psychic2ombie

Yay I have always wanted a offline editor of scratch 2.0

powerice

Hi!! Scratch Team!!!

I have found some problem. (OS : Windows XP, Offlne Editor version is lastest version)

When i made project and didn't save project at that moment.
I opened some project for reference, after that, i close the project with save option(when i quit the project).

But!!!,, All project window closed all together, my project disappeared without saving.

In Version 1.4 can be opened multi-project, But this version is not supported multi-project not yet?

cobraguy

I'm trying to install the Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor on my laptop but I keep getting an error that says:
Sorry, an error has occurred.
This application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
I have tried installing it from the big installer button in the middle of the screen, then I manually installed Adobe Air and used the Scratch Installer from the optional section.

Specs:
My browser / operating system: Windows 8, Chrome 30.0.1599.69, Flash 11.9 (release 900)

EDIT
It doesn't work on my Windows 8 laptop but the installer does work on my Windows XP desktop.

taknbacon

When I use the offline editor my sprite disappears when I try to use the costume feature. Is that normal?

jcx

There is a corrupted file in scratch.air. I tried to install and give an error, I tried also downloading the file many times.

jcx

by the way, are brand new instalations.

taknbacon

I cannot upload a project to the website! I did one earlier and had no problem. The error message is “site did not respond” a little help please.

jodru

COOOOLL!!!

DeMoriaan

dear scratch-team,

first sorry for my bad english, i'm german and thank you for this really fantastic way to do own programming. Scratch is awesome.

today i downloaded v373 of scratch 2 offline editor. had a problem by saving my projekt. program stopped and didnt respond. nothing helped (also not the task-manager) so i had to shut down and reset. nothing was saved.

and there's also a question: missing the backpack. i can see a very little bit of it, but there is no chance to open it, tried everything to change the window-size to get it, but didn't work. maybe it's not available in this version ?

kindly regards

iggyvolz

I wish you could modify existing Scratch projects in the offline Scratch instead of it uploading a new project.

GadgetAndyMan

Is it possible to disable checking for updates to the offline editor?
I run a network of well over a hundred computers, and update a centralised image which I deploy to all computers when I perform updates.

jdorf

I'm using Scratch 2.0 in an elementary school computer lab. My students opened a project in 2.0 that they began in 1.4. Several students had their sprite's costume disappear. The sprite and all of its scripts remained, but the sprite disappeared from the stage and the costumes tab only had a blank costume. This happened for at least 3 different students. One of the students tried to re-import the costume for the sprite. However, the sprite he chose in 1.4 was not included in the 2.0 library. The library is letting us scroll significantly past all of the available sprites.

KoRayven

Yeah, I have some feedback about 2.0. BTW, good job Scratch team!

1. I tried installing it on a friends laptop, but it wouldn't run(the Scratch.air installer, the adobe air installer worked)… the only possible problem that I can see is that he has a 32-bit system while I'm using 64-bit.
2. What are the minimum system requirements?
3. When I make a new sprite, it always starts at x:64,y:-1 or vice versa something like that. It's kinda annoying.

cdathenry

Hi,

We have been using Scratch 2 Beta for a few weeks now at Coder Dojo Atherny (Ireland) and we have a couple of suggestions for possible inclusion.

Firstly though, congratulations to the team for another brilliant product.

Would it be possible to allow the new Blocks functionality to work the same as Variables and Lists where the Block could be available to “All Sprites” or “This Sprite Only”

And also, where has the Remote Sensing gone . We also teach a bit of Python programming and have discovered that we can use Remote Sensing in Scratch 1.4 to have a Python Program interact with a Scratch Program which we think opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Oliver.

wkelly42

jdorf wrote:

I'm using Scratch 2.0 in an elementary school computer lab. My students opened a project in 2.0 that they began in 1.4. Several students had their sprite's costume disappear. The sprite and all of its scripts remained, but the sprite disappeared from the stage and the costumes tab only had a blank costume. This happened for at least 3 different students. One of the students tried to re-import the costume for the sprite. However, the sprite he chose in 1.4 was not included in the 2.0 library. The library is letting us scroll significantly past all of the available sprites.

In the costume editing screen, zoom all the way out and see if the sprite has just moved to the upper left corner. I've had trouble with sprites becoming uncentered using the Scratch 2.0 offline editor - when it happens, it sounds a LOT like what you are describing. Just re-center each costume and you should be fine – but the same thing may happen again the next time you open that project.

mobluse

cdathenry wrote:

Would it be possible to allow the new Blocks functionality to work the same as Variables and Lists where the Block could be available to “All Sprites” or “This Sprite Only”

And also, where has the Remote Sensing gone . We also teach a bit of Python programming and have discovered that we can use Remote Sensing in Scratch 1.4 to have a Python Program interact with a Scratch Program which we think opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

I don't know if this is the right place to suggest improvements of Scratch2, since there are another forum for this: http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/1/
I think it would be an improvement if you could have global procedures, but maybe there is some disadvantage I don't know about.

There is a system to replace remote sensor connections: you can upload a JSON-file using shift-click File/Import Experimental Extension. I too would like this to be able to connect to Python, see http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/19732/
What do you use to connect Scratch 1.4 to Python? I use scratchpy on GitHub.

jdorf

wkelly42 wrote:

jdorf wrote:

In the costume editing screen, zoom all the way out and see if the sprite has just moved to the upper left corner. I've had trouble with sprites becoming uncentered using the Scratch 2.0 offline editor - when it happens, it sounds a LOT like what you are describing. Just re-center each costume and you should be fine – but the same thing may happen again the next time you open that project.

wkelly42,
It is definitely not moving off center. On the costumes tab Scratch 2.0 offline shows the size of the sprite in pixels. Whenever one of our sprites disappears, it tells me that the sprite is 1x1pixel. That isn't off to the side somewhere. That's just gone. It has been happening with sprites that we choose from the library, sprites in Scratch 1.4 projects that we opened in 2.0 and with sprites that we created by importing our own pictures.

I'll capture and share a screenshot next time I see it happen.

Mrbus

This works loads better than the online editor, but you can't actually get to the download page without either searching for it online or knowing the link.

abe27633

Cool, I might try it out later, and make scratch projects on the go

gamer270

Tried to install Scratch 2 on Archlinux up to date as of 17 Nov. 2013.

$ /opt/adobe-air-sdk/bin/adl
Adobe (R) AIR (R) Debug Launcher (ADL)
Version 2.6.0.19120

$ pacman -Q adobe-air-sdk adobe-air
adobe-air-sdk 2.6-5
adobe-air 2.1-1

$ adobe-air ~/Scratch.air
adobe-air: Extracting application to directory: /tmp/adobeair.P6jL9tIaFQ
adobe-air: Attempting to start application
(adl:3425): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: “clearlooks”,
(adl:3425): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: “clearlooks”,
/usr/bin/adobe-air: line 18: 3425 Segmentation fault (core dumped) /opt/adobe-air-sdk/bin/adl -nodebug $tmpdir/META-INF/AIR/application.xml $tmpdir
adobe-air: Cleaning up temporary directory
adobe-air: Done

Any one here who is interested in getting this running on Archlinux?