Vienradze

mewtaylor wrote:

Welcome to Scratch's Open Source Repositories forum! Here you will find all sorts of discussions and announcements relating to the work we do as a community to build the Scratch website/language using text-based coding languages. The Scratch Team invites others to participate in a variety of ways, such as :
  • Fixing bugs on our open source repositories
  • Adding questions/comments about how to get started building with our open source repositories
  • Participating in discussions about work with copies (forks) of the open source repositories

What's an Open Source Project?
When coding a project in the greater community of software developers, open source refers to coding something that anyone has free access to, like Scratch projects. This means you can of course grab a copy of our open source repository and build with it however you'd like to!

Open source repositories can be collaborative though, and usually have a small group of people who spend a lot of time working on them and maintaining them. While each one is worked on collaboratively by a small group of people – the Scratch Team – we still highly encourage, and really want contributions to them from the community.

At Scratch, we have a couple of different open source repositories. While the Scratch Team are the only people who can create new features for the repositories at this point, we do accept bug fixes and bug reports from the community.

What can we use this forum for?
To ask pretty much any questions and comments you might have about any of our open source projects .

Having trouble getting a copy of the project and working with it on your own computer? Ask about it in the forum!

Working on something in your own copy that you need help with, or want to work on someone else with? Ask someone in the forum!

We really want this to be a place where we all come together not only to build and talk with Scratch, but to build Scratch itself.

Here's a list of all of our current open source projects:
  • Scratch WWW – the new user interface for the Scratch website (including the recently updated Scratch Homepage) and where all of our ongoing updates to the website design will go.

  • ScratchX – the code for the ScratchX website, which is a separate experimental platform built to test experimental Scratch features, also known as Experimental Extensions. There is no login or community component to ScratchX, and projects created within ScratchX can only be run on ScratchX.

  • Scratch REST API – the documentation on how you can access Scratch data programmatically, outside of the Scratch website interface. Props to @liam48D for starting their own documentation before we released the API too!
It makes one little problem… BEFORE reply - atbilēt
AFTER reply - reply in latvian. And show all … Replies, for exemple 5 (my fav. Number) BEFORE show all 5 replies - parādīt visas 5 atbildes AFTER show all 5 replies - show all 5 replies. But lainuage was latvian. It can't be only for my coumputer, becaise I look in phone and therw was it too!

mewtaylor

Vienradze wrote:

It makes one little problem… BEFORE reply - atbilēt
AFTER reply - reply in latvian. And show all … Replies, for exemple 5 (my fav. Number) BEFORE show all 5 replies - parādīt visas 5 atbildes AFTER show all 5 replies - show all 5 replies. But lainuage was latvian. It can't be only for my coumputer, becaise I look in phone and therw was it too!
@Vienradze are you describing a bug with the way reply counts are showing up in the topic list of the forum? If so, the best place to post things like that would be the Bug & Glitches forum. Sorry if I am not understanding correctly though!

NoMod-Programming

mewtaylor wrote:

Vienradze wrote:

It makes one little problem… BEFORE reply - atbilēt
AFTER reply - reply in latvian. And show all … Replies, for exemple 5 (my fav. Number) BEFORE show all 5 replies - parādīt visas 5 atbildes AFTER show all 5 replies - show all 5 replies. But lainuage was latvian. It can't be only for my coumputer, becaise I look in phone and therw was it too!
@Vienradze are you describing a bug with the way reply counts are showing up in the topic list of the forum? If so, the best place to post things like that would be the Bug & Glitches forum. Sorry if I am not understanding correctly though!
I think he is. I'm wondering what is up with that, too. Are the servers running slowly or something?

mewtaylor

NoMod-Programming wrote:

I think he is. I'm wondering what is up with that, too. Are the servers running slowly or something?
Hmm – it's possible, but that shouldn't be delayed for that long either way. I'll take a look!

MClovers

Cool

Zappy1333

Cool, new forum!

DrKat123

Removed

Tymewalk

Where's the HTML5 Scratch port?

mewtaylor

@Tymewalk – we're no longer maintaining that project

NoMod-Programming

mewtaylor wrote:

@Tymewalk – we're no longer maintaining that project
(insert crying face here)

mewtaylor

NoMod-Programming don't worry too much – more news on that soon.

NoMod-Programming

mewtaylor wrote:

NoMod-Programming don't worry too much – more news on that soon.
Okay… But I really hope that you guys don't abandon the project. It would be very important (and make scratch more compatible, which is what i'm all about)

Tymewalk

mewtaylor wrote:

NoMod-Programming don't worry too much – more news on that soon.
Yay I've started learning some more HTML/JS, and I've already half-debugged one of the blocks. (Still haven't fixed it, but…)

mewtaylor

Just updated the OP to include Scratch Blocks and Scratch VM, for those who may not have seen them yet!

Aindriu

minecraft the dog on scratch soon

liam48D

Aindriu wrote:

minecraft the dog on scratch soon
What does that have to do with open source projects that are part of Scratch..?

Znapi

liam48D wrote:

Aindriu wrote:

minecraft the dog on scratch soon
What does that have to do with open source projects that are part of Scratch..?
I'm pretty sure that this subforum attracts so many posts about Scratch projects because the subforum title has “projects” in it. I don't know what else it could be renamed to though.

PantsOnFire08

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

When I logged in today, I saw this forum and was surprised!


Me too!

fresita1228

muy bonito lo que hisistes me parecio muy interesante

Parisclinton

That infomation