culverkwan

Can you help me to do a bounce of script?

-zyx-

culverkwan wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
if <touching [ edge] ?> then
set [ foo] to [15]
end
change y by (foo)
change [ foo] by (-1)
end

Idk, this should work in theory

-zyx-

epic_guy24 wrote:

Is there a way to get back to 2.0? 3.0 is not as easy to work with.
You can download the old offline editor, but I don’t think it’s possible convert 2.0 sb2 files in sb3

-zyx-

volovsjd wrote:

I am making a platformer, but everytime I code the ‘next level’ broadcast it doesn't work at all. it works for every other platformer ive played however. please help!
You have to program something that happens off the broadcast. Abrocast simple tells other sprites to do something but you have to tell it what to do.
broadcast [ next level]

when I receive [ next level]
say [level code here]

-zyx-

i_love_you_100 wrote:

Can You Make A Scratch Countdown timer?
Set timer For ____Mins ____Secs

define Mins(mins)secs(secs)
repeat ((secs) + ((60) * (mins)))
wait (1) secs
end

Monniasza_spzoo

Can you design realistic physics simulation for https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/311685090/ ?

Monniasza_spzoo

I want play frequency block, which I will use in https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/311685090/editor/ . Thread avaliable at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/352324/?page=1#post-3558158

Hippo_L0rd

I'm working on this game called “Dr.Phil vs Steve Harvey” but idk why my characters arent working…
If someone could go to my profile and check the scripting of the game to tell me why, that would be highly appreciated.

beard-cat

Hippo_L0rd wrote:

I'm working on this game called “Dr.Phil vs Steve Harvey” but idk why my characters arent working…
If someone could go to my profile and check the scripting of the game to tell me why, that would be highly appreciated.
It works for me! BTW Great game!

ORCA1500

GRACIAS THANK YOU SO MUCH @PADDLE2SEE

summit11573

How do you make a list bigger in scratch 3.0?

cs9999999999

ScratchDude82 wrote:

IF ANYONE WAS WONDERING HOW TO JUMP:
first, take 2 repeats (both 10 repeat) and stick em together. Then, take 2 “change y” boxes and set 1 in the first repeat, with change y by _ (1 - 9 is good) and then the second change y one in the second repeat box and make it a -_. To make it more realistic, add a wait box inbetween the repeat boxes.
EXAMPLE:
When W pressed:
repeat 10
change y by 6
wait 0.1 seconds
repeat 10
change y by -6

DA PERFECT JUMP!
set [jump v] to [10]
repeat (20)
change [jump v] by (-1)
change y by ((jump))
end

bgvikings08

culverkwan wrote:

sure

X-Pro-X

Paddle2See wrote:

hello12345678910 wrote:

Here are some helpful topics in scripting.
If you feel like there's something that should be here, but isn't, then suggest it.

Wiki Links

Scripting Tutorials
A nice little collection of scripting tutorials written by experienced scratchers
Drawing&Animation
A few tutorials on how to improve the look of your projects
_________________________________________________________________________________

Basic Topics

Jumping
Try to find a good platformer were you stay on the ground the whole time (you won't)
Curing the “Double click Green Flag” glitch
Fixing start-up problems with your project
__________________________________________________________________________________

More Advanced Topics

5 Easy Steps to Becoming a Better Programmer
Ways to improve your projects
Coding and Encoding for Cloud Variables
Sometimes you want to store more than numbers
A Guide on How To Make a Multiplayer Game
Play with your friends using Cloud Variables
Want to make 3D?
Various techniques to make projects in 3D!
Cloning tutorial
The basics of using cloning in your project
__________________________________________________________________________________

References

Scratch Wiki
The Wiki. simple as that
Scratch blocks Guide
Learn to use the forum-based Scratch blocks!

RubyPreston

I need help with moving one place to another. I know its super easy and its just I get the places wrong every time!! Hopefully I can get some answers how to get the places right some time!

bgvikings08

RubyPreston wrote:

I need help with moving one place to another. I know its super easy and its just I get the places wrong every time!! Hopefully I can get some answers how to get the places right some time!
Ok i can help. What exactly do u need

rick444

this project https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/320743543 when you put the ball in the middle then it glitches so is their a code to fix it.