forum can be in this topic. Any other Sonic topics will be considered duplicates. It's the official rule. The only exception is if it really needs to be discussed outside this topic, such as being a flamebait.
And please follow the community guidelines. Nothing inappropriate or offensive, such as graphic violence and gore, sexually (and obviously) suggestive or explicit things, profanity, discrimination, and usage or encouragement of alcohol/drug abuse. Although Sonic is for kids, the fandom can become REALLY REALLY nasty and produce stuff which NO ONE but them wants to see. (NFE/mild PG-13 content, such as minor bloodshed, is okay if there's a warning. You can mention Sonic fanwork with obscene content, except for egregiously R-rated works or X-rated ones, just don't go into detail.)
Also, be friendly, no flaming. Never be troll Blaze. If you want to criticize something, you can but please do it in a kind and friendly way so everyone will appreciate it. Downright negative will upset some users and no one wants that. Please also refrain from discussing topics that have caused flaming in the past, such as shipping. Don't forget to report any flamebaits that pop up. (SERIOUSLY, the second topic got closed three times due to the blazing flames.)
Please, spam is a NO-NO. You may post a couple of Sonic-related memes and funny content you find on the Internet SPARINGLY as long as you allow us to go with an interesting discussion.
I'm not sure but there might be some spoilers, especially if we're talking about a game we're playing.
Please report any post in which you think might be obscene or harmful.
If you are not interested in Sonic the Hedgehog, do not want to discuss about it, or disagree with these rules, I'll say one word: leave.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/2038456/ (no longer updated, but check it out if you want)