Zaneki

Uh, well, I opened up Scratch 2.0 today and saw a popup about the newer version, and being the impulsive goof I am, I clicked the install button before I had deleted the first 2.0 Beta. As far as I can tell, it updated as it was supposed to (at least, the toolbar logo looks better), but might this pose a problem? Should I delete both Betas and then reinstall the new one? Or do you think I'm fine with working as-is?
(I'll test out the program now, but I need an opinion from someone knowledgeable on the subject)

Mewly

I did a little test with the paint editor in bitmap, and this is the result :

I'm using a drawing tablet, btw.

It's laggy. And it got inaccurate strokes. And, I used something I call a “fast technique”, so the lines should be straight.

But they aren't.

Also, that you can automatically move text or edit it after you're done, in case you placed it somewhere wrong, it needs to be re-sized or you typed something wrong (I used the “Select” tool).

Is a spellcheck possible?

ALSO, I tried drawing a bird because of some reason I started with the beak. Now, it looks like a human.

Happiny-64

CdRSpelletjes wrote:

Do you mean the previous 2.x version or the previous, previous 1.4 version? (old Scratch?)
the other version of Scratch 2.0. You can keep 1.4 installed, but you need to uninstall the old 2.0 software if you downloaded it earlier this week.

gromko

Zarick13 wrote:

Is there anyway to export Scratch games to flash files?
Use 2.02SWF - simple converter for Scratch 2.0 -> .SWF files (it's probably gonna output AS3 files and require a third-party compilers)/ Author - bobbybee - https://github.com/bobbybee/2.02SWF

natalie

Zaneki wrote:

Uh, well, I opened up Scratch 2.0 today and saw a popup about the newer version, and being the impulsive goof I am, I clicked the install button before I had deleted the first 2.0 Beta. As far as I can tell, it updated as it was supposed to (at least, the toolbar logo looks better), but might this pose a problem? Should I delete both Betas and then reinstall the new one? Or do you think I'm fine with working as-is?
(I'll test out the program now, but I need an opinion from someone knowledgeable on the subject)

The new one is called “Scratch 2” – is that what it says? You can delete the one that says "Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor." I'm glad to hear that the icon looks better now!

Spyfighter5000

It works perfectly! However one thing has gotten me very worried. When I save my projects and re open them, it keeps telling me“Error Project did not load.” I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong but this is quite a major issue when working with large projects.

SaysonRMX

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow! Scratch 2.x Beta Download (I think)

Http://Scratch.mit.edu/Scratch2Download

SaysonRMX

sccar3 wrote:

Thanks twitter for helping me be the first post!

you icon looks EPIC!

any is Scratch 2.0 Offline good? (I have not got it )

SaysonRMX

Stay on topic!!!!!!!

that was a good one

but on Scratch 2.0 beta offline You should be able to register your Scratch account into the editor. Isn't that a good idea? Then you won't have to type in your username and password anymore, and you shouldn't be able to use the backpack ( in next version ) without one. Is that a good idea? Or should you have the backpack WITHOUT an account?

dewy60

Dear Scratch team i downloaded an installer, and somehow i got an error.
Is there's a way to fix it?
thank you.
-dewy60

DotDash

dewy60 wrote:

Dear Scratch team i downloaded an installer, and somehow i got an error.
Is there's a way to fix it?
thank you.
-dewy60
Do you have Adobe AIR?

DotDash

When I was working on one of my projects in the offline editor, it seemed to be a lot more laggy than online.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11302274/

tpaley

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Is that supposed to happen?

Windows 8.1 preview.
Delete Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor and re-install it. It doesn't work because the filename changed to Scratch 2.

CALE01

Bug: run a game and if the game is running click on a sprite .etc (not the background) and click costumes and the costume is gone please fix

P110

Hey everyone,
found a small visual bug when I was updating, the progress bar went outside of the box, not a huge bug since it doesn't impact performance as far as I can tell but, just thought i'd report, managed to grab a screenshot as well

http://www.p110tech.co.uk/uploads/7/6/3/7/7637937/custom_themes/197245714909887334/files/bug.png

Mythrillion

Bug alert Weeooo weeeooo!

When you have a project open, then press open and it asks you would you like to save, the mouse pointer doesn't appear over the icons ;-;
Baii

dewy60

yes i have Adobe AIR.
Is there's a way to fix this problem?

dewy60

The error says that: “The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.”
Is there's a way to fix this problem?

gaberilde

davidkt wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Is that supposed to happen?

Windows 8.1 preview.
That happened to me, I just wasn't quick enough to pull out Snipping Tool and take a screenshot…

Wait, you can get the Windows 8.1 Preview? How did you get it?

preview.windows.com

puppycutie

Well, I think I know what you are talking about. I got a Windows 8, and there is a scratch program. However, I can't figure out how to save it to my account on the site. If you can explain, I would really appreciate it.