CrazyGoldfish3

Coder11000 wrote:

Yes, It's lesson two. Sorry, I must have misread your one comment; I thought it said that I was allowed to make it in a forum post. If it is supposed to be in a project, I'll have to code that later.

Sorry, I remember grading yours. Your good.

Candylanguagegirl

I apologize I still haven't finished the lesson… I know how frustrating that can be but frankly I haven't been spending as much time on scratch lately. I'll try to have mine done by the 21st at the latest. (Hopefully sooner but I have a LOT going on right now.)

CrazyGoldfish3

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

I apologize I still haven't finished the lesson… I know how frustrating that can be but frankly I haven't been spending as much time on scratch lately. I'll try to have mine done by the 21st at the latest. (Hopefully sooner but I have a LOT going on right now.)

Okay.

scratchinghead

Bump

Coder11000

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Coder11000 wrote:

Yes, It's lesson two. Sorry, I must have misread your one comment; I thought it said that I was allowed to make it in a forum post. If it is supposed to be in a project, I'll have to code that later.

Sorry, I remember grading yours. Your good.
Thanks!
Ugh, 60 second rule….

concon3546

hi im new to scratch can we talk

CrazyGoldfish3

concon3546 wrote:

Well, this isn't really a place for chatting. If you'd like a Mentor, another thread would suit you better.

amateurradiogeek15

BUMP

scratchinghead

Please grade mine…

amateurradiogeek15

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

concon3546 wrote:

Well, this isn't really a place for chatting. If you'd like a Mentor, another thread would suit you better.
A link would be helpful for that. Just sayin'.

CrazyGoldfish3

scratchinghead wrote:

Please grade mine…

I'm sorry, I've been very overwhelmed lately, and I think we might being doing another reform…? I heard something about our Common Core being flawed.

amateurradiogeek15

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

scratchinghead wrote:

Please grade mine…

I'm sorry, I've been very overwhelmed lately, and I think we might being doing another reform…? I heard something about our Common Core being flawed.
Well, we gotta keep on with what we have until that reform materializes. Can't leave people hanging.

CrazyGoldfish3

amateurradiogeek15 wrote:

Well, we gotta keep on with what we have until that reform materializes. Can't leave people hanging.

Well, I suggest that we immediately reform it then!

Blank1234

Hello, I'm here for training.

16luongl1

Need training now I was accepted in the application thread as a mentor.

Nickname- Merric (might be easier)
Job- Mentor
If Mentor, greatest talent- Programming by far.

rainbow_waves

16luongl1 wrote:

Job- Mentor
Same here - but Brains never said I needed training, soooooo I don't know if I need it or not.

CrazyGoldfish3

Though we most likely will be changing Lesson styles soon:

Lesson 1~ Starting Up

Whether a Finder or a Mentor, your start is key to how the rest of the conversation will go!

If you are Mentoring someone, properly introduce yourself. Be very sure to be kind! You want your New Scratcher to get a good first impression. If you are Finding someone, and you've found them, politely tell them how they seem fairly new to Scratch, and that we will help them if they'd like! If you are cold or rigid, why would they want help from you?

Here are some basic moods of New Scratchers~

Kind

Easy as pie, here. Simply greet them and 1) Play with their kindness, and 2) Be humorous.

Stubborn
First of all, introduce yourself. Say that they respond with something like, “I don't need a Mentor!” or, “Well, I don't need much help.”

The best response would be, “Oh, well, okay! If you would like one in the future, just take a look here~ (Link to Main Thread)! We can really help. ” or “Well, I'll see what I can do for you.

You have to 1) Act like you didn't realize their stubborn statement and 2) Offer your services anyway!

Rude
First of all, introduce yourself. Say that they respond with something like, “I don't need a Mentor!” or, “Okay, so when are we going to do something!?”

The best response would be, “Oh, well, okay! If you would like one in the future, just take a look here~ (Link to Main Thread)! We can really help. ” or “We will start up shortly.

You have to 1) Act like you didn't realize their rude statement and 2) Don't force anything! If you say, “Come on! join!” they might be offended, and that would seal the chances of them joining!

As you can see, New Scratchers can have a variety of emotions. After all, they are new! So, your assignment is to respond to these 3 situations below, and tell me which situation is which New Scratcher emotion- (“A”s are for Finders; “B”s for Mentors!)

1. Tell me your greeting

2A. Reply~ “i don't need a menttor! im rlly good at scratch alredy” What type, and what is your response?

2B. Reply~ “So what am I doing first? ” What type, and what is your response?

3A. Reply~ “umm… well, I guess so? it seems pretty cool. where do i start” What type, and what is your response?

3B. Reply~ “fine, but it better woork! what will we do” What type, and what is your response?

4A. Reply~ “it seems like you guys dont do much. if you were bettr, maybe.” What type, and what is your response?

4B. Reply~ “I'm already really good but this might make me better. I hope I'm not wasting my time”

rainbow_waves

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Though we most likely will be changing Lesson styles soon:

Lesson 1~ Starting Up

1. Tell me your greeting
Hiya! I'm rainbow_waves, but you can call me Rainbow! I'm going to be your mentor!

2B. Reply~ “So what am I doing first? ” What type, and what is your response?
Kind. I would say, “Are you having problems with anything specific? If not, we'll work on a pong game first!”

3B. Reply~ “fine, but it better woork! what will we do” What type, and what is your response?
Stubborn. I would say, “Great! Are you having trouble with anything specific? If not, we'll work on a pong game!”

4B. Reply~ “I'm already really good but this might make me better. I hope I'm not wasting my time”
Rude. I would say, “Don't worry, you won't waste your time! Do you have problems doing anything? If not, we can make a pong game!”
Yay! My first lesson as a mentor!

amateurradiogeek15

rainbow_waves wrote:

16luongl1 wrote:

Job- Mentor
Same here - but Brains never said I needed training, soooooo I don't know if I need it or not.
I don't really think you do, but that's IMO.

I think we also need to elect/find another trainer to help Crazy.

rainbow_waves

amateurradiogeek15 wrote:

rainbow_waves wrote:

16luongl1 wrote:

Job- Mentor
I don't really think you do, but that's IMO.

I think we also need to elect/find another trainer to help Crazy.
Thanks! And, yes we do.